Experimenting With Movie Bob's Game Gale's Poses (Pic heavy)

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Tuche Asita, tuche.

As for yours:
The First one suggests confidence to me, like a just completed a job or is about to get something started.

The Second One I say more alluring. The Pose is slightly in an unnatural pose but not by much. She is more clothed then Morigan but I still get that. The fan completes it for me. I don't know enough of Japanese culture to know if that has other meanings but for not it works for me.

The Last one is scared or at least on edge. She has her weapon on the ready and is looking all around her.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Fist set.
1. Likely a douche.

2. I'm so steering clear of that.

3. EMOTE DAMN IT!!!!

Second set.

1. Friendly.

2. I. . . . . .Umm. . . . . . . Blue?

3. Damn she has long legs, it's hard to think of anything else.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Asita said:
You know what? I think I'll add to the fun with some entries of my own.

1. *grumble grumble* guns....cod....*grumble* splosion

2.I have a fan, do you like fans?

3.what the....FUCK?

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
First set:

1. Incredible discomfort yet an attempt to be happy regardless.
2. Seduction and control.
3. A tough, inspirational warrior.

Second set:

1. Really friendly.
2. That picture really doesn't convey anything. It just looks too awkward.
3. Happy. Confident. Probably a very kind person.

Asita said:

1. Too busy posing to realize he's about to fall off a cliff.
2. Both aggression and seduction.
3. Concerned yet confident. Also looks like she may be leading a bunch of idiots that just did something idiotic.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Asita said:

1. Oh hey, its the generic soldier walking towards the camera pose that's been one the last dozen or so modern military shooter games. Wash out his colors and add some blue or orange and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

2. Is she waving at the audience? I guess playful maybe, she's definitely posing like she's got wind powers, or at least has that convenient dramatic breeze that all superheroes seem to posses, especially the ones with capes or long hair. definitely going for a certain amount of sex appeal with the hair and look, but I don't know anything about this character.

3. Cautious, and/or exasperated, looking over the shoulder is usually a sign of looking out for danger, or waiting for something unpleasant to happen. Maybe my knowledge of the game is influencing my answer, but it could also be alertness, listening intently for zombies or something like that.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
1: P-I-M-P

2: You know you want to do me, but it will end badly for you, but she's a succubus so I guess that makes a lot of sense.

3: Who the hell designed your armor? The shoulder pads are so huge it would interfere with your peripheral vision, plus they look like they weigh 150 lbs each. And where is your helmet?

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Set One:
1. Uncomfortable, bored and faking enthusiasm, he really just looks like he wants the photo shoot to be done already so he can go home.

2. Relaxed, listening to a somewhat interesting person talk, her outfit portrays "seduction" more than her pose IMO.

3. Emotionless, day dreaming.

---
Set Two:
1. Happy, perky and probably annoying.

2. Awkward, like she's trying to hard to get the fighting pose right.

3. Awkward, like she's trying to hard to get the fighting pose right, but she's doing it with a smile on her face!

(Did anyone else notice pose #2 and #3 are pretty much the same exact pose reflected?)

---
Set Three: (courtesy of Asita)

1. Emotionless, day dreaming.

2. Maybe a little flirty in the pose, but her facial expression looks like she just couldn't give a shit.

3. Really annoyed.

---

Let's try a set all from the same game. Two male characters and two female characters

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Time for a 4th set.

1. Sub Zero from the Mortal Kombat series

2. Lulu from Final Fantasy X (she's the one int he black dress)

3. Dagger From Final Fantasy IX

My take

1. Standard hero pose, but I might say confidence or on the ready, if nothing else tense.

2. The face might have soft and gentle touches, but the way the arm is outstreched is saying protective.

3. Prayerful or Penitent.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
@saint:

1) Demonstrative toughness. Looks to be looking down on people (literally, not figuratively), I could easily see this pose be immediately preceded by "Do you really think you can match my power?", "I think it's time that they learned how unforgiving the cold can be", or something along those lines.
2) Getting it out of the way, I still don't see the point of those belts in the dress. Pose wise, it definitely says protective. Face is inscrutable and could as easily be read to mean that whatever she's facing is beneath her as it could mean that she is simply duty bound to protect and lay down her life without a second thought. I lean more towards the former than the latter given the smoke dispersing at her feet, which seems to imply that she just blocked an attack.
3)Definitely praying. Not really much leeway in the interpretation there. Character's obviously reverent to one degree or another. Outfit's very plain but it's surprisingly form-fitting in a way I wouldn't expect of cheap apparel.

