Ezio and the animus theory

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Mohamed Medhat said:
Adam Jensen said:
Deal with it or don't, I don't care. I'm done with you. I even received a private message of apology from a person considering him/herself responsible for unleashing you on this forum. So this post serves as a warning to others. Arguing with you is like arguing with Ken Ham.
I received a private message too telling me that you think you're some big know it all and that I should avoid you--sounds accurate.
Well I don't know about this bit, since it seems like it's kind of a lie to me.
I am not at all ashamed to admit that I'm the one that PMed Adam about you, since your first post was in one of my threads.
So far what, 90+% of your posts have been bashing Ezio, so you decide to finally make your own thread dedicated to making up a theory that expands further on your hatred of him but somehow ignores the other assassins we've been playing as.
You realise that if your theory has any kind of accuracy to it (read this as none at all), then Altair, Connor, Edward, Haytham, Avelin, and probably Arno will all suffer from the same discrepancies.
You say that Ezio's subjective viewpoint somehow makes him less viable to believe than the others, but that's not backed up BY YOUR OWN THEORY.
Seriously, you should probably just cool it on the Ezio hate.

Mohamed Medhat

Feb 3, 2013
Radoh said:
Well I don't know about this bit, since it seems like it's kind of a lie to me.
Of course it was a lie lol. I don't associate myself with people who talk about others in private messages and say they "unleashed" something on a forum. That's pretty petty.

I am not at all ashamed to admit that I'm the one that PMed Adam about you, since your first post was in one of my threads.
If you're not ashamed, then why did you do it in PM? Do I know you? Did we meet ANYWHERE before on the internet or otherwise? Did we ever chat? No? It's also funny how you think that you're somehow responsible for me. I guess birds of a feather....you know the rest.

So far what, 90+% of your posts have been bashing Ezio, so you decide to finally make your own thread dedicated to making up a theory that expands further on your hatred of him but somehow ignores the other assassins we've been playing as.
My god, people, stop exaggerating and being so dramatic. I don't "hate" Ezio. I like Ezio but I don't think he's the god everyone thinks he is. I'm sorry if that somehow hurt your feelings, I really am.

Nope, I did not ignore the others. I actually said how this can apply to Connor's view of Charles and how he seemed like a nice guy with Haytham but then shown to be a racist douche when we saw Charles through Connor. You're also forgetting the fact that Altair's and Connor's villains were not one dimensional, mustache twislers nor were other historical characters around them dumbed down to make them look smarter. That's why i thought of this theory because it does not make sense for characters such as Bartolomeo to be as idiotic as he had been portrayed, when in AC II, and in real life, he was a pretty capable military tactician.

You realise that if your theory has any kind of accuracy to it (read this as none at all), then Altair, Connor, Edward, Haytham, Avelin, and probably Arno will all suffer from the same discrepancies.
You realize that I already stated that this theory is most likely NOT what the writers thought of? and how I admitted that i'm probably giving the writers too much credit? This is just a possible explanation to how Ezio was suddenly so smart while everyone else was suddenly so dumb.

You say that Ezio's subjective viewpoint somehow makes him less viable to believe than the others, but that's not backed up BY YOUR OWN THEORY.
It kind of is, like I said...no other protagonists had historical characters around them dumbed down.

Seriously, you should probably just cool it on the Ezio hate.
You keep thinking it's hate, good for you. I'm pretty cool so far, it's all the butthurt people here barging in telling me that they know better for some reason and that I should bow down to whatever they say and then when I DON'T bow down, they throw hissy fits and flail around.

This whole PM thing is making me wonder--Gee, I wonder what they're saying about me behind my back, I wonder how much they're insulting or demeaning just because I dislike a fictional character that they like...it's pretty petty when you think about it.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Mohamed Medhat said:
Okay so then one last thing for obvious reasons, here's the PM I sent him about you.
So don't flatter yourself thinking that people are conspiring behind your back. Also notice the timestamps both in the pm itself and when he posted to you saying someone responded to you.
Now as this obviously says I'm neither willing or able to discuss this at any great length, but not butt furious about Ezio?
36 of your 40 posts are about how much you hate Ezio, don't give me that crap because I don't believe a single word of it, nor does anyone else.
So when I say that 90% of your posts are about how much you hate Ezio don't try to say that's not true, since it is *checks real quick* literally 90% of all of your existence on these forums, dedicated to the hate of a single character. Tbh I was not expecting exactly 90%, I thought it would be under just a little bit but no, it's just that.
Respond if you feel like it, it won't change anything.

