Even Ex-Maxis Employees Are Making Cities: Skylines Mods - Update

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I feel that this guy making these buildings for Cities is in itself a eff you to EA, especially as they would of nickel and dimed people for each building he made had he still worked for Maxis.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
"It's so easy to mod, even EA can do it!"

I have left good jobs where the employers were really nice and even though I'm not working there anymore I've still wanted to support the company and send them potential customers. This really does not seem to be the case with ex-Maxis developers.
Maybe that says a lot about EA as a company.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
All I really want to know is if someone's recreated all the buildings from Simcity 2000 in Skylines or not...

iller3

Nov 5, 2014
Feel good story of the month.

Easily my favorite part of SimCity4 was just browsing through all the mods and testing them out.
It's awesome to hear this game went all-in on supporting that dynamic where as EA told us all to f*** off

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Zipa said:
I feel that this guy making these buildings for Cities is in itself a eff you to EA, especially as they would of nickel and dimed people for each building he made had he still worked for Maxis.
Umm... not sure if you missed the update or not but...

If you think Bryan "MaxisLime" Shannon deserves some dosh for his work, you can now support him on Patreon. As Shannon is between jobs at the moment, he is looking to try and get some money for his modding, with Patreons paying him out for every building he makes for Cities: Skylines.
EA taught him well...

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Demagogue said:
Zipa said:
Umm... not sure if you missed the update or not but...

If you think Bryan "MaxisLime" Shannon deserves some dosh for his work, you can now support him on Patreon. As Shannon is between jobs at the moment, he is looking to try and get some money for his modding, with Patreons paying him out for every building he makes for Cities: Skylines.
EA taught him well...
Yeah I didn't see that, though I hardly blame the guy in a way since he just lost his job thanks to EAs butchery of another Dev studio, plus its not like you have to donate if you don't want to.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I'm still in mourning for Maxis, though it wasn't what it was when I worked at EA, it still is sad to see a company I loved both as a fan and as a co-worker (in QA for them) go the way of the Dodo. Still it was bound to happen eventually.
Nice to see this game is continuing the spirit of Maxis and that at least one of the former devs I may have passed in the halls (not sure, it has been awhile and a lot of turnover has happened in EA) is still doing something they love. If I weren't poor as hell I'd support the patreon in a heartbeat (but it'd have to get in line behind quite a few folks who've already got my pledged support as soon as I'm not in poverty).