ever cried about the ending of a anime?

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
thebobmaster said:
Cowbow Bebop came close to doing so, as did Death Note, both the "should have been" ending, and the actual ending. But actually crying? Only time an anime has done that was an episode near the end, but not actually at the end, of Trigun. Fans know which one.

Yes, I realize Light was, in fact, evil. But damn it, he deserved better than to be taken down by Near! Also, it was pretty depressing, seeing him run through the docks with the flashbacks of earlier points in the series.
Yeah I agree with death note that was sad, you know if you watch that series with the new viewpoint of: 'Light isn't evil, but is corrupted by some force in the death note', it casts a whole new slant on things.
(the characters even mention this is the case, though it's implied this is a lie... but what if it wasn't? seriously try it.)

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
been a number...

Gunbuster: Welcome Home. Thats all I'll say.

Giant Robo: Albertto's final speech... the message from Von Volger after genya and Ginrei meet, all pile on for a complte tragendy

Magic Knight Rayearth: The first story arc. ow ow ow.... one of the nastiest and most affecting plot twists you'll see.

Rumbling Hearts: Ok, based on a dating sim, but this one will put you through an emotional wringer.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Radoh said:
Code Geass, every time I watch it. I have never been able to get through the final season without crying my eyes out.
Not quite this bad but this. Always brings a few tears to my eyes.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
henritje said:
I recently finished Gunbuster and the ending just moved me (I,m not going to spoil it you,re going to need it for yourself if you watched Diebuster the only thing I,m going to tell you is that it the end scene is a tie-in to it)
I watched some other anime,s like Angel Beats, Gundam 0080 and Evangelion and neither of them evoked any kind of emotion from me.
;_; welcome home

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
gcninja said:
Cowboy Bebop
Gurren Lagann
YES, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Edit: Also, this isn't at the end of an Anime.. but the funeral scene in FMA brotherhood.

YOU NO THE ONE!

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Blizzarded Soul said:
Elfen Lied, hands down the only anime to make me cry. Absolutely love it, although the cliffhanger ending is just rage inducing.
Mothafucka took the words right outta my mouth

pyramid head grape

[Game-Over]
Feb 4, 2011
Gurren Lagann, not really a sad ending but for some reason I cried one single tear.

one piece, quite a few parts.

To be honest clanned very nearly got me.

TJF588

Jan 29, 2009
Don't think so. Okay, when I was a kid, I prolly got misty and/or held back when Ash got stone'd in the first Pokémon movie (or, precisely, after), and maybe in other instances I can't rightly remember. Lately, though, nah. I have gotten bummed when I got to the end of a few things, but that's more of separation issues (wah?!).

Maybe I should go back into everything, get wrapped up in 'em, and see if it becomes a strain to keep my eyelids in their right positions.

Les Awesome

Mar 29, 2010
when half the team in the sasuke revival died in naruto

funnily enough i was really pissed off when they in-explicitly came back to life

rayen020

May 20, 2009
there are plenty of animes that have made me cry (FMA, clannad, vandread) made never had an ending make me cry... I dunno I haven't seen alot of anime endings, the ones i have seen though tend be good ones with very few dangling plot threads. Except cowboy bebop which was suppose to end on a dangling plot thread.

Also FMA endings (anime/movie)I hate. i like the idea of a parallel universe with alchemy. I don't like Ed and/or Al (spoiler alert) being stuck in it. Both endings never really satisfied me. Sure they closed loose plot threads and were awesome.

*note the following is a really petty reason to not like FMA endings
But the ENTIRE anime hinted at Ed/Winry, A pairing i actually really really liked and then winry (also my favorite character) gets the shaft. Also Al having no memory kinda negates the value of the soul. anyway didn't like it...

*blink blink*
uhhh...oops...getting back on topic... No, No anime ending has ever made me cry...

Pojo-san

Sep 21, 2010
I would have to say two animes make me sad every time.

The first would be Elfen Lied. I absolutely love the show. It tells a very good story about discrimination, and how cruel humans can really be, seeking forgiveness, and finding acceptance for who you are. It's a short but sweet story and the ending made me sad because of a cliffhanger, and even the story itself is very sad. I have found that people who can not watch the first ten minutes of the show will not like the rest of it. If you look behind the adult content you will find a gem. This story is very underrated in my opinion. Too bad the manga will not be released in the US.

The second is Trigun. Trigun has very likable characters and quite realistic. You can not but help relate to them in some way. If you can't do that you have a character in the show that reminds you of someone you know in real life. Even during the show some episodes were pretty sad and if not sad quite emotional. When the show ended, it felt like I was saying good-bye to people I have known in real life. I did not exactly cry, but I did feel some tugging heart strings.

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
im sorry but if you cry over a cartoon, you might be a bit too sensitive, my cousin just killed himself and i didnt cry, so i doubt any Anime will make me cry

hate me if you want, but if people say you shouldn't get mad at a game, you shouldnt get upset over an Anime

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
As someone who enjoyed the Chrono Crusade anime, the last episode (that damned clock's infernal ticking) did me in pretty hard. I also couldn't work out if Father Remington was lying when he told the Mother Superior that Rosette wasn't condemned to Hell for making a deal with a demon.

I also think I cried at the end of Onegai Sensei, fanservice aside the episode where it looks like Kei doesn't remember Mizuho was really sad. Moves to happy tears when the reveal (which you can see a mile away) occurs and Kotoko's 'Love a Riddle' is played as the end song.

larysalove

Apr 15, 2011
I cry at pretty much the end of any series, whether it be happy or sad, because its, like, the end of an era. I also cry in the middle of things when main characters I like pass away. I guess I'm just predictable at that.

Sometimes I cry at movies too. And books make me cry all the time.

I chalk it up to girl genes.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
i've never cried watching anything on tv. dont know why.
BUT the end of angel beats had me going "awwwww cute" and in death note there were quite a few "NOOOOOOOO" moments :)

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Master Steeds said:
im sorry but if you cry over a cartoon, you might be a bit too sensitive, my cousin just killed himself and i didnt cry, so i doubt any Anime will make me cry
I think that's one of the saddest things I've ever read.

Of course no mere form of media will ever have the same impact as a loved one or relative losing their life, no matter the means. This thread isn't here to invalidate any of that, we're just sharing emotional responses to some of our favourite media.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry that happened to you.