Ever had a game (or a major portion of a game) that you enjoyed more 2nd time through?

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Make your second playthrough as a Malkavian, it's glorious! So much better if you've already beaten the game too, although to say why would be spoilish.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
Most Grand Strategies from Paradox, it's nice to know what you're doing.

jcfrommars9

Feb 22, 2013
Hitman Absolution.

The more times I play it, the more I'm impressed with the work the developers did setting up ways to assassinate targets. It feels like you have limitless options. I've played this game over many times since I first got it and I've still have yet to complete the game in the same way twice. The epitome of replay value. Plus the options and difficulty settings allow you to alter your "instinct" among other things, so you can play it more old school. it's perhaps the most underrated game I've played in years.

Direbaka

Jul 10, 2010
For me it was Final Fantasy VIII. I hated that game the first time, and just trudged through it and didn't mess with stockpiling spells or paying attention to the amount of levels I gained. Got to the end and found out that I was unable to defeat even the easiest boss in the last dungeon due to my rushing through the game.

Some time later I went back and played it a bit more cheaply. I used a weight on the button so I could collect a full amount of certain spells, used the world draw points (or whatever they are called), and actually tried to get decent guardian force setups. The game was a lot more fun, barring the few boring times of farming spells, and I did everything in the game that second time through.

There are a lot more games that I enjoyed more the second time through, but that example was probably the most pronounced.

themind

Jan 22, 2012
Eternal Darkness for GameCube. I liked it the first time, but didn't appreciate it as a stellar game until I went back to it for a replay.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Fallout: New Vegas for me.

First time, I didn't really think too much of it. I kinda just rushed through the game for the most part.

Almost two years later however, I decided to give the game a second chance. And HOLY SHIT. I ended up loving it.

I took my time and did a bit more exploring, got a better understanding of the game's story and various factions. And it was really fun to play.

Sure, the game was still kinda buggy, but the good far outweighed the bad in this game.

I ended up playing through the game at least four times. Two of which, I went for an Independent Vegas, another for House, and finally one for the NCR.

I even downloaded all the DLC packs for the game. (minus the Gun Runner one) And they were all very fun too. I probably liked Dead Money and Lonesome Road the best out them all.

The game even got me to download the first two Fallout games for the PC. And they were great games as well.

I might do another playthough sometime, perhaps when I'm done with Chrono Chross...

camerinian

Mar 16, 2012
Batman: Arkham City for me, purely because you could play it with any of the costume skins on. Something about seeing the animated series Batman, with his super cartoon-y get up, beating up realistic thugs just made it so much more hilariously enjoyable than the first playthrough