Every State in the USA goes to war with each other, who wins (you can't say your home state)

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Averant said:
blindthrall said:
Averant said:
Kansas is a possibility. I mean think about it: Every state above and including Oklahoma is a Farm Belt state. That means we grow your food, bitches. If the five farm belt states band together and mount a SUCCESSFUL DEFENSE, we could hole up and starve the rest of the US into submission.

It's brilliant, I tell you. We just need to get over that first hurdle that is the initial invasion.
Caps added, because that's the problem right there-huge area of land to defend, not enough people. Why do you think agricultural areas get swept in weeks, like Russia?

Yeah, you'll notice I kind of emphasized that myself. Initial hurdle usually suggests that there is, in fact, a problem to be solved.

Moving on, to counteract that glaring problem, suppose we use the scorched earth policy as we retreat? Fall back to a smaller area, easier to defend, with burnt crops all around us. That way they WILL be starved by the time they hit us.
Depends. How is Kansas in terms of military bases? Do they have any heavy artillery to defend that land? I just thought of something else. What states still have oil? Maybe Alaska will win after all.

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
Of course I can't say my home state. My home state would lose. I think a good portion of New England would just kind of... shift into Canada. At least I sure as hell would.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Scout Tactical said:
Well, I can't answer Texas, which is the correct answer, so I guess I have to go with California. They have a higher population than Texas, and a lot of military resources, just not as much as Texas. Still, they could definitely dominate the entire west coast.
That seems familiar somehow...

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Pfft My state of Washington would fall in five minutes, claiming Neutrality and protesting the war because of all the former hippies and musicians.

Texas though, they have are the most gun totting, biggest state, and as someone pointed out, they have NASA.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
I'm also guessing Rhode Island, because all the larger states will fight and bicker until they all destroy each other and only the tiniest state in the world lives. That or Alaska because they know how to survive alone in the bitter wilderness and they can see Russia from their house!

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
Sweet, no votes for Tennessee (My current state of residence). Good to see that people recognize that we couldn't do shit.

I'd vote for Hawaii. Most of the Navy + long distance to mainland equals a win to me.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Rhode Island, more specific, Aquidneck Island. there is a single bridge in, and we have a navy base. we could completely keep out invaders.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Texas, for the boring reason of being so damn big that you couldn't beat our entire state. Couple that with being one of the only states that has a positive budget, a large percentage of our standing military, and, well, our own supply of beer and cattle. The rest of the nation starves, we ransom them back. Yeah, you might say Alaska or Hawaii because they're so far...but one missing and most of their population takes one right up the backside.

voetballeeuw said:
Texas, obviously. Don't Mess with Texas. Also no "the only things in Texas are steers and queers."
Whoever said that has obviously never seen Texas-born-and-bred women.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Texas would be hard to beat since it has it's own power grid etc. It's almost a separate state as it is. The other states would really need to gang up on it quickly to stand a chance I think.

As far as everyone talking about Alaska, it would be too far out of the primary fight to have a good chance. Basically both Hawaii and Alaska would end up having to spend too many resources to get into the main fight so they would sit it all out and not consolidate additional territories and supplies until too late. Whoever won on the main land would then be able to easily swoop in and take out hawaii and Alaska easily.

I think the big contenders really would be California because it is so big and borders so many states and Texas because it has plenty of resources (it's own source of oil, plenty of power, plenty of food and plenty of weapons.)

Texas might get bogged down a bit early on though and if it's not careful waste it's time with too many small states that don't have many resources to add while California consolidates power and then attacks Texas directly.

Best bet for California would be to Blitz Texas right off the bat pretty much, make a bee line straight for the state while it's spending resources taking out it's neighbors. If Cali could make some kind of treaty with surrounding states till after they all took out texas...it would pretty much win hands down.

If Texas played it smart though....shrug...could go either way.

CouchCommando

Apr 24, 2008
I'm kinda rooting for California and Hawaii as an outsider, geographically I'm backing Hawaii for the win though. Large naval base, tourist mecca and the locals are pretty much loved globally.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Washington, they could just stop supplying power to half the country and make them surrender. We could also stop supplying jets. A large part of the technological base on the US is located here as well. The terrain is also very tough to fight in, and you can't really just bomb the place because if you do you blow the dams and kill power once again, to half the country. We also have one of the few nuke disassembly and disposal sights.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Now I am no expert with American states (being a dull English person(sarcasm)) but I would say:

Alaska

Because as far as I know it is the biggest state, also isolated from all other states (like Hawaii just better) also the conditions in Alaska (again as far as I know) are a bit chilly, which would make it harder for any other soldiers to cope. Also, who isn't scared of a well coordinated Moose attack?

MadeinHell said:
United Kingdom.
Now that their malevolent plot of turning USA against itself they can take it BACK!

*evil laughter*
of course this is also another good possibility :)

sarethed

Oct 1, 2010
voetballeeuw said:
Texas, obviously. Don't Mess with Texas. Also no "the only things in Texas are steers and queers."
Actually, "Don't mess with Texas" is an anti-littering campaign.
http://dontmesswithtexas.org/