Everyday Cosplay

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I still have my 4th Doctor Scarf and I own an honest to god Blue Velvet Cape. They aren't from any characters in particular, but I feel awfully spiffy when I wear them. My favorite shirt? "Legolas is my House Elf".

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
I beg to differ [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6FUR_nhGX8] about the Bruce Wayne look.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
Playing Psychonauts has given me a weird fascination with my beige trenchcoat and fedora, usually with a sizable turquoise neck warmer now that the weather's picked up. I'm just waiting for the day I'll see an abandoned road sign and finally go all the way.

cabalistics

May 4, 2009
dathwampeer said:
cabalistics said:
I occasionally dress a bit like this minus shotgun and blood obviously
What's that image from any-way?

I sometimes grow out my beard and braid it. Then unearth my battle axe from under the open plan wardrobe that is my room and walk around town in full Nordic armour.

I have yet to be questioned on this practice.
It's from Near Dark the best vampire movie of the 80's which they're now trying to market to the Twilight crowd with a similar cover.

Which will be hilaraious when someone picks it up expecting something similar and ends up seeing this

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I'm still trying to find (or make) a college style sweater for Miskatonic University. I think of it as cosplaying as a bit character in a fantasy world.

Orange Monkey said:
Guys, LISTEN TO THIS GIRL, wear suits more often :)
I'd wear suits more often if I could find one with a knockoff fictitious character on the breast pocket [http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002955].

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
I have long hair which i usually keep in a ponytail when i go out in public, i also sport long trenchcoats most of the time...i had a neighbor once start callin' me "Macloud", sayin' i look like Adrian Paul's character from the Highlander series...o'course he also started this while i was movin' in and was sportin' my Katana, so there y'go...

Also; whenever i'm wearing any one of my batman shirts that are just the bat-logo across my chest, i always wear solid black...and usually the thinner trenchcoat (the one that flows behind me cape-like when i walk)...

*Edit* my girlfriend remembered somethin' i'd forgotten...i am a huge power ranger nut, (i have a replica communicator from the original series i wear all the time) and whenever i carry one of my morphers on me (good luck charm), i always color-code my shirt with whatever color the morpher corresponds to...

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I've walked around wearing Jayne from Firefly's "Blue Sun" t-shirt; thankfully no crazy little psychic girls have attacked me with knives yet.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I have a replica of Travis Touchdown's (No More Heroes) Jacket and one of his T-shirts. I also wear my Organization XIII (Kingdom Hearts) coat as a trenchcoat if it's cold out. I used my Spirit (Soul Eater) cosplay as a suit for a wedding
<spoiler=Spirit>http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/844/21951/Spirit_ref1.png
and I have a hoodie that when zipped up all the way is the Shinigami's (Soul Eater again) face.
<spoiler=hoodie>http://www.clockworkmachina.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/30393.jpg

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Ihave this shirt, which always tells me who's played Persona. Its kinda nice for a role call kinda feel

http://i.yai.bz/assets/99/497/l_p1004849799.jpg
Woah, cool, I have Chie's jacket. :)

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
yanipheonu said:
I am at work.

I am wearing a Core Drill around my neck right now.
I could never do that. I would be screaming "MY DRILL WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!" and "ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWAH!" every chance I got.
I found one online foe around seven bucks I should get it.
I already wear father Anderson's necklace all the time.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z202/vendettachrncls/anime/Hellsing/PaladinFatherAndersonOfthe13thEscar.jpg

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Well, let's go through it, game by game:

No More Heroes: I have a pair of yellow aviators, white tennis shoes, various wristbands, a bunch of wise-ass or nerdy t-shirts, and a lightweight leather jacket, but black instead of red.

King of Fighters: I have K's sunglasses, in orange and black.

Persona: I have a small, round MP3 player, a pair of clip on headphones, a gray beanie, a black jacket I never put my arms through, a folding chair, and a peacoat with the folded collar.

So many things to choose from, for me.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
This makes perfect sense.

I do it with hairstyles to an extent. Yay for crazy anime hair. Or, the closest realistic approximation, anyway.

Not that my hair really always cooperates with that, but hey; What can you do?

Still, I love the idea behind this.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Dammit, just got sidetracked my a MASSIVE browse of geeky t-shirts... several I seriously want, but I don't think my family particularly want to encourage my geekiness, so Christmas is out of the question ;)

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
I am actually trying to do this. I'm trying to get a modern day Red Mage cosplay. I've already got the hiking boots, the plasic sword (I still need to paint it), the beat up leather messenger bag and the really sweet hat (I need to change the hatband though.) When I have the jacket I'm looking for, I'll basically be done. I'll be cosplaying in secret like you!!

Reynard Wrecce

May 15, 2010
I will specifically combo outfits to either resemble Frank Castle, or Anton Gorodetsky from Night Watch. SO pleased this isn't just me.
I love you guys.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Orange Monkey said:
Guys, LISTEN TO THIS GIRL, wear suits more often :)

I have this Iron Man t-shirt a friend got me, it has all the different iron man armours running down it, which totals about about 75 different ones, I love wearing it under a zip up jacket and when people see like the top few and go ''Nice Iron Man shirt'' I slowly unzip the jacket and see their jaws drop, it's highly satisfying :D
I wear a suit as often as possible.
And wear converse. Sneaky cosplay as David Tennant's Doctor. Just need the coat.... fun getting this pointed out as well. And tempted me to buy a sonic screwdriver - just makes it so much sweeter now.