Ever been banned for kicking too much ass?

Xmaspast

Sep 11, 2011
Not exactly a "banned" experience but last spring before I sold my copy of Black Ops I was killing time in a Free For All match, the only mode I ever really got into, maybe because I excelled at it. But I had a class that was basically set up specifically to kick ass in FFA. Ghost Pro, Steady Aim Pro, Marathon Pro, with a SPAS. I would basically spend all match sprinting around, undetectable by any sort of aircraft, shooting people at close range. Well, one match I was actually losing pretty hard. Now, I'm not a particularly big trash talker, I'm kind of shy so I mostly just keep to myself when I play, but I had my headset in nonetheless. And I'm losing this match by like five or six kills, not a huge amount, but enough that this one guy started getting cocky and talkin' shit to me. So I'm just keepin' my mouth shut, don't feed the troll and all that. Then all of a sudden I start getting kill after kill, finding my rhythm, getting back in the game. So finally I end up gunning this guy down 3-4 times in a row, I take over first place, and I end up winning the match by a good 12 kills. So we're in the post-game lobby and all of a sudden this guy and all of his?idk if they were friends? they were at least on his side, we'll call them friends?start going on about how it's not fair that I use a shotgun because it's basically a one hit kill and I shouldn't be allowed to use ghost and marathon makes me too hard to hit and so after a good thirty seconds of a lobby full of people bitching at me for being better than they were I just took a deep breath and said, "I just have one question. Guys, how do my nuts taste?" Cleared out that room pretty quick. Never gonna top that moment I don't think.

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
Combat Arms. I've been kicked hundreds of times (Well, I haven't played it in over a year...), and it was still worth it. I may have been a slight douche (Quickscoping and all, you know how it is...) but with a KDR of 6.33, you have to admit I'm pretty good. Considering 40% of players on the game cheat, some blatantly (Instantly killing everybody on the server) or quietly (Seeing through walls, auto-aim...)

"guys, dave hacks, kick him! He's using chams! Sniped me in spawn! Hack hack hack!"

I don't even know HOW to "Hack" a game :<

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Im not allowed to play paintball at a certain paintball arena anymore because i was "too good and too intense" for the other players.

but in games... actually yeah. Im not a llowed to play one of the arcade games anymore at the mall where you stack blocks up and if you do it right you get really good prices (good watches, PSPs, etc) because i got so good at it. so Im part of maybe a handful of people.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
No, I suck at games. Luckily most other people suck too (hey somebody has to fill up those between the bottom and the top tier). I also know that at least some of the people here are lying. Gamers always have to have a bid pissing contest over who's the best. I prefer to spend my time learning how to not get frustrated when I lose since I know it's going to happen, no matter how good you are someone is always better.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I've more or less been the direct cause of empty online player lobbies in Mortal Kombat. Does that count?

Worst thing is I'm not even that good!

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
i got yelled at and called a hacking modding ***** who needs to get laid once. WELL SORRRRRRY i know how to use a sniper rifle. ever notice how if you're good at ANYTHING there's always a bunch of assholes who try to justify why they died first instead of you?

Badong

May 26, 2010
I was banned from a sparring circle once because of kicking too much ass.

In gaming though, I have yet to be banned, since most of my mates are not the kind of people to shun another for being too good.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Ghengis John said:
J.J said:
Being a decent tournament player in any fighting game room will get you kicked hard. They'll kick you whenever they're done straight losing to you and will provide you the most lame, and possibly trolling, reasons.

Best one I've received that I can remember: "You were spamming combos".

O-Oh...
Lol Yeah this. I enjoy being kicked because I "must play this game all day." when I haven't played in months or because "You block everything!" Once I was even accused of "spamming ring outs" in soul calibur IV. How can you spam ringouts? It sounds like something the Gods themselves would do. And twice a yoda in that match rung himself out when I side-stepped him. I laughed too loud into the mic maybe.

Also once got banned from a Shojo server. It was this meccha anime love letter game that came out before some of you were born. My friend bought it, he bought me a copy, he wanted to kill me and the first time I played it I annihilated his favorite server. At one point I had 430 kills and 6 deaths. I was really big into FPS's at the time. I got booted, he got mad.
I loved Shojo, but by the time I got into it, most of the servers were largely empty. It was a fairly good game.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
a few year go (I was like 14-15 at the time) The kids in the neighbor hood held a few DragonBall Z Budikai Tenkaichi 3 tournament. I won the first 2 tournaments then they banned me from the 3rd one. Not my fault I know how to play and do not rely on the OP characters like Jenemba and Gogeta SS4.