Eclipse Dragon said:
Let's try a set all from the same game. Two male characters and two female characters

...Anyone else getting broken links there? Because I'm getting broken links there.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Asita said:
...Anyone else getting broken links there? Because I'm getting broken links there.
Boo that website, the images should be fixed now, thanks for telling me.

Silvver

Aug 21, 2009
1. Gun is symbol for Penis stroking his chin.
2. Right hand is performing air fellatio (Air guitar style)
3. Her hand is on the gun which symbolizes a penis..

Hmm..whole lotta Penis imagery there!

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Eclipse Dragon said:

1. Viciously aggressive.
2. Reserved and contemplative. Looks like he enjoys telling jokes and has a little bit of an ego.
3. She looks like she is enjoying a nice exploration while looking out over a cliff.
4. Confident, yet reserved enough to think clearly.

saint of m said:
Time for a 4th set.

1. Sub Zero from the Mortal Kombat series

2. Lulu from Final Fantasy X (she's the one int he black dress)

3. Dagger From Final Fantasy IX

1. Confident yet somewhat fearful. It just appears that he believes he may have to fight at any minute, but he's sure he can take on whatever comes his way.
2. Confident and authoritative. Probably the type that looks like she doesn't care about anyone regardless of how much she does.
3. Peaceful and religious.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
...Actually, come to think of it, this entire exercised is compromised by the very fact that we were directly told exactly what results were being tested for and the expected results were very strongly implied. From the get go, the premise leading into the question is 'character b is presented more sexually than character a'. That predisposes us to certain thought processes, such as what non-sexual interpretations can be found in character b while simultaneously making us zero in on the sexual aspects of a. It's almost a textbook example of a leading question. In effect, this is less useful as a test of 'what do you see' and better suited to testing how much expectation prejudices results...problem being that we lack a control to compare it against.

That aside though, let's look at Eclipse's characters.

(Side note: Finally, characters I don't know the gritty details about! I can finally guess without fear of prejudice! :D)

Character 1: Mid combat. Character's wielding a great axe so obviously is possessed of some strength and favors a fairly brute force approach. Character's armor is well maintained, given the coloring and the cape I'd venture to guess he's either fairly high ranking military or part of a prestigious (royal?) guard (former being more likely given characters 3 and 4). Fraying of the cape suggests that he's been in that position for some time, and he's obviously seen some combat over the years. He's a veteran character, probably more stalwart than aggressive.

Character 2: Night to the prior character's day. Apparently a roguish type, of the 'I had to scrape for everything' variety. Possessed of a certain cockiness which suggests he's good at his job and I'd venture to guess he's an observant character, and much like character 1 he's been around the block a few times but took very different lessons from it. While I won't say that he enjoys the 'finer' things in life, the pipe and the way he's holding it does suggest a fondness for material comfort. He's not particularly well off (or at least not in a position to flaunt his wealth) but he's not poor either. Very likely a member of a larger guild, whether it be of assassins or thieves. Eyes say he's comfortable killing, expression says he's comfortable around people, so either is very possible.

Character 3: Getting it out of the way, she needs pants. What parts of her are armored practically scream military. Between the sporadic armoring focused on her upper body (and its composition), the spear and the straps on her belt, my money would be that she's a rider of some sort, favoring mobility over defense. ...Are there flying mounts in that game? What we can see of her face isn't telling me much...experience with other media suggests to me that the continued use of the helmet indicates that while she's trained, she hasn't seen much direct combat. What that means for her personality, I won't venture to guess.

