ever been so lucky (or I suppose good) that you've been accused of cheating online

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
once, on tf2 i was playing medic and i saw the buff banner ringy thing around the cloaked spy. it might have been a bug but i still killed he ass with the blutsauger.

he didn't really accuse me of cheating tho, he just asked if i was.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
When I first got my 360 and my brand spanking new xbox live connection, I figured I would try Halo 2 online('cause the system didn't have any good games on it at the time). The very first map I was in, there were people literally flying all across the map, and throwing swords. I thought that was a bit ridiculous, but I kept playing and did okay. The next map I wound up on was an indoor area, so I was sneaking around with a shotgun mostly getting assassinations. So everyone started accusing me of hacking because I was good at sneaking up on people.

That was both the first, and last time I ever played Halo 2 online.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
I'm not sure if he was banned. but my friend and I were playing black ops and he was sniping. He got first blood and final kill, and every kill he got was a headshot

Mr_Universal

Jun 29, 2009
Sure, happens all the time. but those are just players who cant handle the fact that you are better than them. ignore them/ thank them, being called a hacker without actually hacking is a good comment on your gameplay.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
On Modern Warfare 2 I was on Hardcore Team Deathmatch with a TAR21 with FMJ's and stopping power (little unnecessary but fun, and caused the accusation). I kept getting random double kills when I could only see one person much to my confusion, but a pleasant surprise for me each time this happened

Turned out the second kills were repeatedly the same guy, as he spawned and through a wall behind the guy I was shooting at. He was not happy about being spawn killed through walls even though it wasn't him I was shooting at and it was bad luck for him and his spawn points. I found out it was constantly him giving me double kills from the abusive messages he sent me.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
In Resistance 2 MP, I remember a time that I sniped a guy so many times in the head (literally, I'd see the guy and just blow is head off with the sniper in like 1 second, best game of my life) that he messaged me that he reported me for using aimbot. I was so proud of myself

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Well... In minecraft I fell off am massive cliff from the sky to bedrock. And since i was moving so fast, the server kicked me of Fly-hacking....... wow....

Oh, and in on time in TF2, i took down 3 heavys in the same room, as a scout. Then one of them started raging into the mic "OHMAIGODS U HACKS!"... twas funny =D

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
Happens to me just about twice a day whenever I play Red Dead Redemption multiplayer... mostly normal gang matches...

Usually get accused of using an aim-bot or using some invinsiblity glitch...

Recently had someone complain, "Its humanly impossible to shoot someone in the head that fast, he's using an aimbot!!! Vote to kick, vote to kick!!!"

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
Once got a double kill o MW2 and they thought I was hacking because they were 10th prestige and I wasn't.

It was only a double kill for crying out loud!

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
About every time I play on Combat arms. Of course, hacks are rampant as hell, but I don't hack. I just have intuition and a little thinking.

Oh, and predictable people make my life easy :D

Mar 30, 2010
Marmooset said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Yep. And it was definitely more luck than skill.

I was playing MW2 ages ago on Hardcore Team Deathmatch and was on 23 kills for 0 deaths. Then one of my teammates shot me in the head because they thought I was nuke-boosting. To be fair, if the positions had been reversed I would have made the same call.
Wait - you relate a story where you were considered good, and you admit it was primarily luck? Are you sure you're posting in the right forums? You sound too grown up.

OP: I suck against real people, but the AI often accuses me of cheating.
Heh heh. I know what you mean, if some people around here are to be believed online lobbies would only contain people with 4:1 K/D spreads.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
In modern warfare 2. ahh good times. call me cheap or whatever but all i needed was any silenced smg (except vector it's just to weak) marathon coldblooded and commando with a tac knife magnum and...well lets say I've single handedly saved games i enter that are half over. I was so confident I would switch to my pistol and 99.9% of the time I would get a game winning kill and don't even get me started on free for all. I've been accused of speed-hacking, hacking so my knife lunges had even longer range, and knowing where people are without having a UAV up. But in black ops *shudders* i don't know what im doing wrong...

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
A couple of times.. Most recently in Halo Reach Grifball. I was accused of using a lagswitch because i had connection problems and for some reason got to spawn half a second before everyone else giving me the advantage to get the ball

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Galite said:
Fairly often when I used to play Combat arms because I could pretty well snipe with any rifle with a scope. If I remember correctly (it's been about three years) the bullets would drop at a certain distance and you just had to figure out the drop. Although to be fair there were a ton of hackers on that game.
You may not of heard of it but I was called a hacker often back when I played WarRock. A Korean FPS. The maps were big enough to have jets and the bullets oh yes. They dropped.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
A few times in Halo PC. I have a tendency to get all headshots, which is a 3 hit kill with the OP Pistol. It's gotten me kicked from a few servers.