Plus I rock with Android 18. Girl can fuck shit up.

niege

Aug 16, 2009
I haven't been been banned but my friend has been.
He was playing CS:S for many years ago was quit awesome with the AWP and actually managed to go 30/0 when the admin rages and kicks him he logged back to the server said "Why'd you kick me all i am doing is pwning some n00bs" he got banned and the reason was "Racism

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
BanicRhys said:
Yes, I was banned from playing Magic: the Gathering with my "friends" because I had made a couple of decks that were nigh unbeatable by anything they could come up with.

The funniest thing is that they're all dead now.
eighter you were using banned cards, or they were bad deck builders. : p

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament 2004, Bad Company 2, Team Fortress 2 I was banned from a few servers (mostly unreal2k4). I was accused of cheats and such and I wasn't, I think cheats are bloody stupid why bother playing a game with cheats? I didn't even cheat in GTA games it just killed the fun.

Hell I still get accused of cheating in TF2 and I'm positive I'm not MLG PRO YO. How did I know you were cloaked in the corner? You're dripping water that you just stepped out of. Around a corner? Your ...minigun was spinning.

I think people fail to realize just how key audio is shooter games.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
qeinar said:
BanicRhys said:
Yes, I was banned from playing Magic: the Gathering with my "friends" because I had made a couple of decks that were nigh unbeatable by anything they could come up with.

The funniest thing is that they're all dead now.
eighter you were using banned cards, or they were bad deck builders. : p
Naw, they were all just bad. The decks weren't really all that powerful.

They were just an elf deck and an easily counterable combo deck that still took 5 or 6 turns to win.

Sttoh

Apr 10, 2010
Let's do a hypothetical situation where players can ban other players in a MMO.

Darkfall Online would have roped me a couple bans from the pure seething rage of some of the corpses I've looted. Man, did I ever love the fact that there was no factions in that game.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Tsaba said:
I'm sorry, but, you sold your self out on this one, you went into a server, you do this often, and apparently the admin and probably a few others have an issue with it. They kicked you and you just didn't take the hint and got banned. I'm sure if you contacted the admin instead of coming on hear and gloat and whine [small](would you like cheese with that?)[/small] about how the admin was childish and banned you, you would probably hear what I'm telling you right now.

You just have to see it from the other side, you where being inconsiderate to the other players of the server.
Isn't it basic nature to want to reach the top of the food chain? Sounds like you're telling him that having skill is a bad thing and he should try to suck at it more. Since when did it suddenly become a problem with those who have skill rather than nooblets being butthurt because they can't come up with a better streategy? Did the admin need to ban him? If the admin felt there was an actual issue could they have not simply asked him to tone it down a little? Sounds more like they all just took the game too seriously and in a fit of childish rage banned a player for being better than themselves.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Yeah. Once in CTF I was dominating really hard, I was stopping all Flag carriers and stopped every Concing scout and medic, MID AIR! Then they said that I was haxing... Oddly enough only people who cried were on the opposite team and my teammates (also clan mates) defended me.

Same thing happened in TF2, I had kill streak of 16 as sniper along with few rocket jumpers fragged and the server had some damn automatic banning system if people become too good... Wtf?

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
no
when I see that i am clearly much better than everybody else i usually leave in search for a challenge.

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
Keepeas said:
Yes.
COD4
PunkBuster kicked me because it thought I was hacking...
I wasn't hacking...it just thought I was because I was doing so well it was considered inhuman(Godly).
25-0 kill streak in under 30 seconds. Nearly every shot was a head shot.(hit, not fired)
P90 was my weapon of choice, with which I unloaded a magazine and then swithed to the Desert Eagle.
It was glorious...that is until I was kicked...then it turned into a completely different glorious moment.
punkbuster detects script alterations, not godly kill streaks. you woulda had something running in the background for it to kick you like you say. either that or the admin kicked you claiming to be punk buster somehow.

Sieggy

Dec 8, 2010
In Getamped, around 30-40% room leader kicked me out because of my high ranking.

Then by those, half of the room leader kicked be out after a match because I scooped everyone's points to myself.