"Every New Game From Now On Must ___________" (fill in the blank)

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Every new game must have a usable, fully automatic potato gun hidden somewhere in the game. Even if it's not a shooter it still must have this.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Must be made by the developer with NO OUTSIDE INFLUENCE.I still this Mass Effect 3 would of been better if it was just Bioware

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Winthrop said:
Every game from now on must have highly adjustable graphics ranging from the beautiful modern graphics to NES level so computer specs are not an issue to play the newest, most entertaining games.
I know this thread isn't exactly full of realistic ideas, but I've thought of this before myself and quickly realized it's impossible. I know you were exaggerating by saying NES graphics, but even making a modern game look like a year 2000 game with graphics scalers would be pretty much impossible.

There IS a limit to how far a games graphics can scale without making major technical adjustments to the game engine that would be too time consuming and too troublesome just to cater to people who would probably rather buy the game on a console anyway. But I'll agree they could do with making them scale a bit better than they currently do.

Sanat

Apr 7, 2012
Every game from now on must not have microtransactions, DRM or micro-DLC that isn't purely cosmetic.

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
Every game has to include Batman, just in a small way. Maybe he could be a postor, or even make a cameo. I just want more Batman.

Captcha: Long Division.... I can't think of anything funny for that.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
HarryScull said:
AstylahAthrys said:
Ever new game from now on must not suck. There. That is a blanket statement that will help the industry.
/thread

oh god my post is to short please dont ban me, um err more padding quick pad this mother fucker as much as we can, get more use the emergency padding if we have to, ok it looks ok now, yeh that should do, few dodged a bullet there
RJ 17 said:
AstylahAthrys said:
Ever new game from now on must not suck. There. That is a blanket statement that will help the industry.
Has to be more specific than that. A game that you think sucks might be someone else's favorite game.
Or in other words, "define the phrase 'not suck'."

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
leet_x1337 said:
Every new game from now on, if they pass the first aspect of the Bechdel test (i.e. having two or more women), must pass the entire test (they must talk to each other about something other than men.) This applies in reverse as well.
Thats... not a bad idea really.

Of course finding two women in a game can be surprisingly difficult sometimes.

Recaptcha: little bird told me

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Every New Game From Now On Must... ask itself, 'what would Deus Ex do?', and then do that thing.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
AverageJoe said:
Winthrop said:
Every game from now on must have highly adjustable graphics ranging from the beautiful modern graphics to NES level so computer specs are not an issue to play the newest, most entertaining games.
I know this thread isn't exactly full of realistic ideas, but I've thought of this before myself and quickly realized it's impossible. I know you were exaggerating by saying NES graphics, but even making a modern game look like a year 2000 game with graphics scalers would be pretty much impossible.

There IS a limit to how far a games graphics can scale without making major technical adjustments to the game engine that would be too time consuming and too troublesome just to cater to people who would probably rather buy the game on a console anyway. But I'll agree they could do with making them scale a bit better than they currently do.
Oh believe me I know it isn't a walk in the park to do things like that, with all the versions of direct x and new shaders and physics technology always coming out. Its always just been a wish I've had. I actually homebrew simple computer games in my spare time and I agree wholeheartedly that optimization and graphics scaling are not easy.

I agree that a number of the people it would help would be console gamers, but I think it would be a good way to bring people to the PC more. I am confined to a laptop with decent specs, but its graphics card is pretty bad to say the least. Anyway I often come across games I cannot play and I am reluctant to buy games that aren't on a ridiculous steam sale or have a demo so I can ensure that they run on my laptop. Its a shame because I love the modding I get with the PC, but I really like the guarantee of performance on a console. It was a fairly unrealistic and selfish demand, but boy would it help me out haha.

MAUSZX

May 7, 2009
Every New Game From Now On Must focus on one thing, either single player or multiplayer.
COD Games are all for the Multiplayer, the campaign it's an extra, not everyone plays the single player.
So Games like Bioshock should focus on making a good single player and forget the multiplayer, want to sell DLC? well make some expansion or something. I haven't finished Bioshock 2, because it's not as interesting as the first one.

I think a lot of games could be better if they focus on the thing they want to sell.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
80 hour story with believable characters.

I suppose the Persona series has set my standards too high.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
...have day 1 DLC, DLC on disk, tons of further DLC, day1 patches, further patches of cool "features", online pass, always online, a monthly/and or dayly fee, a overpriced special edition, a overpriced collectors edition, a game of the year edition, an online store for ingame items and features, a multiplayer regardless of the game and genre, a 3 hour single player campaign, used sale protection...and for a game i want... 1 million Dollar (say this slowly in an evil villain voice and lift your little finger to your mouth).

Yaaaay, the publisher side of this sure smells like money, rotten bugs and sounds like Michael Myers.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Tell a story that pulls at the heart strings, one that allows the player to further immerse themselves in the narrative whilst seamlessly matching the gameplay.