Evil Genius: Help me with my f'ed up situation

tme

Starcaller
May 21, 2009
Hello there,

I'm playing Evil Genius, and I'm in a spot where I do not know what to do.

I'm on the first island. I just got my research going, got 2 machines running around the clock to improve my base. However, I suddenly find myself overwhelmed by the forces of justice.

Approximately every 20 seconds a force lands on my island. Mostly soldiers, with the occasional saboteur squads. I regularily kill these guys, but more are coming every time. My island is filling up with body bags. I've converted half of my living space to freezers already, but the number of enemies is still growing. My island is literally littered with body bags, and no force I can muster (I have potentially 170 minions) can transport these all away. There are more coming then can be safely transported away.

I've tried to just let them run around, but they shoot everything and everyone up or destroy whole rooms. I've tried weakening, but they won't leave, even after half an hour of weakening.

I've played in this situation for about an hour now, and there is definately no end to the enemies. My heat is 0 or close to it towards all enemy factions, I do not have any agents on the world map.

At this point, I can only stop playing. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
tme said:
I think I might have had the same problem and be able to solve this one for you assuming I'm not too late.

Are you at the point where you are getting doomsday machine intelligence? I suspect you might be. If so, the soldiers will not stop until you find the one with the intel marker above his head and capture/interrogate him for the doomsday info, feel free to kill the rest of his squad. If you just kill all the soldiers a new squad will be sent shortly afterwards and it wont end.

I ended up drowning in bodies before I figured out what was going on, had to load a much earlier save because there were bodies everywhere and tourists were spotting them and getting heat and my soldiers were having to run around on code red purging the island.

tme

Starcaller
May 21, 2009
That was exactly it. Thanks, Scorched_Cascade. Capturing one of each group, then interrogating him stopped the flood of troops.

Thanks, mate!