Evil Genius Gets Busted After Taunting Cops On Facebook

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Evil Genius Gets Busted After Taunting Cops On Facebook

Here's a hint: If you're the cops are looking for you, don't post "Catch me if you can, I'm in Brooklyn" on Facebook.

It seems like there is a particularly epic amount of stupid amongst criminals these days, based on the stories that keep popping up about how they're busted thanks to (or while they're still using) Facebook. There was that guy <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107811-Criminal-Genius-Seeks-Hitman-on-Facebook>who tried to hire a hitman via a post on his wall. The one dude who kept updating his status <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111226-Man-Takes-Hostage-Comments-On-SWAT-Standoff-Via-Facebook>after he took a hostage and was in a stand-off with police. Oh, and that criminal mastermind who <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.267597-Burglar-Busted-for-Posting-Crime-Scene-Photos-on-Facebook>posted photos of himself posing with the stuff he was stealing, mid-burglary. And now there's the evil genius who was taunted the cops by saying he was in Brooklyn. Spoiler alert: This guy got caught, too.

Victor Burgos was being sought by Utica police; there were multiple arrest warrants out for him based on "domestic violence and harassment of his ex-girlfriend." In fact, his picture was featured on the police department's website as one of the county's ten-most-wanted criminals.

Apparently being featured on the website is what pushed Burgos to taunt the cops via his Facebook page. "Catch me if you can, I'm in Brooklyn," he wrote. Burgos also posted a video on Facebook of him walking into an NYPD stationhouse that was reportedly in Brooklyn.

Unsurprisingly, a task force of U.S. Marshals and NYPD detectives tracked the young man down in an apartment he was staying in, and met his challenge. Then, he was draged back up to Oneida County to face a number of criminal charges. "He told us via facebook to come and get him and we did," said Sgt. Steve Hauck of the Utica police.

Burgos claims to be a rap music promoter (under the name "R. Mack Milly"). Somehow, his upcoming prison stay doesn't seem like it'll earn him too much street cred, based on how embarrassingly stupid his arrest was.

Source: <a href=http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/07/28/2011-07-28_catch_me_if_oh_youre_here.html#ixzz1TRpV8NdC>NY Daily News

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Hey, at least there's one upside to all this stupidity. The criminals are saving the police some paperwork. Maybe he'll get a bit of a deal for practically turning himself in.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
PFFFFFFTTTTTTT HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ah, it amazeses me how stupid people can be. Police can track Facebook. That's one of their main priorites.

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
OMG! This is the guy is from my hometown. Thank god he's been caught.... In the most hilarious way ever.

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
The stupid! I CANT STAND THE STUPID AAAAH MY BRAIN.
In all seriousness this doesn't actually surprise me
Some people steal for possessions and attention...i guess he was one of those attention seeking thief's *Facepalm*

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
*sigh* If you're hiding from the police, and you want to taunt them on Facebook, the least you could do is fucking avoid saying what city you're hiding in!

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Vangaurd227 said:
The stupid! I CANT STAND THE STUPID AAAAH MY BRAIN.
In all seriousness this doesn't actually surprise me
Some people steal for possessions and attention...i guess he was one of those attention seeking thief's *Facepalm*
I believe he was wanted for domestic abuse

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Oh man, that's hilarious.

Yeah, it's generally not a good idea to go "HERE I AM, COME AT ME BRO" if you're trying to hide from the police.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
At least now he's behind bars and not behind the wheel of a car or a voting booth where he can do real damage.

(Thanks to MovieBob for that insult!)

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
"Here's a hint: If you're the cops are looking for you, don't post "Catch me if you can, I'm in Brooklyn" on Facebook."

"And now there's the evil genius who was taunted the cops by saying he was in Brooklyn."

Um.......what? Is it just me or is the grammar the first thing that caught my attention in this story?

Aside from that another amusing story

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
What is with idiots and Facebook? I guess this is the only thing in my opinion that makes FB good. It reveals idiots that deserves to go to jail.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Okay, I changed my mind. Facebook is good for ONE thing: letting really stupid criminals practically turn themselves in. If only more criminals were this stupid.