EVE Online Mega-Battle Breaks $300,000 In Real-World Losses

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I've never felt any desire to play this game, but EVERY single time there's news it all just sounds like the most awesome thing possible. This screens look messy as hell but fantastic nonetheless.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
DazBurger said:
Firstly.
Daaaaaamn! I wish I liked to play EVE.

Secondly.
How about making it a huge debris-field, which over time forms a space-hulk, which will be a new fighting zone in Dust 514? Or a new pirate harbour?
Actually, to mention another thread from the Escapist about this battle, the new Titan debris models are going to be used to make it sort of a graveyard, showing remaining signs of the battle long after it occured

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Holy shneikies, 88 supercaps blowed up!
delroland said:
Theoretically, what would happen if CFC owned all of nullsec? How would it affect lowsec and empire space?
Things would be boring and as they'd control every single bottleneck material that isn't from wormholes they'd get really space rich while prices rise for stuff in low and high.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
bubbles, all those bubbles..... my eyes are gettign wet, this is beatiful.
Also this will fill my wallet nicely, all those ships i can sell to them, yummy.

Spacewolf said:
So who actually won, and are all those little red dots players or are they missiles or similar NPC drones?
players. Drones are marked as X in overlay. Missiles do not show up at all.

delroland said:
Theoretically, what would happen if CFC owned all of nullsec? How would it affect lowsec and empire space?
monopoly on moon goo and best isk making machine acess they would be hard contested to defend on constant basis. they would likely fall into inner wars due to who is going to control what part. essentially they could regular supply of certain products that are more prominent in 0sec, but they would hardly be able to enslave eve.

the doom cannon said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
They do make for lovely wallpapers if the screenshots are done right though ^_^
Speaking of wallpapers, hers a link to the gallery of 4k screens that were used in this thread
http://imgur.com/a/ikc3o#0
imgurHigh quality

Pick one.

imgur compresses their images beyond belief and are shit for uploading high quality images.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
erttheking said:
Jesus Christ, EVE online is turning into a battlefield for a clash of titans, entire armies of titans! If only there was a game like this where the learning curve wasn't a brick.
The learning curve isn't a brick, you just need to do some research and be always up to date with recent news, patches and market updates from the game, at least generally.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Goddamn, this game even manages to make EPIC SPACE BATTLES look fucking boring. I fell asleep watching that video.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I'm skimming through the posts, but what I'm getting here is that the corporations Yahtzee teased about in his EVE Online review had turned into goddamn armies vying over control of space.

And that it gets depressing when you have to consider all the money spent getting all of those ships online.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
This isn't the only game where it could happen.

Pretty much any online game with territory controls/a changing world can have similiar battles.

But this is still pretty amazing. Too bad I wouldn't touch Eve online with a 50 foot string of blow up dolls made of explodium.