Ever been banned for kicking too much ass?

Lug100

Sep 2, 2011
WaffleCopters said:
Keepeas said:
Yes.
COD4
PunkBuster kicked me because it thought I was hacking...
I wasn't hacking...it just thought I was because I was doing so well it was considered inhuman(Godly).
25-0 kill streak in under 30 seconds. Nearly every shot was a head shot.(hit, not fired)
P90 was my weapon of choice, with which I unloaded a magazine and then swithed to the Desert Eagle.
It was glorious...that is until I was kicked...then it turned into a completely different glorious moment.
punkbuster detects script alterations, not godly kill streaks. you woulda had something running in the background for it to kick you like you say. either that or the admin kicked you claiming to be punk buster somehow.
Nope punkbuster can kick for lots of reasons, ive personaly been banned from MW1 for thinks like clicking the mouse to quickly with semi-auto's (No i was NOT using an auto-clicker, im just damn fast) and for things like above when i was doing too good, like getting an 89 kill streak... Also i didnt in all cases have anything in the background apart from basic OS functions, as i like to have all my computer resources behind me when i game...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Joined a CoD4 server, saw 3 three people standing in a row, killed them all, and the rest of the server was all "OMG BAN THAT NOOB OMG".
Then I got kicked.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
More times than I can count in CS and CS:Source and CoD4:MW. It gets sickening after a while and I just start to ask myself what kind of stupid hacks get admin on servers.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
Yes, more than once and mostly in Counter Strike Source although I was so good with the sniper rifle in the first UT I always got accused of aimbotting.

Anyway, the most memorable ban was on the =USA= (United States of Albania) server. Oddly enough it was located in the UK :p. It was an cs_office 24/7 server and one of my favorites until one day I HS the server owner himself at the beginning of the round in mid run, perma-banned from the server and forums. He was such an asshole.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I got banned and shouted at for knifing more than people thought was appropriate in a Gun Game in Nuketown, in Modern Warfare. It was a tight map with lots of people hiding around corners and such, and my immediate reaction was "AHH! KNIFEKNIFEKNIFE!"

Eventually I got kicked because I made it to top of the table because I knifed so often that everyone was still trying to get a better shotgun and I had just moved onto machine-guns, about a minute after the match had started.

Lots of angry messages...

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
I've been banned from one of the only remaning decent cod4 servers which was a sad day for me

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
RelexCryo said:
I loved Shojo, but by the time I got into it, most of the servers were largely empty. It was a fairly good game.
I never finished the single player. I probably should. But I probably won't. To this day though I still have fond memories of it and I find myself occasionally singing a half remembered and fragmented version of the theme song. Those opening synth trumpets were darned catchy.

"I know we can dooooo eeeeet tooooooooogedthaaahhhhhhhhh."

MetalMagpie said:
This has got to be one of the most peacock-preening threads I have seen in a long time. ;)
Ah, we all have our good days and our bad days. :)

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
I was on BC2 Squad Deathmatch, fight to 50 and all that jazz.

It was just me in my squad with an Abakan, Lightweight, Magnum ammo and an M1911.
For 4 consecutive rounds I won, just on my own, against 3 other full squads.

I was banned, and banned hard.

I reckon that was my last good day on BC2, cos since then, I've played like shit!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Tsaba said:
I'm sorry, but, you sold your self out on this one, you went into a server, you do this often, and apparently the admin and probably a few others have an issue with it. They kicked you and you just didn't take the hint and got banned. I'm sure if you contacted the admin instead of coming on hear and gloat and whine [small](would you like cheese with that?)[/small] about how the admin was childish and banned you, you would probably hear what I'm telling you right now.
I'd have to take an issue with this. Most admins will outright refuse to give you a reason and will just ban you then put you on the ignore list if you ask why.

However: OP! Stuck in their spawn? Doesn't sound like you were kicking to much ass. Sounds like you were spawnkilling which is universally considered a dick move.

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
On TF2, I was a sniper, repeatedly killing an enemy sniper and ended up dominating them, and it was then I found out they were an admin, and I got kicked, and was sent a rather charming message from the guy.

Not quite kicking ass, just dominating a crap sniper. Wasn't too bothered either, I just thought it was funny that the admin reacted that way.

Zcoper

Mar 31, 2009
Some years back, 2003/04, when I was playing Call of Duty (the original) with my two brothers. We played on the same server all the time (some clan-server) and we were always number 1, 2 and 3 on the scores. They could see that we played together, because we had some [] tag of some sort. Quick side note: This is probably the only FPS I've ever been truly good at, playing, mostly as a sniper, with something around 50 kills per death or something. So one day after a couple of weeks playing on the server, one of the clan members suddenly wrote, while we were playing, that we were disturbing the servers quality and their overall experience with the game we cheated (which we did not), and then we were kicked and could not log back in on the server again.

Christopher Dudgeon

Mar 24, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Im not allowed to play paintball at a certain paintball arena anymore because i was "too good and too intense" for the other players.

but in games... actually yeah. Im not a lowed to play one of the arcade games anymore at the mall where you stack blocks up and if you do it right you get really good prices (good watches, PSPs, etc) because i got so good at it. so Im part of maybe a handful of people.
A Bit like this then?

<youtube=h1yuhBtdHL0>

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Closest I've come to that is just being told to "Go play the lottery" because I was so lucky reflecting a Soldier's rockets back at his Medic.
That was a special day for me, I'd never been raged at for being too good.
And probably never will be again...

I know my friend sometimes has to take it easy when he's playing CoD4 online in case people call hax and kick him out. Guess that's what being interested in all things professional gaming does to ya.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Actually, only yesterday I was banned for being better. I was playing Dungeon Defenders, and playing as an Apprentice I blocked off half the map, and therefore killed 50% of the monsters. Now this guy, a squire, the class that usually ends up killing the most, jumped inside my half of the map and started to basically steal my kills. So I thought, that's not very fair, so I jumped in too and killed twice as many monsters as he did. He then accused me of kill stealing and kicked me.

Stuntcrab

Apr 2, 2010
Almost banned from a tf2 server because I was unstoppable with the machina, the people who I constantly headshotted tried to boot me from the server.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
i play on the Xbox so i cant really get banned. But i have had my share of angry messages (mostly from BFBC2) with two examples jumping to mind.

1- i was on the loosing team on a "conquest" map and the enemy had surround our spawn base with snipers so we couldnt get out. eventually i managed to get out and capture another spawn point, i then managed to hold it from the wave of enemies trying to get it back before my team could spawn there. I then got some angry messages from the enemy team as the shotgun i was using was "overpowed" (it was the SPAZ-12)

2- in a rush game on oasis, me and a friend (who wasnt using that broken "fly in a circle" trick) were in the attack chopper and killing everything as we were comunicating well and we had a friend on the ground marking targets for us (yay teamwork). According to the messages we got apparently teamwork isnt allowed on the xbox

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Yeah I've been doing well and then accussed of hacking because of it then subsequently kicked and banned, I wouldn't even know where to start hacking.