Every human has a darker, more primal side.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
So I was reading The Glister (by John Burnside). It's an ok book, but I don't really like it all that much because the main character keeps switching form likeable, bookish outcast to out and out jersey-shore variety (insert biggest and most insulting slander at charcters personality here). But anyway, at around the halfway point he and a few other characters go out hunting, and the main character, (Being a jersey shore variety etc.) described an animal as a "big bag of organs and blood." And this is where the thread starts to get serious, folks. The book continued in like nothing had happened, (obviously,) but I stared at that sentence for a long time. And that's when it hit me. Knowledge akin to the fact that thousands of people die everyday. You might be aware of it, but most people aren't really going to comprehend those numbers. You can't. The mind isn't made for that. Right then and there, I realized something.

Every person has a darker, more primal side.

Every Human has a part of them that would relish the idea of torturing another human. Every one of us, somewhere, deep within our souls, yearns for the screams of our fellow man. You. Me. The kindest and most wonderful person you know, somewhere, no matter how deep, would leap at the chance of painting the streets red with blood and littering it with offal.

And since this thread needs discussion value, I want you to think long and hard about what you would do if that part of you overshadowed the other side of you. You have victims. You have whatever tools you need. What do you do?

I think I would eat someone. Not all at once. Slowly, carefully, taking great care to staunch the bleeding once I'd cut off a finger. And I'd make sure to keep them awake, so that they could see it, and feel it, and know that I was eating what was once them. And once I'd reduced that person to a limbless stump, I'd starve pirranhas and send them into a frnzy, then slowly lower that poor soul in. Slowly. So that he knew what I was doing.

Why? To feel what they would. Not the pain, of course, but to understand what they were going through, to sense the pain of another being, to know what it's like to be tortured and murdered. I would take no pleasure in such an act. I would just want to know. also, I would want to know what it would feel like to do such an act, to commit such an atrocious act.

But do you know what really scares me? Thoughout all of writing that, I felt sickened with myself. Which means that, given the tools and the will, I would do this.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I'd probably get that dark primal side and rather than doing something stupid, immoral and illegal with it, I'd funnel it onto the Internet by making some gory post about how I'd possibly do nasty things to people. Then once I got that out of my system I'd get on with my normal life.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
BonsaiK said:
I'd probably get that dark primal side and rather than doing something stupid, immoral and illegal with it, I'd funnel it onto the Internet by making some gory post about how I'd possibly do nasty things to people. Then once I got that out of my system I'd get on with my normal life.
Oh, c'mon, be a good sport and make a gory post. It's great fun, I swear!

Yoh3333

Feb 7, 2011
Well i have thought of that quite a few times, seeing as i was kind of an outcast in 9th grade. To be more specific, i never really had any 'great' friends in that class but 1 person stood out as the most obnoxious person i've ever met and everytime he pissed me off i wanted to stand up and hit him in the face and knocking him out. That is the worst i've thought off but i can't say i've had darker thoughts here and there.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Hmm. Bash their skull in with a tire iron. Or use my fists, because I've always wanted to know whther I could kill somebody with my bare hands.
I'm not talking about whether I could live with the horrifying memory of what I've done and all that bollocks, I mean do I have the strength to crack skulls.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Yoh3333 said:
Well i have thought of that quite a few times, seeing as i was kind of an outcast in 9th grade. To be more specific, i never really had any 'great' friends in that class but 1 person stood out as the most obnoxious person i've ever met and everytime he pissed me off i wanted to stand up and hit him in the face and knocking him out. That is the worst i've thought off but i can't say i've had darker thoughts here and there.
Did I not say, "search deep inside yourself?" The darkest thought I've ever had is stepping on my cat for breaking a lamp or something.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yes, we've all got a monstrous side, it's why laws and religion and so on were made up.

Pointlessly hurting or degrading someone for the crime of being different from me comes to mind, with emphasis on how the difference makes them lesser. Unfortunately, this is something I could do (admittedly to a much lesser extent) in my day to day life, and probably do somewhat without being game to admit it.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Jedamethis said:
Hmm. Bash their skull in with a tire iron. Or use my fists, because I've always wanted to know whther I could kill somebody with my bare hands.
I'm not talking about whether I could live with the horrifying memory of what I've done and all that bollocks, I mean do I have the strength to crack skulls.
Well, rememeber, this is the dark, evil, ultra-sexy side of you, so you would sort of enjoy the memory of having bashed in their skulls.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
thaluikhain said:
Yes, we've all got a monstrous side, it's why laws and religion and so on were made up.

