Everything is ruined!

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
So today is my birthday, and I was really looking forward to getting Borderlands for my 360. Unfortunately, it's sold out at the two places I usually buy my games, so I made some calls and looked online, and it's pretty much sold out everywhere in my entire province! Apparently they ordered way fewer than necessary, so now I'm left without a birthday present. Fuck.

So anyway, I was just wondering if anything like this had ever happened to any of you guys, or if you're dealing with the same issue regarding Borderlands, because I've heard it's not a localized problem.

Edit: My only computers are an acer netbook and a 6 year old emac with a full hard drive. Double fuck.

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
That sucks beacuse Borderlands is good. Nothing happened to me I got it the day it came out which was the 23rd for us brits. Maybe rent a game to tide you over or something. I hardly think your entire birthday was ruined though.
Well good happy haps then

Ironpanda

Apr 15, 2009
i got it 4 days after it came out while i was checking out the game section in a target just for shits and giggles and they still had plenty =/
although when i looked in a best buy it didn't even seem like they bought a single copy in the first place

The Random One

May 29, 2008
It never happened to me because I usually only buy games months after their release, at least, and years, usually. But if it makes you feel better, I can't play it either because I don't want to buy it and my rental doesn't have it. And if it makes you feel even better, here's an image macro for you to use the next time something like this happens (if you find whoever's fault it is).

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
will1182 said:
The only time I almost didn't get something I wanted was the Wii launch. Those were impossible to find for about 2 years where I live.
And nowhere near worth the fuss either.

OT: Why not get it off Amazon? Or just wait?

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
I never buy games, well... Killzone 2 and Borderlands was the last ones in 2 years. But when i buy, i always pre order

Wibble

Oct 24, 2009
Wow, worst thing ever. my friend skipped school to get borderlands for us in a nearby city. long story short, his parents found out and he had his Xbox taken away :D haaha...it was a waste of a trip anyway there wasn't one store in the whole city selling it.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, I hope you made the most of your bad luck by putting your arms in the air and screaming "NOOOOOOOO!", because chances to be dramatic are rare these days.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Omikron009 said:
So today is my birthday, and I was really looking forward to getting Borderlands for my 360. Unfortunately, it's sold out at the two places I usually buy my games, so I made some calls and looked online, and it's pretty much sold out everywhere in my entire province! Apparently they ordered way fewer than necessary, so now I'm left without a birthday present. Fuck.

So anyway, I was just wondering if anything like this had ever happened to any of you guys, or if you're dealing with the same issue regarding Borderlands, because I've heard it's not a localized problem.

Edit: My only computers are an acer netbook and a 6 year old emac with a full hard drive. Double fuck.
Same problem, same game (360 version they had 1 PS3 copy). I have been looking for it for a week now. And I finally managed to snag a copy from BlockBuster for rent. Thankfully I got unlimited rental deal so I am in no rush to return it. Oh well saved me 80 bucks (69.99 + 14% tax).

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I can't remember the last time I was looking for a game that was just released that I found out of stock. It happened to me once. After that I started preordering though.