Europe Gets Exclusive Zelda 3DS Bundle

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Europe Gets Exclusive Zelda 3DS Bundle

Only Europeans can celebrate the 25th Anniversary of The Legend of Zelda with a special Nintendo 3DS bundle.

Ready to feel old? The first Legend of Zelda game came out 25 years ago on the 8-bit Nintendo system originally called the Famicom in Japan. I remember seeing the gold plastic cartridge at my friend's house and coveting its gateway into a world of swords, fairies and octoroks. To commemorate the occasion, Nintendo is rolling out a bundle pack of the remake of Ocarina of Time with its star-crossed 3DS handheld etched with the symbol of Hyrule in gold. The package will be available in Europe on November 25th, and will cost €199, with a £169.99 price tag likely in the UK.

[gallery=540]

I loved Ocarina of Time in the 90s, and the remake in 3D is a loyal update to the game without altering it too much. The timing of this new limited bundle getting on store shelves "just in time for Christmas" on November 25th is no accident. I'm sure Nintendo hopes that the bundle will help to sell some units, because even a price drop hasn't made the handheld get into the hands of customers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112089-Price-Cut-Announcement-Halves-3DS-Sales].

If Zelda can't sell a 3DS, I'm not sure what can.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
While it is nice that the Europeans get an exclusive this means that I must deal with extreme envy. That 3DS looks pretty damn nice and seeing as I do not currently own a 3DS if it was released in the US I would buy it day 1.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
CURSE YOU, REGION LOCK AND ACTUALLY LOOKING BETTER THAN THAT MOCKUP 3DS WE SAW MONTHS AGO!

Man, I hope they release it in the US...

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I really want it but I just can't afford a new handheld >.<

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
That 3DS looks awesome. I like how it's just the black one with some new designs on it, because the black one is still the best color they have out right now (second place goes to red, and that disgusting blue thing broke its leg at the start of the race and isn't even going to be able to finish).

Greg Tito said:
I'm sure Nintendo hopes that the bundle will help to sell some units, because even a price drop hasn't made the handheld get into the hands of customers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112089-Price-Cut-Announcement-Halves-3DS-Sales].
That article was pointing out that sales dropped during the period between the price drop announcement and the actual price drop, where surprise surprise, people decided to not buy it until the price went down.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20103844-17/price-cut-helps-3ds-sales-soar-260-percent/

Oops.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
looks nice but 200 is a bit to steep also THE FUCKING REGION LOCK! WHY DO WE STILL HAVE THAT BS?!

Cormyre

Jun 11, 2010
Only way Nintendo gets my money via a 3DS sale is if they release that in the states. I've been holding off since I had to buy 2 DS's when they came out with the Zelda LE... wasn't going to do it again.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
That is the first special-branded console I have ever seen that I could confidently call tasteful looking o.o

Wow.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Further evidence in my theory that NoA is practically a separate company run by morons. While Europe is releasing this, a white 3DS bundled with Mario 3D Land (WANT!) and a pink one for Nintendog + Cats (...well I'm sure SOMEONE would like it...), attempts to actually convince people to, y'know, BUY the 3DS, NoA is releasing a bundle for the DSi XL. This and the whole business with Rainfall just makes me hope that someone high up in the ranks of NoA gets fired, so that perhaps we Americans can get this cool stuff as well.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That is soooooo cool!!
I've been waiting to get a 3DS for obvious reasons, but I want OoT, and mario kart and super mario are coming out soon. The 3DS looks gorgeous, but I'm still reluctant. I still want to wait for a 2D version with 2 analogue sticks, but who knows how long that'll take?

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
Wow, Europe gets some pretty good deals with the Legend of Zelda series. We got Minish Cap a whole two months before America, Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland where as America did not get it at all (though considering the characters reception in the US I don't think there too disappointed about that) and we...holy heck, Europe get's Skyward Sword before all the countries, even Japan.

I already have a 3DS and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Game had a special offer where you get a 3DS for only £186 with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D...and this was before the price cut) but it's a nice deal. This is probably the only occasion where I?m glad the UK is part of Europe.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Mr. Omega said:
Further evidence in my theory that NoA is practically a separate company run by morons. While Europe is releasing this, a white 3DS bundled with Mario 3D Land (WANT!) and a pink one for Nintendog + Cats (...well I'm sure SOMEONE would like it...), attempts to actually convince people to, y'know, BUY the 3DS, NoA is releasing a bundle for the DSi XL. This and the whole business with Rainfall just makes me hope that someone high up in the ranks of NoA gets fired, so that perhaps we Americans can get this cool stuff as well.
I think i'll have to say that as a guy coming from the UK we don't always get stuff that you Americans get like for instance competitions to win great stuff that we people might want and sometimes game bundles.

So either way it's not the end of the world and it's not that big a deal anyway.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
That may be the most beautiful 3DS I have ever seen. It may take some restraint on my part to not give in and buy it.

Sorry to the rest of the world you aren't getting this. I hope it is announced for you all soon.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Damn you nintendo *shakes fist*.

Damn, I want to wait for the second generation 3DS before even considering getting one. But this new shiny awesome looking zelda 3DS makes it a lot more difficult. (Sure there isn't an actual game I want to play on this device, but it looks so awesome.) Luckily I don't have the money at the moment.

Anyways, still got that skyrim preorder.

PS. Wohooo, Europe ftw!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well I know which 3DS offers I will be getting if I ever buy one soon.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
*sees awesome Zelda 3DS*
*Lives in America*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Why don't I get this!?!

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks they're watching the 3DS going down into the sea burning rather than watching it getting a new engine so it can actually sail, if you know what I mean?