ever made a forum post or comments you regret.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
i made some stupid comments and forums posts in the past the most recent one was me asking for a x com boycott which was stupid and i regret making very much.
thanks to the fact i cant delete posts it shall remain a dark part of my past.
so i wonder am i the only one to make forum posts and comments so stupid i wish i never got the idea let alone make them.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I do it too. Once I posted on a "what forum posts do you regret" thread and I spilled all my secrets. Sure regretted that one.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
I said the hacked Sony incident was funny while it was happening.
Not that I didn't think so, I still stand by it, but I got like fifteen messages scolding me for not being more empathetic and/or "supporting hackers".

I'm not quite sure if "regret" is the term I'd use, but I would've worded it differently, I think.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not recently, or at least I haven't realised it was a bad idea yet.

There are a few I made a few years ago, in which I tried explaining to people of Group X that they were wrong about issues facing Group X, of which I am not a member.

Yeah, you can imagine how well that went down. Still makes me cringe.

ShadeOfRed

Jan 20, 2008
All the damn time. That's one of the things I love about 4chan is that there's no archive so my stupid posts don't hang around forever.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I'll probably come to regret this post...

.. but seriously? Yes. Life is full of regrets, even on the internet.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
None. I see any 'ill adviced' comments I've made as trolling. Mainly because growing up I've observed people critising others over what they say and themselves ending up being idiots themselves. Everyone says things they regret. Only thing you can do is pretend it was intentional. If you're honest, then I don't see why you should be ashamed of it. If you're just being a douchebag on purpose then gtfo.

The stuff I mainly regret is stuff I said when I was younger before I developed the talent of "reading what I just put from many different approaches".

Now-a-days it's honest abuse.

Nov 27, 2010
Not in recent memory, no. But there was a dark period when I wasn't exactly the nicest forum poster around. It all ended about 2 years ago, when a mod on Gametrailers banned for being such a stupid cock, then I bitched at him and called him a stupid cock, then he permabanned me. Then there was about a month or two when I didn't go to any gaming websites at all, but then I said fuck it and signed up a new Gametrailers account, and I've been nice to other people on forums since April 1st 2009.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Can't really say i have. My posts usually reflect my opinions and i'm never going to regret having had an opinion.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Newp. Not one.

I generally pick up on the fact that I'd regret posting them before clicking the button, so I just delete them and bugger off to a different thread. This happens quite often; I'd estimate that more of my posts are deleted than ever see the light of day.

Edit: Crap, I just remembered one. It was in a thread about the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I didn't really know enough about what happened to post, but I did anyway. Not a huge regret, just a niggling one.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I forgot. I do sometimes write really bile-filled undermining comment to a random person, but then I give up before I post. Or magically my browser crashes or I accidently go back and I take it as a hint not to post. I havn't succesfully posted anything I regretted.

Though I could be a dick and argue 'I regret posting my opinnions of ethics because I saw how cold hearted the human race can be when thoes people replied'.

Does, regret reading a forum post count for the same reason above? Only one forum I've been on so far where I havn't felt instantly enraged by a forum thread.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
All the time, although not here - I'm more likely to make regrettable posts on a forum that I'm a moderator in (a 2 mil' thread forum, not some piddly little thing mind). But it's more like I go too far in letting someone have it, and I have to stop and remind myself that they're probably just opinionated teenagers like I used to be. Nowadays I'm an opinionated adult... but I do try not to bring that to other forums - the forum I moderate is my yard :D.

I've often gone and removed a post 5 minutes after posting, or when I go back and read it again I realise what a douche I've been, and maybe try rewording it. It's tough being a mod and dealing with stupid posts every day, and not venting on the next poor sod to make a stupid post.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
I've made a lot of false statements in the early stages of my forum days here. Don't know if that was out of wish of acceptance or wanting to be someone else (maybe better?), but those days are behind me.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I regret replying to a douche on this site on a thread about BF3 in an equally hostile manner as I could have reported them instead, but after I made the comment I would have been liable for mod-action myself.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Too many times to count. I regret mostly posting in threads where the op just left a link and nothing else, so I tried to figure things out through other people's comments rather than click a strangers link. I just shouldn't post at all in those because I often miss some detail.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
just the one that got me a moderator warning, darkening my then-perfect record, and it was just because i commented on someones awesome avatar, but didn't say anything relative to the subject. FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU xD