EXP: ScrewAttack's Top 5 Best (and Worst) Nintendo E3 Moments

ScrewAttack

May 16, 2013
ScrewAttack's Top 5 Best (and Worst) Nintendo E3 Moments

Nintendo has had some great moments at E3, but they've also had their fair share of blunders, also.

Watch Video

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
As someone who has never played the Legend of Zelda games all the way through (I've sat down and managed to play a few at least a little), I can see why the fans love it so much. I'm a fan, even if I've not had the same immersion as some others.

Poor Nintendo... hopefully you'll manage to pump out some Wii U games soon.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
God, I will never forget first seeing that Twilight Princess reveal trailer. Such a fantastic moment. Good choice for #1. Hoping for a new Zelda announcement this year (was not a fan of Skyward Sword)

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Can't believe Nintendo aren't even having an E3 conference this year. Do they even care any more?

And no, streaming a thingy doesn't count.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Anoni Mus said:
Doubt they'll announce new Zelda. SS came out in 2011. And there's already Windwaker HD and LTTP2 coming out soon.?
They should have showed those at this years E3. People would go mental over them.
Alfador_VII said:
Can't believe Nintendo aren't even having an E3 conference this year. Do they even care any more?

And no, streaming a thingy doesn't count.
Given that all the attention will be given to the xbone and PS4, perhaps they thought that it wasn't worth the effort this year.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Did...did they just diss Wind Waker?
Anoni Mus said:
Doubt they'll announce new Zelda. SS came out in 2011. And there's already Windwaker HD and LTTP2 coming out soon.

I hope they end the Nintendo direct with a new mindblowing 3D Mario. I mean, after going to space what can they improve? Time control abilities?
They tried that once...it wasn't pretty...

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
kailus13 said:
Given that all the attention will be given to the xbone and PS4, perhaps they thought that it wasn't worth the effort this year.
And it's not like they actually have a current machine with any support for it.. well other than handheld :)

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
If I could only figure out how to step into alternate timelines, I could find the one where we have the Gamecube 3, and I would never look back.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
NpPro93 said:
God, I will never forget first seeing that Twilight Princess reveal trailer. Such a fantastic moment. Good choice for #1. Hoping for a new Zelda announcement this year (was not a fan of Skyward Sword)
Hearing the crowd roar at the start was spine-tingling, then again at the end where he shows off his fancy sword-sheathing. Even just from watching a mediocre quality YouTube video, you can tell the room must have been electric :D At first, I thought #1 was something else and was really disappointed haha.

To be honest, while I'm a huge fan of Zelda, I'm not fussed whether they announce a new console Zelda this year: if they do, it'll be exciting, yes, but it'll also mean I'll have to buy a Wii U if I want to play it, and I'd rather wait till they've had a few price drops first. Unless they've decided to pull another Majora's Mask and use an improved Skyward Sword engine to release a new game very soon on the Wii that ends up being one of the best in the series; that would be just fine :D

Crazie_Guy said:
If I could only figure out how to step into alternate timelines, I could find the one where we have the Gamecube 3, and I would never look back.
What a console the Gamecube was :') Wind Waker, Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess, Double Dash, Luigi's Mansion... Sonic Adventure 2 as well; even though it was first released on Dreamcast, it's one of my favourites. Instead of Gamecube 3, I'd rather they were just still releasing games for the original one.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Did...did they just diss Wind Waker?
Yeah, was really going to be my only point commenting.

Cell-shaded graphics does not equal kiddy. Wind Waker was far from kiddy. Seriously, it is one of the best Legend of Zelda games ever made. It sits atop my list of LoZ games:

1.)Wind Waker
2.)Combinded: Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons.
3.)Link to the Past
4.)Ocarina of Time
5.)The Legend of Zelda

So far at the very bottom of my list is both Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass, because games built around time mechanics and timed repeat dungeons can sod the hell off. I play games to relax and have fun; I like taking my time to explore and complete parts of games on my own accord and time.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Anoni Mus said:
Doubt they'll announce new Zelda. SS came out in 2011. And there's already Windwaker HD and LTTP2 coming out soon.

I hope they end the Nintendo direct with a new mindblowing 3D Mario. I mean, after going to space what can they improve? Time control abilities?
I feel like a Super Mario Kingdom game would be better.

Basically a free roam Mario experience in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Alar said:
As someone who has never played the Legend of Zelda games all the way through (I've sat down and managed to play a few at least a little), I can see why the fans love it so much. I'm a fan, even if I've not had the same immersion as some others.

Poor Nintendo... hopefully you'll manage to pump out some Wii U games soon.
They will. They have around 6 known titles in the works currently.

Also, is that Kuroneko as your avatar? Kuroneko SMILING? That seems incredibly wierd.
That it is, my friend... that it is. I think it's from one of the EDs?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Oh god, the 2008 conference. THAT was the first time I decided to watch an E3 conference live. The only thing-and I mean the ONLY thing-that I cared about was when they said "Grand Theft Auto for DS", and that was literally all they had to say or show about the game. Ughhhhhhhhhh.

2010's conference kicked ass though. It was the polar opposite of 2008's in just about every way.

Korgoth

Jun 19, 2013
There was one reason I was excited for the Bio Sensor. A Japanese exclusive, Tetris 64 and it's mode Bio-Tetris. The speed of the game was determined by your heart-rate.