ESRB Confirms Sonic Adventure for Xbox Live, PSN, and PC

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
PhunkyPhazon said:
A 5 out of 10? I really don't understand, the game initially comes out and is loved by fans and critics alike, but with every re-release it gets panned. I don't think the game has gotten worse with time or anything, certainly not as badly as other games have. Anyways, I'll pass on this since I still have my good ol' Dreamcast, but if it ever stops working for some reason I'll remember this.
I think it's because it was never good. We all had launch goggles at the time, remember?

zagazsano

Mar 19, 2009
OMG Perfect timing!!! My Dreamcast stopped working when I started playing it a couple days ago from a long time of use. Is Sonic Adventure 1 the Sonic with the BioLizard (Prototype of the Ultimate Lifeform) or is that Sonic Adventure 2?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
PhunkyPhazon said:
A 5 out of 10? I really don't understand, the game initially comes out and is loved by fans and critics alike, but with every re-release it gets panned. I don't think the game has gotten worse with time or anything, certainly not as badly as other games have. Anyways, I'll pass on this since I still have my good ol' Dreamcast, but if it ever stops working for some reason I'll remember this.
I think it's because it was never good. We all had launch goggles at the time, remember?
Speak for yourself, it's one of my favorite games. I see it on Top 10 favorite lists all the time.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Hollllllyyyyy crraaaaap I can't believe they're actually doing this!!!! I love Sonic Adventure! I already bought it 3 times (first time it broke so I replaced it, then a few years later I bought the GameCube version) but, damnit, I am buying it again just because it will have achievements. Wait, is it going to be XBLA? If so, this is a pretty big arcade game... Oh, I wonder if they will have online Chao races? That would be pretty sweet. Maybe you could even raise Chao with your friends? That would be cool, too.

Ugh, I need to find a copy of this to play now. Nostalgia is kicking in.

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
zagazsano said:
OMG Perfect timing!!! My Dreamcast stopped working when I started playing it a couple days ago from a long time of use. Is Sonic Adventure 1 the Sonic with the BioLizard (Prototype of the Ultimate Lifeform) or is that Sonic Adventure 2?
Nah, Biolizard was in the second one, I hated that fight.

OT: Awesome, I loved Sonic Adventure on the DreamCast, I once played it so much my hands started aching. Too bad I already have DX for the PC, I was actually playing it a few days ago, it's strange because I seem to keep angling to the right, despite pressing forwards. I'm hoping they'll re-release SA2 aswell.

zagazsano

Mar 19, 2009
dommyuk said:
zagazsano said:
Nah, Biolizard was in the second one, I hated that fight.

OT: Awesome, I loved Sonic Adventure on the DreamCast, I once played it so much my hands started aching. Too bad I already have DX for the PC, I was actually playing it a few days ago, it's strange because I seem to keep angling to the right, despite pressing forwards. I'm hoping they'll re-release SA2 aswell.
Ditto. And thanks. I want to destroy the Biolizard again in HD.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
hows this for a back catalogue: Release an official Virtual Dreamcast

That's right, a fully supported and meticulously coded emulator for PS3, Xbox 360 and PS3, make it downloadable and installable like a game or OS Application and all you need to play ANY game is just the raw data. The benefit for Sega is they sell the game data to the consumers for profit.

Everyone remembers the Digital Foundry article on PS2 emulation and the benefits of improving resolution, framerate and anti-aliasing, why could the same not be done for Dreamcast? Sure, each game may need some specific plugins but it beats the hell out of having to recode and port each game individually

but it won't appeal to me very much as most of the great Dreamcast games have already seen releases on other platforms:

-House of the Dead 2 = excellent PC port using preferable mouse aim
-Typing of the dead = PC again
-Skies of Arcadia = Gamecube
-Resident evil Code: Veronica = PS2 port
-Unreal tournament = obviously better on PC (put SoF and many other titles in this category too)
-Fur Fighters = PC and PS2
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 = XBLA/PSN

And all the PS1 game that were supposedly better on Dreamcast like Tomb Raider, Dino Crisis and Resident Evil 3 were only as good as the PC version but without the extra resolution.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
A HD remake of the first 3/4 Sonic games. Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, and of course be able to mix Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.