Ever bought a game you never heard of and end up with a new favourite game

blackfrancis567

Oct 18, 2008
I remember going down to my local music shop which had the odd game or 2 lying around I went down hoping to get I think it was a spider man game and I seen Half Life for Ps2 this was before I got a PC so I decided what the hell and to this day its one of my favourite games so has this ever happened to you?

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Snowboard Kids for the n64. That is all.

Please let there be someone else who loves it as much as me.

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
alien hominid picked it up in a blockbuster clearence box i still love that game to this day

Imbrium

Jul 2, 2008
Resident Evil 5.
Never played a Resi game before (yeah I know, burn me etc.) and ended up really loving it after a friend bought me it out of the blue. Played co-op with him for hours on it.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Condemned 2: Bloodshot. Never pllayed the original (or heard of it). Bought it for 9.99 on clearance and LOVED it. One of my favorite games. I hear the original is even better.

It got a little ....different.... towards the end, but still very satisfying and playable.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
StarFox for the SNES. Just bought it used based on the cartridge art....I didn't realize it was one of the best SNES games of all time.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Imbrium said:
Resident Evil 5.
Never played a Resi game before (yeah I know, burn me etc.) and ended up really loving it after a friend bought me it out of the blue. Played co-op with him for hours on it.
If you've got a Wii I HIGHLY recommend Res Evil 4 Wii Edition. IMHO, the control scheme does AMAZING things for that game.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Okay. People will frown when they read this, but I got Atlantis: Lost Tales back in the late nineties for PC. It was a point & click adventure about the mythical island, Atlantis.

And it was actually quite enjoyable, I loved the story, the music and the entire setting.

I also never heard of Discworld 2 at the time I got it (around the same time as Atlantis or a bit later). That game also kicks ass.

blackfrancis567

Oct 18, 2008
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Yeah Saint's Row 2 :D That game is FUCKING AWESOME! Seriously I had so much fun with it I was thinking it was illegal. I'm at 93% and have played for 40 hours! The variety, colour, humour is fantastic! I loved every second of it and is now on my top five of 5 games of all time :D I strongly recommend SR2 to anyone who's looking for a game that's FUN. Remember fun? Ah yeah SR2 ftw!
epic game I usually never bother with side missions but spraying turd on people come on if that's not entertaining what is?

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Not favourite game any more, but back then, the answer to the thread title would be: Yes, and it was Deus Ex.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Skies of Arcadia: Legends definitely falls into that category. I bought it at Gamestop back in the olden days when I didn't know what a JRPG was, and it enthralled me.

Mask Gibson

Sep 22, 2009
I picked up Dues Ex for 8 dollars from a small video store with a lousy selection I only ever rented from once. Phenomenal game and I don't even like FPSes.

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Yeah Saint's Row 2 :D That game is FUCKING AWESOME! Seriously I had so much fun with it I was thinking it was illegal. I'm at 93% and have played for 40 hours! The variety, colour, humour is fantastic! I loved every second of it and is now on my top five of 5 games of all time :D I strongly recommend SR2 to anyone who's looking for a game that's FUN. Remember fun? Ah yeah SR2 ftw!
took the words right out of my esophagous.

blackfrancis567

Oct 18, 2008
Foggy_Fishburne said:
blackfrancis567 said:
Foggy_Fishburne said:
epic game I usually never bother with side missions but spraying turd on people come on if that's not entertaining what is?
Fucking awesome :D Oh and come on, you have to admit that the insurance fraud side mission is hilarious. Seing your ragdoll flying through the air, bumping your way along the freeway on cars, getting squashed by a mega truck, aaah! First time I actually understood the point of the mission, I was laughing. Laughing! When was the last time I laughed at a game? So often today games feel that they have to be serious. A shame really, since I love to laugh :D
I spent a majority of them missions flying through the air then hitting another car and flying again priceless