EXP: ScrewAttack's The Best EVER! - Pokemon

ScrewAttack

May 16, 2013
ScrewAttack's The Best EVER! - Pokemon

The Pokemon franchise has spanned generations, both in the players that enjoy the games and the creatures that inhabit those cartridges. Out of the hundreds of Pocket Monsters, which are the best EVER?

Watch Video

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Best ever Pokemon? Articuno, the Cryo-pheonix. By far the loveliest of the legendary birds, with an Ice Beam that can shatter even the most stalwart Dragonite. Ice type moves and pokemon were rare as hell back in the day, with only five Ice-type pokemon (Dewgong, Jynx, Lapras, Cloyster, Articuno) and only three moves (Aurora Beam, Ice Beam, Blizzard). Articuno was the only one with the best move right off the bat, and didn't die instantly to Bruno's Onix or Lance's Gyarados.

Killclaw Kilrathi

Crocuta Crocuta
Dec 28, 2010
As much as I know he's not the most powerful or the flashiest, my best ever would be Jolteon. He was my main man in the first gen games, and he's still got the lead role in my lineup on Y. I think it's partly the nostalgia of having him around for so many generations, and partly the fact that I just find him the coolest looking. Not to mention Thunder in Y makes him look like he's summoning the wrath of the gods to smite my enemies. So, take that, 11 year old girl trainer with a single lowbie normal type!

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I have no idea how many times I've said it on the forums, but it's Reshiram from Pokemon Black and White. I like its look, typing, back story, learn set, just about everything about it appeals to me for some reason.

Nemusus

Jun 10, 2013
Sableye is just plain ruthless. It will literally just sit there chucking out priority Taunts, Toxics, Will-o-Wisps, Recovers... the amount of rage-quitting it triggers is too damn high.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Silly Nick. FEARpy is better than FEARatatta. I remember I had only 5 Pokemon and had to get ready for a battle against my friend, so I bred a special Phanpy for our battle just to add insult to injury. I let her take my Weavile so I could safely bring in FEARpy to her last-man-standing Rapidash, and then the fireworks happened (and my friend before that was completely unaware of the FEAR technique). It's the same deal as with Ratatta, but exchange quick attack with ice shard (which has to be bred in), and you have the added benefit of being immune to thunder wave and electric-based paralysis as well as sandstorm.

My favourite Pokemon is definitely Raichu. Raichu may suck but damn it, look at his chubby little face *squish-hug*.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
I'm one of those people who fills his team with Pokemon I like design-wise, even if the type balance is off or they don't have very good movesets. Playing through Pokemon Y I had yet to find one Pokemon that made me say "Your staying no matter what". That is until I met Goomy.

Not only is Goomy a Dragon type but he's a cute little slime. I admit I've always had a thing for cute slime creatures. I've once even played through The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker refusing to kill any Chu Chus because I thought they were adorable. Being able to have a cute little slime fighting for me is like a dream come true.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
T-Shirt Turtle said:
I'm one of those people who fills his team with Pokemon I like design-wise, even if the type balance is off or they don't have very good movesets. Playing through Pokemon Y I had yet to find one Pokemon that made me say "Your staying no matter what". That is until I met Goomy.

Not only is Goomy a Dragon type but he's a cute little slime. I admit I've always had a thing for cute slime creatures. I've once even played through The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker refusing to kill any Chu Chus because I thought they were adorable. Being able to have a cute little slime fighting for me is like a dream come true.
Your image didn't show up, you did everything right, but you don't need to capitalize the "img" word. In case anyone doesn't know who the glorious Goomy is, BEHOLD!

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
Hero of Lime said:
T-Shirt Turtle said:

Your image didn't show up, you did everything right, but you don't need to capitalize the "img" word. In case anyone doesn't know who the glorious Goomy is, BEHOLD!

Sorry about that, most forums I visit require the img to be capitalized. Allow me to fix my image so that more people can gaze upon Goomy's squishy greatness.

EDIT: Ok should be working now

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
T-Shirt Turtle said:
Sorry about that, most forums I visit require the img to be capitalized. Allow me to fix my image so that more people can gaze upon Goomy's squishy greatness.

EDIT: Ok one sec something is wrong here >.<
I tried using your link at first but it didn't seem to work. Though I think my ridiculously huge Goomy pic is satisfactory. XD

Edit: Those Goomys are cute enough, carry on!

Max Schafer

Jan 11, 2013
I know people always trash talk him because "HURR HURR, CHARMANDER IS BEST STARTER, LOL", but goddamnit, I love my Bulbasaur. He wrecks everything if you train him right, and he evolves into a giant flower-dinosaur TANK. He always led my party regardless of who else was in it.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I remember the first time I saw a FEAR-ttata, and yeah I was like, well shit. Then I had a vaporeon with leftovers for it to fight and just stomped the little fuck into the ground and proceeded to destroy the person I battled cause that was like their big plan for some reason.

As for my best pokemon ever, well, that's a three way tie.

<spoiler=Vaporeon>
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/295/a/7/Realstic_Vaporeon_by_Leashe.jpg
Vaporeon pulled major work in G/S/C for me, tanking three T-bolts (two crits) from a mewtwo and beating its ass into submission after. Since then its been a stalwart on my team and usually my water backbone. It's hard for me to pick any water type if I have the optino for vaporeon.

<spoiler=Empoleon>
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp360/ZebraRandig/Realistic%20Pokemon/Empoleon.jpg
Unless of course its empoleon! Empoleon was beast to me, even after everyone was like "oh, piplup's got a dumb design" "oh, piplup's so dumb, you can get a turtle with a tree or a fighting monkey instead" "oh piplup doesnt learn any moves." all fair points, however, that dual steel, DAT DUAL STEEL made him beast, and i hold him as the best water starter in the game, yes even over swampert (though both are basically the same resist and weakness wise in terms of numbers). Besides, Empoleon can't be toxic'd. huge advantage.

<spoiler=Venusaur>
http://www.animalhi.com/thumbnails/detail/20121109/nintendo%20pokemon%20video%20games%20bulbasaur%20venusaur%20ivysaur%20insects%20digital%20art%20artwork%20white%20background_www.animalhi.com_72.jpg
My third would probably be bulbsaur especially in sixth gen. He's just so versitile, either an attacker, supporter, minor tanker. Gets that grass/poison with enough powders to cripple. Plus with how early you get venoshock, I mean raelly? I had bulb then, with Poi. Powder, and found that TM and just cruised straight through anyone who didnt resist/immune poison. and when I got sludge bomb to tandem, oh man.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Absols appear where disasters will happen or have happened. I keep one in my party so my enemies know they're going down.

Also, their attack stat is enormous, on par with legendaries.

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
Sorry nick, both my Lucario with Extremespeed, and my ghostly Aegislash completely wreck your plans. Also anyone that figures out what you're doing and switches out, instead of letting you get that last little tap in.

Enderking

Jan 10, 2014
Hmm the 5 gen water starter oshawott when I first saw that thing said awww and pick it and everyone said that its is soo ugly and its so weak and useless i said HAIGO CANNON BITCHES