Pointlessly hurting or degrading someone for the crime of being different from me comes to mind, with emphasis on how the difference makes them lesser. Unfortunately, this is something I could do (admittedly to a much lesser extent) in my day to day life, and probably do somewhat without being game to admit it.
Sheesh, do you people not get what the point of this thread is? What would you do if your dark side were to be the dominant part of you?

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Torture party? Slowly torture my victims in front of each other with various different methods and tools to see their reactions...

Mostly out of the curiosity of "HOW would i person react if i did THIS?" just to see how people react... its all about the reactions that i want to know

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hrm.. interesting.

Not sure what you would like. I could pull a family favorite and tie a fat guy between two bonfires so that the fat in his body melts internally.

Or perhaps kidnap someone, pump them full of hallucinogenic drugs and leave them chained in a black room with one little pin prick of light shining constantly in their eyes and leave them like that with no contact whatsoever with anyone except the machines that feed them and inject more drugs for 40 years of their life. Then unexpectedly release them starving and clueless in a foreign country of which the language is not their native one, so they look like a raving madman, and the local authorities take them in and put them into a mental hospital. One fleeting chance at freedom and its lost because the guy forgot how to speak normally, and went berserk because he could not understand anyone, and no one understood him.

Or we could go the old fashioned gory route of prolonged removal of digits one at a time, allowing enough time for each removed piece to heal back over then removing the next one.

And no I am not really this sick, I am a writer with an overactive and dark imagination. Sorry misunderstood the point, these are things I have written chars to do, not things I would do myself, or even consider doing.

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
Darker side that I would hate to let out? I've killed almost everything about me that I do not like, so I am not to sure that I qualify to answer. Now, if you asked to name the (subjectively speaking) worst thing that you can imagine yourself doing, then fine.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Hmm, I think if I say what comes to mind first, I might get hit with the banhammer due to recent events. So I'll settle for aiming a nuclear missile at Africa. Really movie villain like.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
viranimus said:
Hrm.. interesting.

Not sure what you would like. I could pull a family favorite and tie a fat guy between two bonfires so that the fat in his body melts internally.

Or perhaps kidnap someone, pump them full of hallucinogenic drugs and leave them chained in a black room with one little pin prick of light shining constantly in their eyes and leave them like that with no contact whatsoever with anyone except the machines that feed them and inject more drugs for 40 years of their life. Then unexpectedly release them starving and clueless in a foreign country of which the language is not their native one, so they look like a raving madman, and the local authorities take them in and put them into a mental hospital. One fleeting chance at freedom and its lost because the guy forgot how to speak normally, and went berserk because he could not understand anyone, and no one understood him.

Or we could go the old fashioned gory route of prolonged removal of digits one at a time, allowing enough time for each removed piece to heal back over then removing the next one.

And no I am not really this sick, I am a writer with an overactive and dark imagination. Sorry misunderstood the point, these are things I have written chars to do, not things I would do myself, or even consider doing.
You know what, you monstrous bastard? You are sick. Evil. A disgusting creature.

I think we could get along nicely.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Cheshire the Cat said:
Nope. Not buying it.

I do absolutely nothing to hide the fact that I am an asshole but even I would not kill or hurt something "just because" if given the chance.
And I mean that, not just a person but anything.
I may kill something in a fit of pure rage or if it benefits me in some way and even rape has the benefit of satiating lust but just torturing for the fun of it is a idiotic concept.

Extremely poor attempt at philosophy and the "true nature of man" to cover up the fact that you are just fucked.
No, I am a sick, disgusting creature. So are you. That's not neccesarily the true nature of man. It might be the nature of man to enjoy sex. Does that mean that the pleasure of sex is at the base of all things? No. No it does not.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Ok, first of all, you crazy. Thoughts like that should be repressed, but at the same time I completely agree with you. We all have a dark side no matter how much we try to deny it. It's human nature to want to see other people get hurt...Wipeout is a great example of this, every week I watch that show and laugh manically whenever someone looks like they just broke their neck or spine on national TV.

As for the discussion of this thread, I think I'll keep it simple: build bomb in my garage, take bomb to public place, plant bomb where it would do the most damage, run away, set bomb off at peak attendence of event/rush hour.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
retyopy said:
You know what, you monstrous bastard? You are sick. Evil. A disgusting creature.

I think we could get along nicely.
Yeah well, these were pretty mundane things that I wrote that I figured were still within the realm of safety so as to not truly offend anyone. Trust me, My mind is like a dead end tunnel. Each step gets darker and more horrifying. And with that... RANDOM NAP TIME!