Everyday Cosplay

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
For her birthday, I got my girlfriend a pentacle necklace and a matching one for myself. Anyone that has read the Dresden Files should get the reference.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Orange Monkey said:
Guys, LISTEN TO THIS GIRL, wear suits more often :)
I'm blue collar, so get little chance to dress up. Shame, it's quite nice.

As for covert geeky clothing.... I once got a sweater because it had a pattern almost identical to the one David Dixon wore when he played Ford Prefect in the Hitchhiker's Guide miniseries.

Even more covertly, I sometimes wear a theme t-shirt (I've got like fifty different ones) under my work shirt, including a few I made "myself" via sites like Zazzle and Cafepress. Touhou Project, Cthulhu Mythos, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, C64 games, The Divine Comedy, assorted webcomics, quantum physics, obscure defunct websites, Pet Shop Boys songs, the occult....

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I can only recall purchasing an item of clothing because of a character in a movie. To this day, my coat of choice tends to be black, double breasted, wool, and as often as not best described as a Pea Coat because of the movie the Boondock Saints.

I suppose my attire generally matches that of the movies heroes. As we speak, I'm wearing brown leather boots (I have favored boots far longer than I knew about Boondock Saints and my time in the Army reinforced my love), blue jeans, a black unadorned t-shirt and I'm using my not-exactly-a-pea-coat (too long and it has a collar) as blanket stand in as it is quite cold in my apartment.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Eclectic Dreck said:
I can only recall purchasing an item of clothing because of a character in a movie. To this day, my coat of choice tends to be black, double breasted, wool, and as often as not best described as a Pea Coat because of the movie the Boondock Saints.
Heh, same with me only my coat is a close resemblance to John Preston's Cleric coat from Equilibrium.
And I do like to sport my Green Lantern, Doctor Who and various other geeky shirts on a daily base. Nobody ever gets the GL logo...

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Orange Monkey said:
Guys, LISTEN TO THIS GIRL, wear suits more often :)
Oh. Fuck. No.

When you wear a suit and tie to work every day, you go home at night wishing you could burn it. they're generally (unless you pay through the nose for them) far less comfortable than the standard jeans/t-shirt combo, they lack the warmth of a hoodie or the resilience to mud and grime that most of my clothes have. I don't care whether it looks attractive or not - if a girl is looking for men in suits then she probably isn't my type anyway.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
The Alien gear from your link is awesome. I didn`t know anybody made them. Thank you for that.

OT: Almost my entire wardrobe is made out of shirts with a reference or two to geeky subjects. Thank God I have a job without a dress code.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I have a pair of culflinks in the shape of a blocky white cross just like
cept in regular sizes (duh those huges things would be too ridiculous IRL :p) Imagine the shock expressions from ppl when i tell them i'm atheist lol

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
This is a genius idea! Now I have the opportunity to make myself even more ashamed of liking anime!

Time to go irretrievably deep into fanboy territory and do some of this stuff.

I know I'll worry like crazy that I'll be found out, but I so want to anyway...

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Geekshirts are awesome and all, but they make me a way too easy target for stereotyping, so for me those kind of shirts would only be allowed to wear in my own house or at geek conventions. So instead, I wear shirts that are geekish, but only to people who recognise it as what it is, and who are therefore a geek themselves. Which obviously makes the whole stereotyping thing a lot less worse. For example, I have a shirt with this [http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt5/hex1009/smiley.jpg&imgrefurl=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/11935552/how-to-destroy-twilight-and-its-characters-in-8-easy-steps&usg=__Pf12wIogMgxR2lrAgkEJKO13TYU=&h=300&w=300&sz=15&hl=nl&start=0&sig2=UVSSE4vVUNvy7NV6cO_nXA&zoom=1&tbnid=YP01YrCrzFIoZM:&tbnh=161&tbnw=161&ei=0zwKTa2mG8zsOafh7JIG&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfag%2Bsmiley%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dnl%26biw%3D1045%26bih%3D464%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=136&vpy=75&dur=1921&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=141&ty=59&oei=vTwKTe6RCo-o8QPGuZQZ&esq=3&page=1&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0] print, and one with a Triforce in it that almost looks like some random tribal tattoo thing. I still don't wear those for job interviews obviously, but you get the point.

