Expert Says Blaming Videogames for Violence is Racist

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
People need to work on their reading comprehension, christ. Looking at all the comments calling the article stupid CLEARLY without having read it is just sad.

OT: Great read, and very very good points. I've never even thought about it like that but he's right.

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
EverythingIncredible said:
Racism? Really? We're going there?

That is stupid.
I actually think he's right...

everyone's a little bit racist. usually that's subcontious.

but in this case, It's true that shootings in minority groups aren't blamed on videogames if they are even reported at all....

It's a sad thing.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Not going to lie, but the title actually made me laugh so hard i nearly fell off my bed xD

But still, Racism...really? *Sigh* wake me up when this is over -.-

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
joinchoir said:
Corporal Yakob said:
If video-games are a race now, can I play the race card?
No but you can always play Mario Kart.
*tips hat* well played sir, well played xD

If my internet wasn't being such a twat-in-a-box i would find a cookie for you!

The_Vigilant

Jul 13, 2011
I feel like a lot of people read the title and responded. The whole stance was perfectly reasonable including the portion about racism. It's more about what's not said than what's said. Take the expression "white trash" as an analogy. Given that there is no "black trash" "hispanic trash" etc. to go with it, the implication is that a white person of low socioeconomic status or education is trash among whites, while a similar person amongst other racial backgrounds is simply par for the course.

Similarly, failing to cite video games for black inner city violence implies a presumption that this sort of behavior is understandable for blacks, but requires a culprit when committed by whites.