Ever been in love?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
101194 said:
First off, Asexual doesn't mean what you think it means, It means the ability to reproduce with ones self. And only Certain Organisms can do that, Not humans.
I see other people have beaten me to it, but I should probably respond anyway.

No, I'm not wrong. I'm not taking about asexual reproduction. I'm talking about asexuality as a sexual orientation, like heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality (or, if you wanted to get really specific, androsexuality and gynosexuality).

And by "love being stronger then the mind" I mean the Urge to love is stronger then the Urge to be logical, Prioritizing.
I suspect more than biology enters into that, personally.

cloudywolf13

Jul 6, 2009
No. But even so I have strong opinions on the subject. For one, I don't think it's possible to have been in love. I just don't think real love is something that can become past tense.

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
oh yes i have
I freaking love Carmen Electra

oh you mean the real kind... well
sort of...
if you talk to a girl over the years you eventually find an attraction to that same girl that you didn't know existed and only discover once you have moved away...

damn thats depressing
i'm gonna go look at pics of carmen electra now

Nov 11, 2008
Wolfenhawk said:
101194 said:
NeutralDrow said:
What do you mean Asexuals? Like people?
Yes. People who don't find themselves sexually attracted to anyone. They do exist, you know.

Trick still seems the wrong word. And love being stronger than the mind has it's own problems...
First off, Asexual doesn't mean what you think it means, It means the ability to reproduce with ones self. And only Certain Organisms can do that, Not humans.
And by "love being stronger then the mind" I mean the Urge to love is stronger then the Urge to be logical, Prioritizing.
http://www.asexuality.org/home/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality[/quote]

He said Asexuals, Not Asexuality, Or else you'd be right, But sadly your not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexual_reproduction

Cheezdood

Mar 13, 2009
At 15, I don't think I'm gonna engage in a relationship for another 4-5 years or so.

I think there is definitely a difference in people's perceptions of love though.

First, I think love is the emotional cling you feel to another human being. It does not have to be a spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. You simply care about this person in the deepest sense possible. Not by how they act or look. But, because you care for their well-being for an odd or unknown reason. If you truly love someone, you would literally take a bullet for them. If you don't think you would, imo, I don't think that is true love.

-Likability
-Sexual Atrraction/Lust
-Pure Partnership (afraid of abandonment)

All of these can be mistaken for love.

101194 said:
If you mean have I experianced Chemical reactions in my brain to trick myself into a feeling of Compatablitiy with someone only because of the strong need to Reproduce then Yes, I have.
Love is an immaterial object. We all know it exists. You cannot discover love. You cannot define it. You can only say your opinion about it. Because your or my opinion of love might be corrupt, isn't enough of an argument to say it doesn't exist.

ilion

Aug 20, 2009
They had faces open to whoever passed.
They had legends and myths
and a chill in the heart.
They had gardens where the moon strolled
hand in hand with the water.
They had an angel of stone for a brother.

They had like everyone
the miracle of every day
dripping from the roofs;
and golden eyes
glowing with a wilderness of dreams.

They were hungry and thirsty like animals,
and there was silence
around their steps.
But at every gesture they made,
a bird was born from their fingers
and, dazzled, vanished into space.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
I thought I was. There was a girl in highschool, yada yada, you all know the rest. We were friends for about three years, but I was infatuated beyond reason. Though, she recently dropped the bomb and severed our friendship, because too much damage came to the both of us.

I've since recovered (slightly...), and I'm no longer uncomfortable in her presence.

Nibsy

Sep 11, 2009
vampirekid.13 said:
yes i have been in love. i still am. i really love the person. she really hates me. kinda hurts knowing that i would still give my life for her while she wont even say hi to me. :(
Thank god there's someone out there in the same position as me.
*manhugs*

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
101194 said:
What do you mean Asexuals? Like people? Humans can't reproduce Asexually, It's physically impossible, Plus Asexualism isn't love and thats just plain and simple, Most emotions you experiance are there to keep you alive or to help you reproduce. By "Trick" I ment Chemicals Interfering with your logic Processing. Sometimes Love is Stronger then the Mind.
There are asexual people who still engage in romantic relationships. They feel all those cuddly warm feelings like lovers do but they lack any interests or emotions towards actually having sex (even with their partner).

So you can very much be in love with someone and still be asexual, regardless of what your opinions are about it...

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
If there isn't an achievement for it, I don't see the point.

[small] kidding... [/small]

Yeah, I was once. Back when I was slightly younger and stupid. Now I know not to make such a big deal out of it if I get shot down [again].

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Wolfenhawk said:
Kajin said:
I thought I was in love once, but then I remembered my species reproduces with a cloud of spores.
You must have my ba- damn... the spores have foiled me once again from time with a fellow lover of Futurama!
Haha, sux2bu! I'm really quite the catch XD

>.<
Or atleast I would be if I didn't use phrases like sux2bu.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
Yes, and it's a ***** cause the girl in question thinks I wouldn't and don't thanks to the mess that she is in. She doesn't believe that someone could love someone as damaged as her. It sucks.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
As for myself. Yes, I have been in love, but only once. We actually made a relationship out of it that lasted for two years.

Sadly, I lived by the values and morals she and I agreed about. She just pretended she could live by them but eventually changed for the worse.

The funny thing is that I was so goddamned sure I would never fall in love until I met her. It's nice to be proven wrong sometimes...