Newtilator

Sep 16, 2009
Drakmeire said:
I have a replica of Travis Touchdown's (No More Heroes) Jacket and one of his T-shirts. I also wear my Organization XIII (Kingdom Hearts) coat as a trenchcoat if it's cold out. I used my Spirit (Soul Eater) cosplay as a suit for a wedding
<spoiler=Spirit>http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/844/21951/Spirit_ref1.png
and I have a hoodie that when zipped up all the way is the Shinigami's (Soul Eater again) face.
<spoiler=hoodie>http://www.clockworkmachina.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/30393.jpg
Whoooooah there, There is a significant amount of epic emanating from that hoodie!t
(points to avatar)
Where can you buy those? Or did you make it yourself?
Everyday cosplay is something I try to do somewhat, but I rarely see clothes that resemble characters costumes.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Mwahaha, now I just have to find a way of inscribing these [http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.usaanime.us/Claymore/Images/Claymore_anime_rank_symbols.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.usaanime.us/Claymore/ClaymoreBreakdown.htm&h=467&w=500&sz=24&tbnid=CZznUXu-Nr-izM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dclaymore%2Bsymbols&zoom=1&q=claymore+symbols&hl=en&usg=__0xr7Hq07ifL2-pJkviBKFMLgt8s=&sa=X&ei=GUIKTcHtKYGBhQfb4YWVDw&sqi=2&ved=0CB0Q9QEwAA] on everything...

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I frequently wear a pair of goggles (any day where it's not so cold I have to wear ear muffs or a hat) that I bought specifically because they're the same as the ones Ramona Flowers wears. Unfortunately it won't be so subtle when I dye my hair pink on tuesday.

Oct 14, 2010
Sampsa said:
Who is this "everyone's favorite former psychiatrist?" Only psychiatrist know to the great public I recall would be Dr. Phill (though I don't know wether he really has diploma, too lazy to google).
She's talking about Harley Quinn, the Joker's sidekick (hence her added touch of the "J" necklace).

everfreeDragon

Oct 28, 2009
After I finally got around to watching Firefly the first piece of clothing I got was a brown leather trench coat. I wear it all the time and when around people who have seen it I do hear the odd quote but not often. I'm considering expanding my secret cosplay wardrobe though.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
bahumat42 said:
Drakmeire said:
-snip- I used my Spirit (Soul Eater) cosplay as a suit for a wedding
<spoiler=Spirit>http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/844/21951/Spirit_ref1.png
-snip-
omg do you have the tie
if so .did you buy or make it.
I made it out of a clip-on tie by cutting off the back strip putting a piece of cardboard inside to make it stay solid and pined it to the back of the tie.
it's a little to thick though so I'll have to trim it a little for when I wear it next.

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
Quaxar said:
And I do like to sport my Green Lantern, Doctor Who and various other geeky shirts on a daily base. Nobody ever gets the GL logo...
NOBODY GETS THE GREEN LANTERN LOGO?!?!?!

WHAT KINDA BACKWARDS TOWN DO YOU LIVE IN DUDE?!?!?!

For shame for the geek community....*sigh*...

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Quaxar said:
Eclectic Dreck said:
Heh, same with me only my coat is a close resemblance to John Preston's Cleric coat from Equilibrium.
You must live in the middle of nowhere. We have people that get called out for sporting the Orange Lantern Logo, or the Red Lantern Logo.

Everybody here tries to outdo each other with a combination of Geek and Obscure. It looks like I'm going to win with a Loading Ready Run t-shirt. I'm thinking the Runners shirt, but that will depend on what the LRR "Corporate" package was.