Extant Premiere Review: Surprisingly Solid Summer Sci-Fi

Dan O'Halloran

Feb 4, 2014
Extant Premiere Review: Surprisingly Solid Summer Sci-Fi

A compelling cast, smart writing and film-quality special effects are making Extant a surprise must-watch summer series.

Read Full Article

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
From your write up it sounds like a Chick Flick that happens to be Sci Fi, rather that Sci Fi with human characters.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
I also watched this without too many expectations. While the production values did impress and I'm going to watch the second episode, it didn't exactly grab me. There's nothing too...new or novel in it that would make it truly interesting to hard-core sci-fi fans of the genre.

But I'll watch it in hope, its only the first episode and it does have potential.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
I was kind of interested in this but the only way to legally watch it here in the UK is by subscribing to Amazons streaming service which doesn't really interest me much and I not getting that just for one show I may not even like.

I will just have to hope its not to long before its on the Play Store, if Amazon hoard it just for the store on the Kindle Fire that would suck.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I think it's a bit too early to tell if this is 100% solid just yet - the whole "ghosts in space" thing threw me off and John's passionate defense against counter-measures for his creation borders on dangerously naïve, plus there's rarely if ever a guarantee that even the most intriguing mystery won't ultimately implode - we could very well be sitting here a year from now saying, "Remember when Halle Berry was in that thing where it turned out Earth's robots were being controlled by psychic monkeys?" I'm interested, sure, but I'm not completely on board yet.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
Not having cable, I'll have to take your word for it. It has echoes of "A.I." and "The Astronaut's Wife."

Darmani

Apr 26, 2010
J Tyran said:
I was kind of interested in this but the only way to legally watch it here in the UK is by subscribing to Amazons streaming service which doesn't really interest me much and I not getting that just for one show I may not even like.

I will just have to hope its not to long before its on the Play Store, if Amazon hoard it just for the store on the Kindle Fire that would suck.
Amazon Prime pays for itself, in my opinion.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Well I was looking forward to seeing what this show was like, but the way you talk about it makes it sound like it sucks.

I was hoping for science fiction, not some lame family-focused soap-opera with an annoying robot child and ooh-spooky-mystery to fill out the "sci-fi" quota.

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
The title of your article implied a review, not a spoiller fest. Thanks for giving away the entire first episode without even warning.