Explain Your Username

lordmardok

Mar 25, 2010
Mine is a reference to one of my favorite old games of all time. I have never met anyone who has played it besides myself and my brother but I'm sure they're out there.

Lord Mardok was a mythological figure in the game Septerra Core.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
GoaThief said:
I have a question in relation to mine, how many people read it "Goat thief"?

Well, you're wrong but it happens so often. It's "GOA thief" - explanation is pretty simple if you check Steam from my profile here on the Escapist. :)
You can change it so that your username reads "Goa Thief." Mine read "ExiusXavarus" before I changed it to the way it should be. You get one free name change and you can change capitalization as many times as you like.

Mine's a combination of two separate usernames I've gone by. Xavarus originally started as Xavar when I was playing as a Water Taoist in ConquerOnline. Exius was the name I chose for my Human Fighter in R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud. When I started playing Guild Wars, I needed a first and last name. So I changed Xavar to Xavarus and used it as the surname for all of my characters except one. My main character came out as Exius Xavarus. I suppose it's just stuck with me, since.

NinjaSniperAssassin

Sep 19, 2012
I came up with the name during my Borderlands 2 phase. My character of choice was a ninja who used sniper rifles to assassinate baddies. Fairly straightforward.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Charizard is the best pokemon and Shiny Charizard is even better. That was my thought process on the matter.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
My initials are BJL, so people either refer to me as my first name or as BJ. I wanted some sort of title to come before my name if I was going to use it as a username, for alliterative purposes Baron matched best, hence the monicker of Baron BJ.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Mine is a combo of Darkman and my first email address. When i first registered my Email rjh was taken but it suggested adding 63 and I've used 63 on alot of my online stuff ever since.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
I've used Jaythulhu since 1985 when I was playing muds on a local bbs (though way back in those days I had to spell it Jaythulu, cos you could only have 8 letters/numbers max).

My name's Jay and I was (and still am) a huge Lovecraft fan. I wish there was something deeper to it, but hell, I was 7.

Torque2100

Nov 20, 2008
I've been through a few Net Names. For a while I was Nightspawn (named for a certain Palladium RPG. God I had terrible taste as a kid). However around the time I was 16 I realized that Nightspawn sounds like the kind of name a 14 year old would give his horrible garage band in 1991. My friends and I were talking about cars and the subject of Torque came up. I decided I liked the way the word sounded so I set my username to that on UT2k4 and the rest is history. The 2100 bit came later, it was just a random number I pulled out of my head so that it would be less likely that the username was taken.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
Foxy-Boo.

it's a nickname given to me by my daddy, because we have been working on a series of stories together. The character I made is a anthro fox named Licorice Mint Donahue (see also: my avatar) and she is closely based on me, throughout the story planning he started calling me 'foxy boo' and it sorta...stuck.

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
It came from using Hazza on a friends Xbox on a CoD, but he said it should be Hazard, only I accidentally put Hazzard and couldn't be arsed to change it. Turns out lots of people like to call themselves Hazzard so I lengthened it to Hazzardevil from a Runescape account I got from a friend years and years ago.