Explain Your Username

winston555

Jun 9, 2013
Let's see people what is your nickname :) what you using in the game meaning :) I will start first i use nickname Nemesis and his mean opponent that cannot be beaten or overcome. Superman may have been the Man of Steel, but Kryptonite was his nemesis. for example and its also enemy and a source of harm or ruin.So what is your nickname

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Doodlecrazy, because I was like, "I have no idea want to use as my username" to which my friend said "you doodle a lot so use doodle"
It was already taken so he grabbed my controller, put crazy on the end, and that is what I've been identified as online since.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Back around '97, some friends and I regularly got together, set up a LAN, and played some multiplayer Quake or Red Alert. The first couple times I just picked a random nickname from whatever I saw or heard around the room. Then this one time one of my friends put on a song that I rather liked. I asked him what band it was from and he told me Limp Bizkit.

I liked the way that sounded, but I didn't want to just copy it, so I changed it to Chimp Nitwitz. The name stuck and I used it for a long time, though around the time I joined the Escapist I shortened it to just chimpzy. Been that way ever since.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I could be mistaken, but I think this belongs more in the off-topic board than the gaming board. Just as a heads up there.

Anyway, mine comes from two of my favorite books. The 42 is fairly obvious, I'm a hitchhiker's fan. The Strain comes from the novel Pest Control by Bill Fitzhugh where the main character breeds assassin bugs which he calls Strains 1-4.

So essentially making me the 42nd experiment in the field of breeding assassin bugs :p

6urk17s

Nov 16, 2010
It is leetified( I was young god damn it) word "Gurķīts"(Proper term is "gurķītis"), which is derived from the Latvian word "Gurķis", which means cumcumber, while "gurķītis" is more of a cute word. Like, for example, the latvian word for bear is "Lācis", but if you want to use the word in a more friendlier way, say a teddy bear, then you use "Lācītis", or cat("kaķis") and kitty("kaķītis"). It can be done for almost all nouns.

Anyway, the reason for calling myself cucumber is lost to me, as I first started using it 3-6 years ago, as previously I used to go by "mustang" in my Runescape days. I got sick of it, so when I stopped playing Runescape and started pubing around in CS 1.6, I switched to Left4Gurkis, and then it went trough several variations, until it became The_Gurk1s, which is the most used variation. There was a brief period I went by Gurk4ever, but in this brief moment I made my Youtube and my Wargaming.net(WoT,WoWp) account.

Despite this, "Gurķis" is somewhat popular name, so for the past year I have switched over to using "SunnyBittern" as my handle, derived from the South American bird Sun bittern. So most places where I have "Gurķis" or a variation of that is a place I registered before December 2012.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
I have a question in relation to mine, how many people read it "Goat thief"?

Well, you're wrong but it happens so often. It's "GOA thief" - explanation is pretty simple if you check Steam from my profile here on the Escapist. :)

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
It began in Runescape. There were five of us then. Now, Verns 1 through 4 are dead.

I am the last of my kind.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
From the last thread like this:
Aeshi said:
It's short, easy to remember & type, usually isn't already taken and has pretty high placement in alphabetical lists (if not first place) by virtue of starting with "Ae"

Perfect.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Gethsemani is the garden in Jerusalem where Judas betrayed Jesus. It is simply a biblical motif that happened to stick with me.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'll use my explanation from another thread like this.

I love the Legend of Zelda, I love Link, he is referred to as the Hero of Time. Hero if Time was already taken on the Escapist, so I chose to make a silly pun, thus the Hero of Lime username was born.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Captain Morgan has been my nickname for the past 17 years.

The crazy part was added in when I chased a couple of mouthy, whiny cabbage-patch mongoloid children with a pair of ferret nunchuks. True story.

That, and the over-obsessive use of swords for solving problems ranging from culinary to lawn care.

And I'm a sucker for cute shit.

Tusalu

Sep 6, 2010
I generally use one of two names online. Either Tusalu, which is the first two letters of my first, middle, and surname: Tu Sa Lu, or I use Rusten Skurk which is Danish (my native language) for Rusty Villain. For the last one I was just trying out a lot of funny names while gaming, and this one stuck. Skurk just sounds inherently funny.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I am a fan of Norse mythology, and picked a name accordingly.
There's little more to it than that.

CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Which explains the avatar. :D

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
King of Asgaard said:

CrazyCapnMorgan said:
And the Kirby badge!

EDIT:

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Didn't we have one of these not too long ago? Fuck it, it beats having all the rape/sexism/transgender threads.

Anyways, since you asked...

Baron Dante

Blitzwing

A Tank

Add a "Von" inbetween for coolness sake, and there we go:

Baron von Blitztank

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
King of Asgaard said:

CrazyCapnMorgan said:
And the Kirby badge!
I hadn't even noticed the badge until you pointed it out ohmylordthatisadorable! O_O
Even angry, blade-wielding Kirby is adorable, due in large part to that hat.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I prefer being a silent guy when it comes to my games. Protagonists who don't agree with me don't really mesh well I've found; it becomes harder for me to enjoy a game because of that. =D

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Well, I never really had a good username. It tended to change a lot. Then one day I was on the UESPWiki in the mods section and saw that one of the guys was named Gandalf, and was like,"You know I like lord of the Rings So I shall make a Lord of the Rings handle." I knew Aragon would never ever be open, and he is the lost king of Gondor. Hmmmmm the lost king. Ta-da. I now have that online handle I always needed.

Skeith2005

Master Of Mashed Potatoes
Aug 31, 2008
I was a huge fan of .hack when SIGN came out, and I came up with this name when I got a hold of .hack//INFECTION (although, I got it when it was released in '03, I thought a name ending in 3 looked funny, so I upped it to 5), because, for some reason, I just really liked Skeith. I thought he was awesome.