Ex-LucasArts Legends Announce New "Old-School" Adventure Game

LightningFast

Feb 6, 2013
Keep in mind that it's the writing that makes or breaks these games. I haven't played all that many in the past, but Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (THEY'RE BACK FROM THE DEAD, BABY!) comes to mind as something that would've been a rather mediocre experience were it not for the jokes. (That said, I played it when I was 12 or so; I may not find it to be as funny now that I've matured a little more)

If I have to rub a dead dog on a lamppost for fifteen minutes to figure out what to do, at least make it enjoyable for me. I want witty banter with every other stupid mistake I make! Furthermore, I want a few of the stupid mistakes to actually lead to my character doing stupid things, because if I didn't want to see my character try put a lampshade on a pug's head and use him as a weapon, I wouldn't have pressed the "place wig on and use as weapon" button. Even the most memorable adventure games are still the same at their core. The difference is polish. Lots and lots of polish. These adventure games are criticized for not really being games and just "click shit simulators", but I like a good "click shit simulator" if it's got the right flavour. That's why I liked the Walking Dead Game (both of 'em).

Codey

Sep 9, 2009
Let me get this straight. Ron Gilbert is now kickstarting the game (well, type and style), that people expected Tim Schafer to be making when they pulled our nostalgia strings. It even has a similar goal ($375,000$ vs $400,000). The description of how the production will go sounds pretty solid as far as budget concerns. I hope he pulls it off.