Ever break your character's "morality code?"

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
Well in Fallout 2 I really wish I broke my code and fucking murdered Hakunin. The first time I got one of those visions I almost shit myself. Creepy looking bastard.

I was very happy when the Enclave killed him. Seeing his broken body sprawled upon the chat box was one of the most delightful things I've ever seen.

But I digress. The only times I've broken my code (Good Karma) was killing that ***** First Citizen Lynette in Fallout 2 and when I killed a dozen NCR Veteran Rangers in F:NV for that armor and those sexy weapons.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Fallout 3

I play a "I am the best man in the entire wasteland" sort of character. For me to do a bad deed, It is like the world is turned upside down that day.

I was about level 7, I had no money, and I was running particularly low on Ammo and weapons with good conditioning. So, I walked outside of Megaton and went to talk to the carvanieer. He sold weapons... and lots of them.
So, sense around 50 caps was good for nothing, I decided to get out my assault rifle, with its 40 or so remaining bullets, and My 10mm pistol, with it's 50 or so bullets, and killed him and his bodyguard. I recived over 500 caps for just his stocks of rockets. This equipment set me until level 10... but I have felt bad for him and his companion ever sense... sometimes I still see that pack brahmin wondering the wastes...

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Theron Julius said:
Well in Fallout 2 I really wish I broke my code and fucking murdered Hakunin. The first time I got one of those visions I almost shit myself. Creepy looking bastard.
DON'T REMIND ME OF HIM! YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE ME NIGHTMARES!

I'm just wandering along the wastes on the map screen, it brakes like I quit the game, AND HIS CREEPY ASS FACE HAUNTS MY FUCKING DREAMS!
That was literally the first time I was PARALIZED BY FEAR!

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Just Mass Effect. I'm doing a Renegade walkthrough, and while I totally hate my characters attitude, some Renegade actions in Mass Effect 2 seem too sweet to pass up.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
My morality code is basically "meh whatevs" Any chance to forgive people i'll usually take, this once led to me annoyingly wtfing at Alistair from DA:O at one specific late game plot point.

Though i did go on a major vengence spree against Benny from Fallout NV just because we worked out a perfectly good deal and the dick decides to send a fucking SWAT team at me and then run away like the manwhore he is!

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
I slept with Benny.
The Black Widow options were just too good to pass up, okay

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sux2bu said:
Fallout: new Vegas.
I was clearing the lower corridors of a science research building of some sort when i was tasked with getting a friendly goul out of his hidey-room. after trying to talk him out if it for a while I decided to clear the problem all together by turning him into a pile of steamy goo with my plasma rifle.

I usually have high karma but he was to much.
I origianlly helped him, finding his freind was a real pain and you had t cross the super mutants

my saves corrupted so I was like "fuck it" and killed mr goul, I didnt want to kill the super mutants anyway

for Fallout3 my charachter was whiter than white which I felt suited the story, excpet the Pitt was a real pain, good intentions or not I wasnt going to kill a bunch of slaves even if it ment killing a baby, end of story

for Fallout NV Im still whiter than white (kinda) But I enjoyed being a jerk now and again

such as staring at a nightkin and m-m-m-making f-fun of-f-f t-t-t-en of sp-sp-spades stutter oh and killing a few people and other big choices ive made

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
um i usually just do what i want so if i did something i didn't want then i would be breaking character

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
ThatDaveDude1 said:
I killed a dude once in Arkham Asylum. It felt horrible.

That day, I most certainly was NOT the goddamn Batman...
how'd you do that, throw him off a cliff?

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Theron Julius said:
DON'T REMIND ME OF HIM! YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE ME NIGHTMARES!

I'm just wandering along the wastes on the map screen, it brakes like I quit the game, AND HIS CREEPY ASS FACE HAUNTS MY FUCKING DREAMS!
That was literally the first time I was PARALIZED BY FEAR!
Does killing him actually remove the visions? I really hope it does. I'm going to murder him on ever subsequent play through if it does. Fuck my code. He deserves to die for being so creepy...

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I'm always a good guy in the two series I play that have morality choices, but........

Mass Effect: I'm paragon untill people threaten me or are racist to characters I like. Then they die right quick. That renegade interrupt in Miranda's loyalty for instance with the neck snap; fuck that guy. Or the Volus and C-sec at the citadel; fuck them too, even if it was a paragon interrupt it still felt good and I did insult the Volus after he was all racist.

Fallout: People insult me and they die. GOD DAMN YOU LITTLE LAMPLIGHT, MAKING ME DOWNLOAD CHILD KILLING MODS!

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
I did somewhat do that in Fallout 3. I went for the mediated way in the Tenpenny tower quest. I went in the basement after, and what I saw made me kill every single person in there. I was trying to be a good person.

ThatDaveDude1

Feb 7, 2011
godfist88 said:
ThatDaveDude1 said:
I killed a dude once in Arkham Asylum. It felt horrible.

That day, I most certainly was NOT the goddamn Batman...
how'd you do that, throw him off a cliff?
Into a Bottomless pit. It was explicitly stated in both cutscenes as well as gameplay that the fall would result in death.