Eurovision song contest

Gabriela D.

Dec 10, 2010
Only middle-age women and old people watch it in Romania. The only time I stayed longer than the time it took to change the channel was when Lordi was on.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
It gave us Epic Sax Guy, introduced Lordi to more people and, er, that's it. Basically people vote for who supplies them with gas/oil/loans and that's it.

Only reason it was ever really worth watching was for Terry Wogan trolling the entire field.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I care, massively, and I'm British. However, I can't see it tonight as I'm busy with a week's work of housework and revision that need to be done right now, before my parents return from Egypt. Thus, I have one question. Does anyone know if it's going to be on BBC iPlayer or anything similar tonight? I missed Eurovision last year and the year before, I don't want to miss it tonight as well...

EDIT: That being said, I'm happy to miss the Irish entry. Normally the Irish, who I love as a people anyway, come up with something great. But this year... Jedward. Nothing more needs to be said.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
I just want to see Moldova's entry. They have to follow Epic Sax Guy and last years conical hats with something good.

Trivun said:
EDIT: That being said, I'm happy to miss the Irish entry. Normally the Irish, who I love as a people anyway, come up with something great. But this year... Jedward. Nothing more needs to be said.
U Mad Bro?

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
As a connoisseur of the ridiculous, Eurovision is an absolute cheesy joy from start to finish. Crappy, permatanned presenters, unbelievable costumes, the most insane europop monstrosities imaginable... how can anyone fail to love it? Get some mates round, bet on which acts are going to be the most out-of-tune and down your drink every time someone attempts a 'bucks fizz' style costume gimmick.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Ninjamedic said:
I just want to see Moldova's entry. They have to follow Epic Sax Guy and last years conical hats with something good.

Trivun said:
U Mad Bro?
Let's just say I sing better than they do. And I'm tone deaf.

xD

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Trivun said:
Ninjamedic said:

Trivun said:
U Mad Bro?
Let's just say I sing better than they do. And I'm tone deaf.

xD
They're the greatest ambassadors for Ireland when you think about it.

"Come to the Emerald Isle! Import our products! Invest in us! Come here on holiday! OR WE'LL SEND MORE OF THESE BASTARDS OVER TO YA".

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Everyone vote for Greece just to the their faces when they have to pay for next years stadium.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
I kinda wish we had Eurovision in North America. We have less countries here, so it'd be shorter, but it sounds like fun. :)

(Would we call it NorthAmerovision? :p )

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Since the Netherlands generally sends in the worst we can find, as well as the rest not being very good in general, I never really bother with it. It was fun when Lordi won though.

I also do enjoy the notion of us sending in crap so we never have to pay for hosting the darn thing. I would love it if that were true.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I have a soft spot for Eurovision Song Contest, call it a guilty pleasure. Sure, musically it's like one step below Rihanna (I'll shamefully admit that every year there's a song or two that are at least endurable for the one or two times you have to hear it, but don't tell anyone I said that...), but that's not really why you watch it. There's just something fun about the spectacle, how gloriously flamboyant it is, and the sh*t people pull off in their attempts to win it. Besides, there's a sense of drama that arises from the scope of it and how seriously people take it, kind of the same reason I enjoy the football world cup even though I don't give a damn about football.

Also, what the hell is up with Jedward? Are you sure they're twins? Because that was seriously homo erotic o_O

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
99% of the music i dont like ... occasionally ill go .. thats a decent song but not enough to convince me to watch.. and even if i dont watch all the stuff is on youtube.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Lectori Salutem said:
Since the Netherlands generally sends in the worst we can find, as well as the rest not being very good in general, I never really bother with it. It was fun when Lordi won though.

I also do enjoy the notion of us sending in crap so we never have to pay for hosting the darn thing. I would love it if that were true.
I'll say. But then again, why does the Tros keep bothering with it? Nobody cares anymore after 8 years of not even making the finals.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I just watched some 40 minutes of it, didn't listen to a single song.

Nei OP, svo ég viti að þá erum við eina þjóðin sem gefur einhvern skít í Evróvisíon.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
i like it. call it a family tradition. i just hate how commentators in netherlands are all full of hate. "yeah, they won at the cost of netherlands!" and sh!t like that. i was flabbergasted when i heard that.

but yeah, you send crap and expect to win, then get angry at the entire world and you make a fool out of yourself even more.... sigh.

but yeah, its a bit of a guilty pleasure. its fun, nothing more.