Exclusive "Link on Epona" Statue Will Make Your Wallet Cry

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Exclusive "Link on Epona" Statue Will Make Your Wallet Cry

The new "Link on Epona" statue from First 4 Figures is lovingly crafted, exquisitely detailed and expensive as hell.

I'm not a "Link on Epona" statue [http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000FQBPCQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1316537259&sr=8-4] is a gorgeous piece of work. It's entirely hand-painted to a remarkable level of detail, depicting Link, sword drawn, upon his faithful steed Epona, reared back and ready to charge. It's a hefty piece too, standing 17 inches high and 16 inches long, cast in hand-finished poly-stone.
[gallery=489]
"Link on Epona" will be available in two editions, Regular and Exclusive, although both will be produced in very limited runs. Production on the Regular statue will be limited to 1500 pieces, while only 500 of the Exclusive edition will be made. Both versions will include a numbered base and an authenticity card allowing buyers to purchase the same number of the next model in the "Master Arts Twilight Princess Center Pieces" series.

And how much would you pay for a fine piece of art like this? Personally, I'd draw the line around 20 bucks but that probably wouldn't even get me the box this thing comes in. No, this bad boy is for serious fans only: the Exclusive edition of "Link on Epona" will set you back $450, while you cheapskates out there can pick up the Regular edition for only $425. Yeah, that "only" was ironic.

It is a lovely piece and I guess there are people who buy this stuff, since this is the third in a series of four similarly-priced Twilight Princess figures. But 450 bucks? I dream of the day when I have that kind of money to blow on a piece of licensed videogame memorabilia.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
What's wrong with his face!? In the first pictures, he looks like he just got off the boat from Morrowind. The other one is very nice though.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
You just know there's someone out there desperate enough for this they'll attempt to get a loan...

I had Spawn figures for a while but they just collect dust and eventually just became part of the background of my room. I imagine the same would happen for this figurine, the only reminder of it's existence you'll get is when you're bragging that you have one or when people say "You spent how much?!" after asking the price you paid.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Only $25 price diference between regular and exlcusive? That's not very exclusiveness or regularness.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
When asked about a gold nunchuck to match the gold Wii-mote Reggie said, and I quote:

"We looked into it," Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-AIme said. "It was a little more bling than I think the average consumer was looking for."
http://kotaku.com/5811330/there-will-be-no-zelda+gold-wii-nunchuk

So, an extra $20 for a gold nunchuck is a little more than people were willing to pay but then they release this???

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
For entirely too much money, you can get a nifty statue of Link. For $25 dollars more, you can get him radioactive.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
I hope those are taken at stages throughout the production process, because only the ones at the end look any good. The first few that are glossy and oddly colored look absolutely terrible.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, I WISH I COULD GET TH-

*actually looks at photo*

OH MY GOD, THAT LOOKS LIKE TOTAL SHIT! AHAHAHA, WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING?! WHAT AN UGLY PIECE OF CRAP!!

Ahahaha... Phew, okay, false alarm, no need to actually worry here people! This thing isn't worth that bullshit pricetag.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Kyogissun said:

OH MY GOD, THAT LOOKS LIKE TOTAL SHIT! AHAHAHA, WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING?! WHAT AN UGLY PIECE OF CRAP!!

Ahahaha... Phew, okay, false alarm, no need to actually worry here people! This thing isn't worth that bullshit pricetag.

View the last 3 photos though even $200 would be out of my price range let alone $425

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Lucane said:
Kyogissun said:

View the last 3 photos though even $200 would be out of my price range let alone $425
Still too 'forced realistic' looking for me IMHO.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Oh my god, that's hideous. Really, hideous. 'fanboy' is a word used all too often on this forum, but if you're willing to spend $425 minimum on this painted turd, then I think you fit the bill.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I was totally going to get this, then I saw the price. Um...pass. I spent $250 on that Aeris statue Square was selling years ago. That's about the limit of my price range for insanely-priced-video-game-stuff.

And as everyone else said, why is his face that color?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Forget that fancy exclusive (sure the horse look nice, Link not so much since it look like they forgot paint his face)! Have you click onto that First 4 Figure?
Now my wallet cry over those figures like Dark Link, Wolf Link and Midna and the many other awesome figures they have got!

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
How to make a living from mad people: chapter 1.

Cast a limited number (yet still enough to be considered bulk) of statues or figurines depicting something mad people like.

Include the number dictating which order you cast them in. Mad people like numbers. For bonus revenue, promise to give them first dibs on the same number the next time you pull this stunt.

Sell at very high price, it makes things seem more exclusive.

Eat caviar for a year.

Repeat.

Racthoh

Feb 9, 2009
The Dark Link statue on their site is definitely worth the price but this one... what is with the face and why is link so tiny compared to Epona.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Max I would pay for it? 100 bucks.

Son, I am disappoint. It doesn't even look that awesome. I've seen toys that look better than that. And what's with Link's over tan? And dead eyes?

Special, my ass.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
WANTWANTWANTWANTWANT
But I shan't get it, and shall forget about it by morning. I'll keep my money, thanks.

wolfgirl90

Mar 6, 2009
Hell, the Wolf Link and Midna exclusive figurine is about $100 cheaper than that ugly thing and it's about 20x cooler!!

https://www.first4figures.com/images/stories/products/ZTPWLX/horizontal_medium.jpg