Ever failed first level?

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
jubosu said:
Second sight
Got stuck in the hospital.
And for that matter when you had to get the screaming ***** to follow you.
Indeed, I remember the hospital fondly. And by fondly, I mean "How the fuck am I supposed to not die when I'm one man, unarmed, with like 30 guys shooting at me!?"

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
Touou. When I first got Scarlet Weather Rhapsody I thought to myself "Manly men start off on hard!" I was not acquainted with what the Japanese considered hard translates as OMGWTFBBQ. Losing within 10 seconds of the level starting as suddenly hundreds little bullets stream towards you is great fun.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Ninja Gaiden. I'm pretty sure that's the only game where I actually had trouble beating the first level. Got killed by the boss like... 10 times.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
I had a game (can't remember the title, it was on tape) for a C64 once where you rode as a cowboy besides a train for a while, and then your horse collapsed. Apparently you had to jump from your horse onto the train, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how. So I never got further than that first level.

Might actually look it up now...

icaritos

Apr 15, 2009
CoverYourHead said:
Ninja Gaiden. The first boss in that game is similar to having a person coming over and kicking you in the nuts screaming "This game is serious business! Now, pay attention! No button mashing is allowed! Blocking will not be accepted! You cannot dodge this attack! You are doomed! Nothing and no one can help you now!".
You destroyed 2 years worth of therapy, its all resurfacing!!

A Random Reader

Nov 18, 2009
Yup, Dieing on the first level is common in Spelunky, just check with the other nine-hundred times I've died on that game.(it only has SIXTEEN LEVELS! [/rage]

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
Myst. I don't think I managed to do anything but walk around the first 3 areas and think to myself 'this is a video game?'

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
This thread got me thinking about a game I haven't thought about in a long time. I used to have a really old game for the Sega Game Gear: Taz-Mania - The Search for the Lost Seabirds. I swear, I think it took me no less than 4 years to get past the first level. But I got it when I was like 5, so yeah. I don't think I ever beat it, either. I remember getting close, but I don't remember ever beating it. I may have to dust off the old game gear and start playing again.

jultub

Jan 18, 2010
I wanna be the guy, I tried to go the wrong way (it was an elaborate but impossible to pass dead end with several traps on the way), I tried until some guy pointed out to me that going the exactly opposite direction is the only way to get further into the game.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
I couldn't get past the tutorial of Assassin's Creed. I was being asked to 'push my way slowly through a crowd'. What the fuck? That's not a game. That's me making my way to Gregg's to buy a pastie during a busy lunchtime.

Back to Blockbuster it went.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
spacecowboy86 said:
For me the one that comes to mind was the fellowship of the ring for ps2. I was young when i got it and couldn't get past a part right after the intro where you had to sneak past ringwraiths for weeks, probably even months.
I remember being stuck on that exact part too. Only back then i didn't have the internet, so i never got to see past that point xD

I'd say Okami has a very confusing first few hours too. I'd completed the game twice but still had to look at a walkthrough because i couldn't remember what i had to do.
It's a great game if you have the patience for it.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds (1993). I never, ever got past the basement of the Castle, I kept getting killed by rats, or running in fear from them. But then again, I must've been about nine, and I've always been a bit of a scaredycat... :)

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
The time you fight the giant of Rhodes at the area with 2 platforms in first lvl on Titan (very hard) mode it is:p