Eurovision Song Contest qualifiers

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Belgium should send Gotye, he's artsy and unique enough and was born in Belgium! (Plus, the Australians would LOVE to have someone from their side of the globe compete, seeing how it's surprisingly popular there.)

We would win the hell out of that! (But we're not, we're probably sending the old bat with the little crown...)

watch?v=wnGsEfFHi0U

(NOT the song we're sending BTW)

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Me55enger said:
In the UK, Eurovision is where we send old established artists to die.
By that logic, they should send One Direction! ... Wait, they're one of the hottest bands in the world right now and would win that thing.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
keniakittykat said:
Me55enger said:
By that logic, they should send One Direction! ... Wait, they're one of the hottest bands in the world right now and would win that thing.
And by your logic, you have stumbled across the reason why we don't send bands like One Direction.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Me55enger said:
keniakittykat said:
Me55enger said:
And by your logic, you have stumbled across the reason why we don't send bands like One Direction.
I've often asked myself why they don't send Iron Maiden... and then I remember that, unlike everyone who has participated in the ESC in recent years, they probably have some level of dignity left :p

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
So, because I hate all of you forumites so, so much, I'm gonna give you a play-by-play of the third show here in Sweden.

The program leaders still have no frontflipping material to work with, and have resorted to unfunny drag jokes.

First song, Outtrigger with "Echo". Best song thus far this year, but otherwise... metal really doesn't in this competition.

Second song, Eko with "Red". I'll be nice and call this uninteresting. If I was being honest I'd call it dull as f**k.

Third song, Oscar Zia with "Yes We Can". Beiber flashbacks! Beiber flashbacks! And what in Gods name is up with having the singer and dancers hiding behind monitors showing a video of the singer singing the song?

Hurray! First funny joke this year. Shirley Clamps next song after, in chronological order, "To Love You", "Heart Full of Light", "I Thought It Was Forever" and "Burning Alive": "You take the kids, I'll keep the house".

Fourth song, Shirley Clamp with "Burning Alive". One; get this woman a dress that wasn't made by Edward Scissorhands. Two; this is probably the weakest this woman has ever performed.

Fifth song, State of Drama with "All We Are". Just empty, meaningless by-the-dozens pop. And not even original pop; I'll bet money they've stolen the music from Veronica Maggio.

Sixth song, Cajsastina Åkerström with "En Enkel Sång". I won't say it's bad, but by God and all the Saints, is this dull. My mum's falling asleep, and she unironically enjoys this show.

Björn Gustavsson shows up and steals the show. We've missed you Björn. :)

Seventh song, Ace Wilder with "Busy Doin' Nothin'". An ode to all the lazy daydreamers with no dayjob out there. I think it's dull, but it's different enough to be succesful.

Eight and last song, Dr. Alban and Jessica Folcker with "Around the World". Reggae meets pop, and the result is... uneven. It seems like there's been a technical malfunction somewhere, because parts of the song sound horrible.

Best show thus far this year, though it's still among the weakest I've heard in year. Ignoring Björn, I've only enjoyed it thus far by sporking the show... :/

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
I have literally no idea who the UK will be sending, but I'm almost certain it won't be anyone good.
I hope it's not Jedward. You know that would be the worst.

I can't wait to watch this year, avoid the internet to not spoil the winner and buy the soundtrack! :D

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Mangod said:
Me55enger said:
keniakittykat said:
Me55enger said:
I've often asked myself why they don't send Iron Maiden... and then I remember that, unlike everyone who has participated in the ESC in recent years, they probably have some level of dignity left :p
That would be the gayest Iron Maiden gig ever :D