Ever feel sorry for the enemies you've killed in a game?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Nope, it's just a game and they are just pixels.

I've found that if you use a magic button called "save" before you kill everyone within a 10 mile radius. If that makes you feel bad then hit another magic button called "load" and everyone is alive again ..... it's a miracle.

mirasiel

Jul 12, 2010
Yeah, Gunter Hermann in the original Deus Ex.

Poor bastard, I murdered the woman he loved(?) and now I just switched him off like a machine...his worst nightmare.

I'M THE GOOD GUY HERE RIGHT?

Aug 20, 2011
Slycne said:
I couldn't bring myself to kill a single person after having made this impassioned plea that they were people and not simply a means to an end. I had even spent the last several hours gearing up for a big final confrontation, but I hadn't brought any stun weapons with me.

I spent the next few hours cloak sprinting through groups, using all my energy bars to double KO them 2 at a time and strongly fighting the urge to mow them down with my battle riffle.
God, I was trying to play that game as a mostly pacifist... Unfortunately it doesn't really make any difference to the plot if you kill every innocent you come across, or avoid killing anyone at all. Not that I need to be rewarded for good deeds, but I would have thought at least that characters relationships with you would change. Not very impressive for an RPG.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
There's a mission in GTA IV where you free a man sentenced to a lifetime in prison only to kill him. The only reason for doing this is because a lousy junkie is mad at him for talking smack about him. The real kicker is that everything he said was true, yet you still have to shoot him while he's begging for his life. I really didn't like that mission.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Nope , i even helped killed a few people in " no russian". You in my way, i shoot/stab/burn you, simple as that. I can't for the life of my do a good playthrough on anything.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I always feel bad for killing dogs. Man's best friend and all. They are likely trained to attack intruders so it isn't their fault. The death yelp always gets to me.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Enemy players in ARMA 2, 'cause I know they'll have to travel like 10-20 minutes to get back in the action.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Not really an enemy, but in battlefield 3
Your commander
I died doing that twice cause I couldn't do it.
Well once I tried to scope and you can't so i failed.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Deus Ex, I felt a bit bad about all the NSF terrorists I had killed when I realised what they were really fighting for. Later on I felt bad about the guys at UNATCO, they were decent guys who thought they were fighting the good fight, unaware of the deeper conspiracy/corruption, so I made it a point to avoid them or knock them out instead.

MJ12 on the other hand were just assholes, not many problems killing those guys.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
I'm currently playing Orcs Must Die, which is putting me less in the mindset of "Oh those poor orcs with the arrows sticking out of their faces" and more into the mindset of "Good, he triggered the arrow trap, now keep walking forward and ignore the spring trap set to send you flying into the lava.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
This brings back memories of a little game called Mercenaries..... Caling in a carpet bomb run on that one lonely little jeep with two oblivious fools in it. Or bringing the crosshairs of that Anti-Tank rifle up to the heads of countless enimies...Priceless...

So to answer your question, No I feel no remorse at all.

Max Cool

Mar 16, 2011
This is a good point and has nothing to do with the fact I wrote a book about AI getting self-aware and trying to talk you out of killing them...

If a game has some elements where you can choose to kill or capture (Red Dead), but other bosses or enemy you can ONLY kill, it's annoying. All or none. You should always be able to make the choice, or never.

The other one that's bizarre is when you kill an enemy, but later find out they're only wounded. Or level up forever to kill an enemy (Borderlands) only to go back to their house and find them alive and well.

runnergunner42

Sep 28, 2011
Only in Shadow of the Colossus
and thats cause they didnt really do anything and im just invading their territory and attacking them

Max Cool

Mar 16, 2011
This is a good point and has nothing to do with the fact I wrote a book about AI getting self-aware and trying to talk you out of killing them...

If a game has some elements where you can choose to kill or capture (Red Dead), but other bosses or enemy you can ONLY kill, it's annoying. All or none. You should always be able to make the choice, or never.

The other one that's bizarre is when you kill an enemy, but later find out they're only wounded. Or level up forever to kill an enemy (Borderlands) only to go back to their house and find them alive and well.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Use_Imagination_here said:
I mean yeah they allways attack you but you're the fucking batman, they must be scared for their lifes.
Boo-hoo. Should've stay at home. :)

Silver Ark

Oct 31, 2011
When I play Prototype and consume someone, then sneak up next to his friend and accuse him of being me, then watch as everyone around him guns him down without a second thought, I feel sad because that guy I accused could be arriving to his first workstation, fresh out of training, and everyone turns on him.