EXP: ScrewAttack's DEATH BATTLE! - Yoshi vs. Riptor

ScrewAttack

May 16, 2013
ScrewAttack's DEATH BATTLE! - Yoshi vs. Riptor

Mario World VS Killer Instinct! Who has the biggest appetite for battle? Will Yoshi, the adorable eating machine, survive a battle with Killer Instinct's genetically engineered killer dinosaur, Riptor? Or will ferocity win the day?

Watch Video

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
My all time favorite Nintendo character against my not so favorite charatcer from one of my all time favorite fighters.

... kinda pointless, but still AWESOME! :D

And I'm super glad Yoshi wins. He's boss.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Wow ok we getting old content from ScrewAttack now? This is one of their first Deathbattles...

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I haven't seen this death battle yet, but all I can say is yay for Yoshi! :3

Solo-Wing said:
Wow ok we getting old content from ScrewAttack now? This is one of their first Deathbattles...
It makes sense though, I wasn't aware that ScrewAttack moved their content onto the Escapist until recently, so now that they're here, they might as well bring out the old content too.

Drauger

Dec 22, 2011
Yup a old one but a funny one, my main issue with death battle is.... the death battle part XD, can't they just beat the crap of each other without fatalities?, love the show I just wish they didn't had to kill each other (then it wouldn't be a death battle I know xD).

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Alfador_VII said:
Closed the video as soon as I got to the midroll ad.

NEVER do that again, Escapist.
Yeah, I'm a paying member. I paid to avoid adverts.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Solo-Wing said:
Now? Has any of their content been new thus far?

I haven't watched every one of them, but I'm yet to see actual new content from EXP.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Evil Smurf said:
Alfador_VII said:

Yeah, I'm a paying member. I paid to avoid adverts.
Unfortunately, these are a part of the Death Battle series. I would imagine the only way you won't get them is if you don't watch them.

Domogo

Aug 7, 2012
Alfador_VII said:

Ads are what support content on the internet so telling people they shouldn't have them is essentially telling them to work for no money. Also seeing as this was in the middle of a video, you could have just skipped it couldn't you? I mean really this is probably the least obnoxious ad I've ever seen, it was voiced by the people of the video so it fit the theme and it was skipable, what else do you want?

Side note: I dont think that the escapist is really in charge of what screw attack does, so in the end complaining to them is kind of pointless isn't it?

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
So is EXP ever going to have anything else on it? I remember they mentioned 'partners', and it been nothing but ScrewAttack stuff.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Domogo said:
Ads are what support content on the internet so telling people they shouldn't have them is essentially telling them to work for no money. Also seeing as this was in the middle of a video, you could have just skipped it couldn't you? I mean really this is probably the least obnoxious ad I've ever seen, it was voiced by the people of the video so it fit the theme and it was skipable, what else do you want?

Side note: I dont think that the escapist is really in charge of what screw attack does, so in the end complaining to them is kind of pointless isn't it?
Yes I don't have a problem with ads, but I don't like the ad in the middle of a short video. And yes, Escapist doesn't control where Screw Attack put their ads, but they DO (or at least should) have editorial control of what videos are posted on their site. I'd prefer them not to post short videos with ads in the middle, whatever the source. For similar reasons, I don't watch the series here with overt product placement.

KingWein22

Jun 4, 2010
I laughed at this battle. The newest one (as far as I know) is He-Man vs. Lion-O. Their older ones has a ad middle of it but the newer ones do not (like Goku vs. Superman).

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I feel dirty after sitting through that add. I'm a Publisher's Club member dammit, not some lowly peasant, I DEMAND to be treated with respect.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
ALL OF THE ADDS WERE FROM WHEN THE VIDEO WAS FIRST RELEASED! Though they no longer do it anymore in their newer vids for whatever reason; The video is absolutely identical to when it first aired on youtube. 90% of all Death Battle vids have them and I would have been surprised if I did not see it even though I always skip it.

I would assume it to be residually contractual.

Lastly some of them are targets of running gags that can be pretty funny.