Eurovision 2011 - Any Escapists watching?`

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
ChocoFace said:
I remember watching it one year and the commentator guessed 99% of the votes correctly, while points were being given.
He couldn't stop laughing at the later stages of it. Neither could i, honestly.
That was probably Terry Wogan, I used to think he was psychic or something, because he always got the 12 points correct, since everyone votes politically. Ah, memories.

CosmoK

Oct 25, 2009
Darth Sea Bass said:
Good god no i won't be watching it! I actually like music.
Hehe, that's what I keep telling people (especially my mom when I come over to visit). As a sound engineer with varying music tastes (the only stuff I really hate being boy/girl groups created solely for the purpose to rake in cash), I try to have an open mind. By all means, some of the stuff is good, but most of the time, the bad outweighs it... heavily.

When it comes to voting. Hah! It's not as if political ties change every year, so when they're counting the votes from each country, it's almost always the same result as the previous year.... and the year before that, and... (well, not 100% true, but the baltic/old eastern bloc countries do seem to be quite good friends. Hmm...).

There's also a handfull of presenters that *really* shouldn't have been chosen to represent their country during the voting process...

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Hero in a half shell said:
ChocoFace said:
I remember watching it one year and the commentator guessed 99% of the votes correctly, while points were being given.
He couldn't stop laughing at the later stages of it. Neither could i, honestly.
That was probably Terry Wogan, I used to think he was psychic or something, because he always got the 12 points correct, since everyone votes politically. Ah, memories.
Actually it was an estonian commentator. From Estonia. Speaking estonian.

I have no idea who Terry Wogan is, though many people have mentioned him in this thread.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
ChocoFace said:
Actually it was an estonian commentator. From Estonia. Speaking estonian.

I have no idea who Terry Wogan is, though many people have mentioned him in this thread.
Whoops, I should have looked at the country in your profile, sorry. When everyone writes in English I sometimes forget a lot of people aren't actually from the UK.

May 25, 2010
Well, I certainly didn't expect such a negative reaction. This isn't really something to be taken seriously at any rate. It's just something to watch with some friends and have a good laugh.

After a quick read, it seems that I'm the only one who even mentioned Slovenia's song, which is easily my favorite this year. I'll just post it here for people who can't be bothered to search for it: