EXP: ScrewAttack's Real Trailers - Zelda Hardcore

ScrewAttack

May 16, 2013
ScrewAttack's Real Trailers - Zelda Hardcore

Check out the latest game in the Zelda franchise... that's not in the Zelda franchise.

Watch Video

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
Darksiders is a lot *less* mature than most Zeldas. As in I'd be embarrassed to play it in public due to its immaturity.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Eww... People want Zelda to become hell and heaven dark? Yuck. I thought Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess filled that void.

I agree with Screw Attack. There are many 'dark' games were your character uses melee weapons and magic, go play those.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Ironically this was the least mature video I've seen this week.

Yelling a lot and telling Hyrule to "suck a dick" only makes you sound like a 12 year old.

Makes me even more glad I didn't buy Darksiders 2 :)

zefiris

Dec 3, 2011
"suck a dick"

Mature.

Look, I think the overall point is true - D2 is really a kind of Zelda and exactly as mature as the fanbois screeching for a "hardcore Zelda" want. But it's not Zelda.

See, the fanbois like Zelda. But...it looks so colorful, so kiddy, so...so...so not MANRY. So obviously the solution isn't getting a game that is exactly what they want, no, it's demanding Zelda to change.

Playing D2 wouldn't let them pretend that Zelda is SO MATURE NOW!!11one. It's about ego, not the actual game.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I'm actually replaying Darksiders 2 these days. It's an amazing game. And it makes me sad that there probably won't be another one in the series.

Flaery

Ghetto Trash
Dec 23, 2012
But I haven't been begging for a mature Zelda. A dark and gritty version of Zelda is my biggest fear.

Anyway, I've played Darksiders 2; it was okay, not my cup o' tea.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Valkrex said:
Dude, I fucking LOVED Darksiders II.
Adam Jensen said:
I'm actually replaying Darksiders 2 these days. It's an amazing game. And it makes me sad that there probably won't be another one in the series.
Wise these posters are.

I loved Darksiders 1, loves 2, makes me sad there might not be a 3. I'd rather see another Darksiders then Zelda game to be totally honest.

ThinRedPaste

Jun 20, 2012
I loved the first Darksiders, but when the second one had me doing nested fetch quests (fetch 3 things to access each of 3 other things you need to access the main one thing you want) for the 3rd time I stopped playing it. Shame, the combat and whatnot was really well done. I just felt like the game was wasting my time at that point.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
Played lots of zeldas, and I played the first DarkSiders. The game was a brown/gray mush with nothing more then an ash wasteland around you. Boring, I never made the connection between Zelda and Darksiders because of the complete difference in one key factor. Did it make you want to pick it up to play again? Zelda had me chopping at the bit to pick it up to challenge the dungeons or just to see the interesting land and people. DarkSiders was more like a chore.

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
All the cursing and swearing in the video is out of frustration, because it is absolutely right.

Darksiders2 was amazing. I went from "Skyward sword, what the hell are you doing, why why why no why" to darksiders2.

There was a point when i was exploring, opened a chest, and found a dungeon map.
.....COMPLETELY unaware I had entered a dungeon.

My stance remains, Darksiders is more "Zelda" than Zelda is.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I enjoyed Darksiders II, I think in some respects Zelda could learn from it. However Zelda has the "mature" themes if you look for them, especially Majora's Mask, plus I don't need things to dark and dreary all the time. Even Twilight Princess which was meant to be darker looking still had the lighthearted tones you'll find in other Zelda games. I want Zelda games to keep their whimsy and uniqueness, where it does sword and sorcery it's own way.

gamernerdtg2

Jan 2, 2013
Man, Zelda is Zelda - it's from Nintendo and it's supposed to be mystic and bubbly. It's supposed to appeal to many people, whereas Darksiders is a mature game that appeals to a limited audience. Zelda will always be more prominent than Darksiders.

I completely understand the frustration over Darksiders II though - it was well advertised, and the combat looks amazing. No one bought it. That's the one thing that I'm perplexed over - it seems like this generation wants more turn based or strategy based RPG's than gritty action based games. I really don't know, it's just an observation. I don't know enough about the statistics or the industry to comment on the trends. I DO wish that games with good combat (ie solid gameplay) would be just as successful on consoles as games with terrible gameplay like Skyrim. I guess that's too much to ask.

Thank goodness for indie developers, 360 live and PSN, without which there would be no Shadow Complex, Maw, Legend of Han Tao, Journey, Dust, and the list could go on.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
More like "Offline of Warcraft" than Zelda. Darksiders 1 is better, if you made a sequel worse than the original so the franchise will be...

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
so... this was retarded.
I mean, just for starters, its HOW many years out of date?
This just... wasn't funny at all. are you THAT desperate for content, Mr. Pitts?
I'll write you a weekly article series, and all you need to pay me is a lack of THIS stuff on the site.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Darksiders 2 is fun but it truly is some kind of early teenage white boy fantasy. It's such a self-parody that it's hard for me to play. I definitely like the evolution of the gameplay from the original though, and only hope for the best.

And for the love of all that is just and moral, help that fucking story make sense. Maybe it's all the vague, grandiose fantasy terms flung about, but I don't know what the hell is going on. I thought I was one of the Four Horsemen, but they're Nephilim? What's that? What does the Crowfather have to do with ANYTHING AT ALL! It makes me feel like I started The Wheel of Time on page 500 of book 9.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
Valkrex said:
Dude, I fucking LOVED Darksiders II.
Adam Jensen said:
Wise these posters are.

I loved Darksiders 1, loves 2, makes me sad there might not be a 3. I'd rather see another Darksiders then Zelda game to be totally honest.
I finished the first an have 2, it runs well on my PC and I will get to it when I finish a couple other games. I'd love to see a third, I know I will enjoy the second as I played up to where you fight
War, or at least some copy of him.
And it was really good.

I like Zelda too, and calling Darksiders a ripoff like people were doesn't make sense really, it has similar elements sure, but it had its own pace and way of doing things, not to mention a setting that I don't feel has been used all that often. I mean, a lot of games we love have concepts that have existed before that game did.

This video though, eugh...