Extended Edition Lord of the Rings Finally on Blu-Ray

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Oh, yay. Now we can watch more scenes of Elves staring into the camera for no Goddamn reason.

Don't get me wrong, I love the story of LotR. Most of the movie I had no problem with, and I might even consider acquiring this. But I'll be damned if I don't fast-forward through the ten-minute-long scenes of nothing but Elves staring forlornly into the camera.

Those were the only scenes that bugged me.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Virgil said:
Or it could simply be that they are working from the exact same cuts from the original DVDs, and didn't want to try stitching them together.
Well, the Extended DVD editions each come with 4 DVDs.
2 for the movie, and 2 for 'Extras'.

So, if each movie is now on 1 blue ray disc, and each of the two extra DVDs are crammed on 1 blue ray disc per movie, then the disc count goes from 12 to 6! Hence the 6 Blue-ray discs! Which means no more disc changing ! HUZZAH!

Yeah, sign me up for this, please.
I'd love me some HD LOTR.

gustcq

Mar 26, 2009
This is the best news of my current day! LOTR extended on blu ray! woot woot!

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
I too felt tempted this very week to buy the theatrical cuts on blu-ray as I've been getting that LOTOR itch recently and wanted to experience the holy trilogy in high definition. As the theatrical blu-rays are dirt cheap at £15 for three blu-rays on Amazon.co.uk (about 25 dollars) I felt like caving in. Thankfully, now we have a solid date, I can wait three months before I experience the best cuts of the films in high definition but I'm still going to have to watch them before then, that itch needs scratching after all.

CUnk

Oct 24, 2008
Well finally I can own these movies. I've held off from buying any of the previous editions knowing that someday they would release this set. And I don't think I've ever seen the extended versions so I won't be buying them just to have them.