Mohamed Medhat

Feb 3, 2013
Radoh said:
Okay so then one last thing for obvious reasons, here's the PM I sent him about you.
Why thank you.

So don't flatter yourself thinking that people are conspiring behind your back. Also notice the timestamps both in the pm itself and when he posted to you saying someone responded to you.
haha ohh suuuuuure, i'm the one "flattering myself" not you, who considers himself "responsible for me" and apologizes "for me" like I'm sort of out of control child, oh no no, i'm sure i'm the pretentious guy flattering himself and stroking his ego about it, of course.

Now as this obviously says I'm neither willing or able to discuss this at any great length, but not butt furious about Ezio?
36 of your 40 posts are about how much you hate Ezio, don't give me that crap because I don't believe a single word of it, nor does anyone else.
I'm quite flattered that you have been following all of posts and know them so specifically but again, alas...no, you're wrong..none of my posts are about how much I "hate Ezio", like I said... I don't care if you don't believe me, a lot of people don't believe you in Evolution, doesn't mean it's not real lol

So when I say that 90% of your posts are about how much you hate Ezio don't try to say that's not true, since it is *checks real quick* literally 90% of all of your existence on these forums, dedicated to the hate of a single character. Tbh I was not expecting exactly 90%, I thought it would be under just a little bit but no, it's just that.
Respond if you feel like it, it won't change anything.
It's not true, I said it numerous times. I'm just so surprised by the amount of rage shown here when a much beloved character is poked holes in, my god...this is worse than that time I went to a Pewdie Pie video and said that Pewdie Pie is nothing special.
They kept telling me the same things "hurrr durrr, why do you hate him so much hurrrr" "OHMAGOGZ you are soooo obsessed with hating him wow" I don't hate Pewdie Pie nor Ezio, I just have criticisms that I felt like voicing but I guess fanboys will be fanboys, eh?

See ya

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Mohamed Medhat said:
I'm quite flattered that you have been following all of posts and know them so specifically but again, alas...no, you're wrong..none of my posts are about how much I "hate Ezio", like I said... I don't care if you don't believe me, a lot of people don't believe you in Evolution, doesn't mean it's not real lol
Seriously? You know it isn't hard to sift through 40 posts yeah? I'm not exactly reviewing an almanac here.
It took less than three minutes to review your entire existence on this site. Again, you're not exactly Daystar here.

Mohamed Medhat

Feb 3, 2013
Radoh said:
Mohamed Medhat said:
Seriously? You know it isn't hard to sift through 40 posts yeah? I'm not exactly reviewing an almanac here.
Oh you, stop pretending. I know you love and stalked all 40 of my posts, you sly devil you.

Anyways, back on topic, people. if you don't want to argue with me, that's fine but don't clutter the thread with pointless crap--if you're done, you're done.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
You experience their memories. That's it. You even get points for perfect sync.
But memory is not stored perfectly. We have enormous limits on our sensory input and storage capacities. Hell, when it comes to "perfect sync," it usually only requires one or two different tasks. If we both play a mission that says "do not be detected" and we both 100% it, that's great. But say, you killed nobody and I slaughtered enough guards to make your average serial killer take notes. They're both 100% sync, because the recollection isn't perfect. Or, that would be the analogue. In the end, this is a game and how the Animus truly functions isn't spelled out and neither is what constitutes a perfect memory.

Interestingly enough, a decent enough primer on observation, recollection, and eyewitness testimony recently came up from one of my YouTube subs.

I'm not even sure where to begin with the theory this thread's based around, but it makes the ME3 indoctrination theory seem sound, so I'ma leave that here as possibly my only contribution to the thread.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Mohamed Medhat said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Mohamed Medhat said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I liked Ezio. He gets a proper narrative arc, changes over time and he has the kind of lively personality I appreciate in a videogame character.
I don't consider lively personality a necessity for video game characters
Oh I don't either, it's just a nice change from the laconically grim.
To be honest, these days there's nothing but the "lively" personality archetype but yeah, Ezio was a nice change from Altair but unfortunately he set a standard for the rest of the protagonists that the fanbase bases around. If the Assassin is not funny or charismatic, he sucks.
I think it's quite the opposite, most playable characters seem to be designed as blankly as possible so the player can use them as surrogates. The norm seems to be "the less defining traits the better", lest they alienate potential gamers, the way Ezio alienated you with his "B-movie charisma". I appreciate a little humor or levity in a protagonist. Even an unassuming character like John Martson has a (dry) sense of humor.