Character 4: 'Lady of War'. Expression says she's confident, definitely has some strength behind her. Ornamentation on the armor suggests royal guard if not warrior queen (latter seeming most probable given the impeccable state of her armor and the cloth under it and the sheer volume of hair she has).

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
SO Ashita, I may have skewed my results on accident. Ouch.

As for Eclipse Dragon's second donation:

1. Aggressive. From the way he's arching his ax, and stepping forward. He's preparing to strike and strike hard.

2.Calm and easy going. The crossed arms could be defensive sig but the slight bend in his leg, the pipe, and the grin put a relaxed overall image.

3. This one is conflicting. Overall I'm thinking a sudden guest has just occurred with th eway she's holding her helm, but she's also in a slight curve standing position which is almost a come hither sighn. So Demure and hay arnt I cute?

4. Lady of war. The bent left arm goes well with the superman/wonder woman pose, and is a display of power and confidence. She's standing strait, and her ax/halberd is in a none aggressive position. Definitely the silk glove in an iron gauntlet.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:

1: Aggressive (or assertive), Stern and Experienced... maybe a little brutish too. His armor is practical and his clothing looks well worn. I get the feeling he's motivated by something highly personal and might not be the best of leaders as a result. I'd guess that he's a good guy with a rough history or bad guy with a sympathetic one.

2: Cunning, Confident, Intelligent. His attire depicts a man of multiple talents. Very strong rogue vibe. I get a sense of wisdom but thats primarily the Pipe, not the pose. I wouldn't trust him to be an outright good guy.

3: Is she holding the helmet due to wind or due to it being too big for her head? The latter would give her an air of naivety.
Anyway...
She seems relaxed and good natured. Honestly, the image is notably harder to read then the other characters. Very plain. If I was to guess what her role is, it would be light cavalry or infantry... maybe a scout? I doubt she's a heavy hitter.

4: I get equal sense of pride and vanity off this image. Her armour is highly lavished... more informed by style then practicality or comfort, likely as a result of her social standing. Her pose gives her a sense of confidence touching on arrogance. Likely fed on a silver spoon but accustomed to conflict none the less. Her reasons to fight are for personal gains or political gains. Not sure of her allignment, but I wouldn't cross her.

How did I do? I don't know any of these characters or what game they are from (at a guess, is it fire emblem?).

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Ragsnstitches said:
Eclipse Dragon said:

1: Aggressive (or assertive), Stern and Experienced... maybe a little brutish too. His armor is practical and his clothing looks well worn. I get the feeling he's motivated by something highly personal and might not be the best of leaders as a result. I'd guess that he's a good guy with a rough history or bad guy with a sympathetic one.

2: Cunning, Confident, Intelligent. His attire depicts a man of multiple talents. Very strong rogue vibe. I get a sense of wisdom but thats primarily the Pipe, not the pose. I wouldn't trust him to be an outright good guy.

3: Is she holding the helmet due to wind or due to it being too big for her head? The latter would give her an air of naivety.
Anyway...
She seems relaxed and good natured. Honestly, the image is notably harder to read then the other characters. Very plain. If I was to guess what her role is, it would be light cavalry or infantry... maybe a scout? I doubt she's a heavy hitter.

4: I get equal sense of pride and vanity off this image. Her armour is highly lavished... more informed by style then practicality or comfort, likely as a result of her social standing. Her pose gives her a sense of confidence touching on arrogance. Likely fed on a silver spoon but accustomed to conflict none the less. Her reasons to fight are for personal gains or political gains. Not sure of her allignment, but I wouldn't cross her.

How did I do? I don't know any of these characters or what game they are from (at a guess, is it fire emblem?).

I don't think there is any right answer, just your opinion. If its what the original artists intended they did their job. If not they failed.

One note though: outside of a few, most of the ladies shown have not been in the over sexed variety. Not that there hasn't been a few images that are that way, but I am starting to think Movie Bob might be presumptive in his descriptions in that one video. That said. I won't have a good idea until the 100th pic if this thread lasts that long.