Ever been banned for kicking too much ass?

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
Console player so not banned but I've been kicked from a few matches across the last few COD games I'm usually pretty good but every once in a while I'd do amazingly well, Battlefield BC 2 I've been accused of cheating a dozen or so times due to good sniping ie getting kills through foliage or soft cover or when I'm getting too many pistol kills which is funny since its usually my last ditch weapon I'm just good with it since I tend to run out of ammo quickly, or if I get in a chopper very few people can fly the damn things let alone avoid incoming fire but I can.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Yeah, in some shooters, I get called a hacker and kicked or banned for it. Never once hacked in my life, never saw a point.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
TestECull said:
Smeggs said:
Isn't it basic nature to want to reach the top of the food chain? Sounds like you're telling him that having skill is a bad thing and he should try to suck at it more. Since when did it suddenly become a problem with those who have skill rather than nooblets being butthurt because they can't come up with a better streategy? Did the admin need to ban him? If the admin felt there was an actual issue could they have not simply asked him to tone it down a little? Sounds more like they all just took the game too seriously and in a fit of childish rage banned a player for being better than themselves.
The problem isn't that he's good, it's that he's purposely playing on servers with players who aren't anywhere near that good. It's fucking annoying to be trying to play a shooter for giggles only to have your game ruined because of some 'pro' asshole that doesn't want to play at his skill level.

'Tis why I don't play online at all hardly. I play for fun and it simply isn't fun playing against someone that much better.
If you were only playing for fun doesn't it imply you do not care about the outcome of the match? When I think of playing for fun, I flash back to my MW2 days where I would bum-rush the enemy line holding a cooked grenade in my hand, then laughing as I suicide-bombed two or three enemy soldiers, any negative talk against me from either side be damned.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Rainbow Six Vegas 2: I've been banned simply for going into people's games (I'm a level 17ish Elite; there are a lot of players who hate Elites) and I've been banned plenty of times for "not dying" in Terrorist Hunt; I take it slow and methodical and when the host gets himself killed in the first minute, its apparently unbearable, even though he's still getting points and I can win the round (got kicked on Villa with only one terrorist left and I was going to get him). I once got kicked for teamkilling the host right after he teamkilled me and laughed about it with his friends.

Other than that, I've only been banned from BF2 servers by punkbuster for... no idea. Often it was ping-related, but sometimes it wouldn't give me a reason.

My friend on the otherhand gets banned or accused of hacking practically every time he picks up a Battlefield or Call of Duty game and plays them online; he has very good eyesight, a very large screen and a powerful graphics card; all of this is coupled with an excellent internet connection, allowing him to snipe people at ridiculous distances (did I mention he is also a very good judge of distance making bullet drop a moot point). Watching him slaughter a team with an SVD on Battelfield 3's Metro is hilarious, especially when he's using a red-dot sight at the ranges other people are using the x7 scope.

JustOrdinary

Mar 13, 2011
Back when Heroes of Newerth was still in early Beta, I got banned from several hosts for 'denying' and 'playing too well as a beginner'. There wasn't a matchmaking system back then so games were largely imbalanced in terms of skill. And since HoN was pretty much an exact clone of DotA, a game I'd played for approximately 5 years, I was pretty much dominating every game I played. Needless to say, people weren't very happy to have me in their games, and I moved on to a different game.

Edit: I should probably mention that these servers were custom games and labelled as 'PROS ONLY'. I deliberately avoided the other servers for a challenge.

BaronOfStuff

Sep 12, 2011
A few years back, a couple of Skulltag servers kicked/banned me for winning. They accused me of using wallhacks and aimbots, when I was only really using... a rocket launcher.

This wouldn't have bothered me so much if there were other PvP servers that weren't all Capture The fucking Flag or some shitty mod with all the balance of a one-legged donkey, but as usual nobody wanted to play a vanilla-style Deathmatch. Or even co-op. They were too wrapped up in playing the latest shitty edition of whatever gimmick was 'flavour of the month'.

RAGE OCCURRED.

pwned123456

Feb 4, 2011
Yoshemo said:
In Half Life Deathmatch, I topped the scoreboard, ahead of the 2nd place player by about 15 kills. I was kicked and then banned with this notice:
oh my god that is the only awesome you have been kicked message ever

more to the point once when i was playing age of empires 3 right after i got obsessed with it (only for about 2 months) i started to figure out tactics that i was better at using and i was playing against someguys with no idea what they were doing (2 V. 2) and even my teamate thought i was cheating so they kicked me

Borntolose

Aug 18, 2008
Well, in a way. I once went with my friend to some Fighting Game tournament. I myself didn't participate, because I haven't a clue how to play Dragon Ball Z well, but there was another PS2 off to the side running another version of the game for non-participants. I got in line and when my turn to play came, I beat everyone who came against me. Finally, someone who actually knew how to play arrived to try and put me in my place. I beat him as well. Then everyone else in line agreed that it wasn't fair that I was always winning and decided to give this guy another chance against me. The second time I lost...

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
When you said "Stuck in their spawn", I lost all sympathy. It's unwritten rule numero uno on the servers I used to frequent that if the opposing team can't even get to the battle field, the teamstack is too high, and the Admin will start throwing punishments.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Yep, whiny admins approach is if you don't suck you must be hacking.
I love our clan server, whine=kick, spam=ban, being a dick=ban.

SuperSamio64

Nov 4, 2010
Got kicked for shooting through walls in Resistance: Retribution. Except I had the Auger. Shooting through walls is what it does. ¬¬

pegi989

May 27, 2011
yes that did happen i was kicking ass with tf2 and i got kicked and i cannot get back in to that server even to this day

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Amazingly, yes. Way back in the days of good ole Counter-strike, I was on a server playing cs_italy. I was a counter-terrorist and I was having a great game. I think they were already annoyed at me for kicking their asses, but in any case, I got down to a 1 on 1. The enemy was nowhere to be seen, and I had all the hostages. I'm walking back from the main courtyard and I still have my regular grenade. A popular hiding place was of course, behind the boxes, so I threw the grenade back there. Well, it blew him up, and he decided I was wall-hacking and I got booted. I was amused, though I never went back to that server.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
J.J said:
Best one I've received that I can remember: "You were spamming combos".
That's a good one, not heard that before. What exactly did they expect you to do, spam normal attacks? Give them a tea break between each combo?

I'm usually not that good to earn a ban but when I do do really well I'm a good winner, just don't laugh at them, don't give patronising advice and don't start trolling and they'll stick to it.

megajon

Apr 6, 2010
I've been kicked from a game soldier front for being too good they all complained i was wall hacking and could see, shoot through wall and had an aimbott on but all i really did was listen for for there foot steps or them jumping then quick scope them, they didn't quite understand how i could do so well in close range with my sniper against there machine guns then when they sniped couldn't figure out why i was better.