Every game company will be destroyed but....

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Bioware
Bethesda
Black Isle(though they're already dead, unfortunately)
Capcom
Ubisoft

I couldn't think of last 2 so I took some other people's that I thought was good.

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
Curtmiester said:
Why can`t I just fuse all the companies together into one awesome one and the save that?
Because they would suck. No really, if they have no-one to compete with and it's just one mega company they can sell whatever bullshit they want for unreasonable prices and people wouldn't have any other company to go to.

EA
Double Fine
Capcom
Team Silent (Although they're already dead)
Valve

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
WB
Nintendo
Midway
Ubisoft
And revive chrystal Dynamics ( so they can make more legacy of Kain games)

The Last Parade

Apr 24, 2009
wow you guys kinda suck at this, your all naming publishers not developers like the host asked in his entry (I'm aware that the title says company)

THQ Boston
2k Boston
2k Australia
Bungie
EA Montreal

Woem

May 28, 2009
"Every game company will be destroyed but..." nothing. Independent game developers rule the world!

[small]And Eschalon: Book II finally gets released![/small]

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
VALVe for portal and left4dead, and the ollllld half life standalone expansions (if anyone remembers them) , Bioware (because I think Jade Empire is one of my most favourite games ever, Visceral as Dead Space was just gory, had great atmosphere and was utterly enjoyable, Ubisoft because they just develop everything and help reissue all the old classic games though their "That's Hot!" series (right?) 2k because they did an absolutely brilliant job, IMO of the Darkness and did the characted of Jackie Estacado justice, Insomniac, because I was a massive fan of resistance one and two was just FPS perfection, IMHO the gameplay, the multiplayer, the single player story, the setpieces, the graphics, the sound, the voice acting. Couldn't fault it. And also I used to be a MASSIVE Spyro fan... xD
I can't argue that the Darkness was fun...once you got past the intro that didn't want creative solutions. And Dead Space was pretty decent but I would have liked to have a movement speed faster than a shuffle for both. O-o

And Spyro managed to remember the formula for fun that Sonic had but changed "go really fast and get rings" into "glide and grab treasure". I'll give Insomnia credit for that although I haven't followed into the "Spyro grows up" story I saw out last.

Ubisoft seems to be a pretty popular choice and a solid one for hedging your bets if most of the companies were to fall apart.

hardlymotivated

May 20, 2009
Valve
Black Isle
Interplay
Westwood
Infinity Ward

It's a shame that three of the above are already dead. Nevertheless, to be remembered is to never die!

Kleatus

Nov 30, 2008
Bioware
Kojima Studios
Team Ninja
Sting
Team Ico

There's a lot of honorable mentions though... saving only 5 is tough :(

Sviests

Jun 15, 2009
Mhh... This is so hard. Okay Bethesta (obsoletely). Bandai Namco (for some great games). 2K (I`ll have to punch you in the face if you dunno why). Square Enix (for the beautiful FFVII). Activision/Infinity Ward (dunno which one, but the one who made Call of Duty 1) And the last but definitely not least - Ladies and Gentlemen here comes..... EPIC games!!

P.S merge Bandai Namco and Square Enix.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
Bioware
Infinity Ward
Bethesda
Ubisoft
Rockstar (the section that does GTA)

Devildoc

Mar 26, 2009
Nintendo
Valve
Bioware
Bethesda
Square Enix, after they pick up Namco's Tales studio

Some hard choices, cause I wanted to save Capcom too.

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
Valve (Game engine that isn't resource hog)
Bioware (great games since they started in the 90's)
Bethesda (they own ID now so games and game engines galore)
Raven Software (they essentially made the Jedi Knight series even more awesome, as well as the early stuff they worked on)
Activision/Blizzard (cash cows, and good at it)