Every State in the USA goes to war with each other, who wins (you can't say your home state)

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
One of the the more mountainous and/or rural states like Colorado would probably win because of the harsh terrain that the invader would have to bear.

Other than that, California. If California left the US today, they would have an economy that could rival Italy.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
All the big, well known states will be too busy killing each other, trying to take out the immediate threat. The smaller states would pick off the winners, leading to guerrilla warfare in the smaller or less populated states. Odds are any of the small northeastern states would ultimately prevail. I just picked Delaware because it's my home state.

Greenansatsu

May 21, 2009
I thought about Alaska, but as soon as the states started fighting each other Russia would probably invade and annex it.

Hawaii wouldn't lose but I don't think it would win either, it would probably just get bored and say you know what we'll just sit this one out you guys have at it.

As for the southern states they would do well at first until all the Mexicans realized there was no point in being in America anymore and they would all go back to Mexico where it was safe taking 90% of the population of the southern half of the United states with them.

I'd imagine something similar would happen in the states bordering Canada, a lot of people would immigrate illegally to Canada to get away from the massive Civil War, leaving many of those states just ripe for the picking of Quebec who I'd imagine would succeed from Canada just to get possession of more land and actually try and create a New-France.

Most of the Mid-Western states would probably get bored trying to fight each other having to travel so far just to find someone to shoot, but not give up leading to a bunch of wandering nomadic armies all over the place out there. Even if someone actually won, they wouldn't get the message for another 30 years or so.

The South East would do pretty well until Hurricane season until it had to fight a two sided war against mother nature...

The North East would rip itself apart with so many states jam packed into such a small area, it'd be interesting to see but I don't think anyone would truly win, though I'd say New York, and Pennsylvania would probably come out the best just given numbers and how many people own guns there.

Though neither of those would be my pick of a winner, that would be Maine, because everyone would forget about them, they would just sit of there until the fighting was over then just come down riding there moose and pick off the remainders.

Then Europe would come over and steal all the useful stuff and reclaim us just like they did in the 1500's or so, cause we all know excluding Quebec, Canada really wants nothing to do with the U.S. even if it was just free land.

agentironman

Sep 22, 2009
Have to go with Washington State- home for: Strikers, special forces, Rangers (2/75), nuclear sub base- fast attack and boomers, naval surface ships including carriers, Air refueling wing, multiple air wings. Special Warfare Center and a NSA listening post.

As an added bonus they have many computer software companies to develop new viruses/programs and Starbucks to keep them going.

Just my two cents.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Rhode Island. Fuck yeah.

Seriously though, I'd bet on California or Texas. California's economy is larger than most nations and Texas seems pretty self-sufficient as well. Perhaps another state like New York might come out of nowhere and triumph, but my bet is either on California and Texas. Plus California is run by the Governator. How do you beat that?

JacobyPAX

Jun 14, 2010
New Jersey would win. Invaders would get to the states borders and decide surrender or suicide would be preferable then entering the wasteland that is New Jersey.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I'm not so sure North Dakota would win. They may have a good amount of nukes, but they have the second smallest population in the US guarding them. If Minnesota, Montana and/or South Dakota blitzkrieg-ed them before ND had a chance to launch their nukes, it would be all over fast for ND.

As for the winner, I got California on this one. Large, relatively smart population, powerful and diverse economy, ocean at their back, and the protection of the desert and the Sierra Nevadas from invaders.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
Alaska, cause their up in canada yo.

Actually, I think Utah would win, not on the premesis of nukes, but mormons are buggers you don't want to piss off, I mean they commited the genocide of an Indian tribe.

My whole mother's side of the family is mormon, so I have the politically-correct basis to bash on them *sage nod*

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
I've only lived in Texas for about a year and a half now (thus it's not my home state - that would be New York), and I have to say I've never lived anywhere where most of the people on my block owns an assault rifle.

Seriously. Half of my neighbors have AR-15s. And the other half only own 9mm glocks or .357 magnums. Ya know, kids stuff.

God help anyone who seriously attempts to declare war on this state.

UltraParanoia

Oct 11, 2009
Appalachia. "Hills" or not, it's quite hard to get rid of all of the people in them.

Or you know, the superstate of ULTRAMARYLAND! after we take over WV and Deleware.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
zombiejoe said:
The question is in the title.

I say North Dakota.

I mean think about it. Does anyone know what REALLY goes up in there?

I say they are working with Canada to nuke the rest of the USA.

lol jk

but what do you think?
Speaking as a North Dakotan, we couldn't conquer anything. Although we may have some nukes, we'd be too busy getting drunk.

We'd be prime conquering real estate, though. Lots of farmland, complaisant locals, and lots of potential natural fuel reserves.

Jan 29, 2009
Crowser said:
California
They are huge, backed into a corner so they only have to worry about half their boarders, and they could import more weapons / supplies from outside sources due to the pacific being their backyard.
Yep, we got nice backyards. Anyways, since I can't vote for my home-state, I'd nominate New York: Second largest population, highly concentrated, with a decent industry.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Probably California. All the reasons have already been mentioned.
Here in Kansas, we'd be the first to fall. We're in the middle of everything.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I say Texas wins, so I'm in agreement with these people...
Shoggoth2588 said:
voetballeeuw said:
Texas, obviously. Don't Mess with Texas. Also no "the only things in Texas are steers and queers."
nico74 said:
Texas they have NASA AND drunk rednecks. What could be scarier than giving drunkards guns and have NASA point them at you saying, "LET'S GO RACING!!!"
the_hoffs_ego said:
Texas. Hands down. A lot of resources, high population, independent to begin with. Plus, you know, a lot of guns!
Don't mess with Texas, why? Because everything is bigger in Texas that's why. Even here in Maryland I know not to screw with Texas. Hell, I'd leave Maryland and fight for Texas is they switch the American diet to true BBQ. Also, if I stay in MD I know there will be Virginians kicking our ass as they storm in all directions.

Also, Pennsylvania wouldn't die immediately: they have The Amish.
Other heavily populated states are as hated as they are loved (california, New York). Texas has population, resources, technology, and military.

Of note: New Jersey is fucked every state would start the war by carpet bombing Jersey and then would move on to the war proper.

I'm from South carolina. We've got a lot of military bases, but nothing huge. Our best city (charleston, where I live) would crumble because it's coastal and the foundation is pretty weak. Seriously, you could take out 2 or 3 bridges and everyone would be stuck on the island.

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
Why are people adding nuclear weapons into this equation? I didn't think you could launch any without special presidential permission. Or am I wrong?

Anyway, I would go with California, Texas, or New York. Most likely California. Largest population, large economy, Pacific Ocean behind them, desert on one border. Texas and New York would put up big challenges though.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
California.

According to the ATF, liberals are more likely to have firearms and California is the most liberal state in the union.