Everybody's Dead Dave

Tatsuki

Nov 9, 2014
So I just had a long discussion with my friends about the games we have played and which one has the highest kill counts in it and it went through all the usual games associated with outright genocide of whatever the target of choice is. Gears of war, grand theft auto, orcs must die.

Then I trumped my friends with a suggestion and can not think of anything to beat it but I am sure the internet can win out over that. So my winning game for destruction and deaths (yes this is a cheat as the death is implied but we agreed it is allowed) was Katamari.

Anyone got something I have missed that beats this?

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Probably galactic empire strategy games like masters of Orion. Where I casually nuke a bunch of planets until everyone is dead on them because I doubted my ability to hold them. So id rather destroy them than take them.

Daeric

Oct 27, 2011
I would have to go for DoW 1 ork players, I know several people whose idea of "tactics", is place the spawn near the enemy base and just spam basic sluggas with waaagh. So many dead Sluggas.

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
This game of Civ2 [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uxpil/ive_been_playing_the_same_game_of_civilization_ii/]:

REDDIT said:
I've been playing the same game of Civ II for 10 years. Though long outdated, I grew fascinated with this particular game because by the time Civ III was released, I was already well into the distant future. I then thought that it might be interesting to see just how far into the future I could get and see what the ramifications would be. Naturally I play other games and have a life, but I often return to this game when I'm not doing anything and carry on. The results are as follows.

-The world is a hellish nightmare of suffering and devastation.

-There are 3 remaining super nations in the year 3991 A.D, each competing for the scant resources left on the planet after dozens of nuclear wars have rendered vast swaths of the world uninhabitable wastelands.

-The military stalemate is air tight. The post-late game in civ II is perfectly balanced because all remaining nations already have all the technologies so there is no advantage. And there are so many units at once on the map that you could lose 20 tank units and not have your lines dented because you have a constant stream moving to the front. This also means that cities are not only tiny towns full of starving people, but that you can never improve the city. "So you want a granary so you can eat? Sorry; I have to build another tank instead. Maybe next time."

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Although if we are talking actual units on screen dieing, mount and blade can get pretty brutal when your fighting a big army and managed to defeat all the elite units and now the enemy is throwing waves of peasants and recruits at you and your elite troops. Like wheat before a scythe.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
I thought this was going to be a Red Dwarf discussion :(

Anyways, Serious Sam. That game has like a million enemies on screen at once. A long game of the original Total Annihilation could also rack up a massive kill count: when you have infinite resources and factories that can be set to auto-produce units, it gets to the stage where you need to use nukes just to clear out a section for your troops to advance into.

Also, Pandemic kills a lot of people.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Basically anything that takes place in the Warhammer 40K universe is a contender.

Exterminatus!

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Pretty sure most RTS will trump most other games. When I watched my friend play Master of Orion 2, he killed billions. I think that takes the cake.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Total War battles always have huge body counts. I just had a large one in my Easterling Campaign on Third Age MOS against Mordor, about 18,000 soldiers total in the battle and around 9,000 died. And that's one battle in a currently large scale war.

And let's not forget the Dead Rising Games. You can get some crazy kill counts in them.

rodneyy

humm odd
Sep 10, 2008
Spushkin said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
I thought this was going to be a Red Dwarf discussion :(
I'll just second this and go away in sadness :(
thats what got me here as well.

OP while not killing or really a game in the strictest sense of the word universal sandbox would probable have a high kill count when you slam the milky way into andromeda

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Daeric said:
I would have to go for DoW 1 ork players, I know several people whose idea of "tactics", is place the spawn near the enemy base and just spam basic sluggas with waaagh. So many dead Sluggas.
Oi, iz you tokin' tuff 'bout dat tatik
dat's an ol' tatik tried an true.

not as goot as ol' drek's tatik: dah best means of attack is defence an' dah best means of attack is a really really big one, right, with lots of boys an' dead big shooty fings an' what 'ave you -legenday ork smartboy drek zog
and dats as much as i remembah, buts dat's not day point.
Wass i on 'bout?
frag dis, Time to stomp some oomies

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Probably the biggest body count for me was playing through Star Wars: Empire at War. A big selling point for the game was allowing the player to change the outcome of the Star Wars universe, and the Imperial campaign in particular explores this by letting you build the Death Star and going to town with it. I had all the resources I needed by then, so I simply blew away all the Rebel-controlled planets. The trail of destruction stretched outwards in a huge cone from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim. I must have killed quadrillions of beings when all was said and done.
Daeric said:
Oh man, those were always entertaining. Probably the best replay I ever saw was an Ork player beating an Eldar player with the tactic, culminating in an epic war of attrition with an Avatar of Khaine. Ork and Eldar bodies were flying everywhere. The battleground was a mass of blood and slugga boy corpses when the dust settled, but the Ork player prevailed.

Sadly a patch broke the replay, but the memory remains.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
For sheer numbers, the longest game of Space Empires I ever had against computer players. Over a thousand worlds, most with populations of millions or more, laid waste or destroyed, not even including the crews to all the warships and transports and fighters that were destroyed on all sides. But you never actually see anyone die, just planets and ships exploding ('stop exploding you cowards!'). It's just numbers and statistics. By the time it was over, there were about 50 inhabitable planets left in the galaxy... all controlled by me.

I suppose any successful game of Pandemic would count.