F.E.A.R 2 demo

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
Uncompetative said:
Does anyone know if you can lean? You could in F.E.A.R. on the Xbox, but only with the D-pad, which made it really awkward. That game would have been much better if you could temporarily enter an Aim mode like in Goldeneye 007 on the N64, during which the movement stick would lean rather than strafe. I didn't care for the silly spooky bits, but I remember the original's AI was decent.
Nope you cant lean, the number of controls are cut down in FEAR2. Although i wouldn't say it's more streamlined.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
nekolux said:
Uncompetative said:
Does anyone know if you can lean? You could in F.E.A.R. on the Xbox, but only with the D-pad, which made it really awkward. That game would have been much better if you could temporarily enter an Aim mode like in Goldeneye 007 on the N64, during which the movement stick would lean rather than strafe. I didn't care for the silly spooky bits, but I remember the original's AI was decent.
Nope you cant lean, the number of controls are cut down in FEAR2. Although i wouldn't say it's more streamlined.
Thanks for the clarification.

RAKais

Jan 14, 2009
Reg5879 said:
I dont like F.E.A.R 2 for the same reason I didn't like the 1st one, its all scary until u fight a whole load of soldiers, I liked the part in the school, but I wont say anything, but the problem is when u fight the soldiers, it gives u time to lose ur scare meter and make u think ur playing an action game, not a horror.
Thats the genius of the game. Let us compare this to Halo 1 on the level Guilty Spark 343 AKA the flood level, back when I played it... it was quite scary. Now I'm grown up, it's just cool, anyway I digress. Basically after a while, I was actually praying I would run into some covenant instead of some more scary flood. FEAR 1 did that as well, I was crapping myself through the dark corridors, jumping through every Alma encounter and everytime I came across some replicas, I breathed a massive sigh of relief, like you have just found someone familiar and friendly in all the madness.

I have played the demo and it was fantastic, the bit in the school where she was glitching around you while you ran through was making me kack myself wishing to run round the corner to find replicas instead of Alma

Lycaeus_Wrex

Jan 19, 2009
I'm really, really, really looking forward to this game. If the scares are on the same level of the demo then this will be a fantastic experience.

L. Wrex

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
RAKais said:
Reg5879 said:
I dont like F.E.A.R 2 for the same reason I didn't like the 1st one, its all scary until u fight a whole load of soldiers, I liked the part in the school, but I wont say anything, but the problem is when u fight the soldiers, it gives u time to lose ur scare meter and make u think ur playing an action game, not a horror.
Thats the genius of the game. Let us compare this to Halo 1 on the level Guilty Spark 343 AKA the flood level, back when I played it... it was quite scary. Now I'm grown up, it's just cool, anyway I digress. Basically after a while, I was actually praying I would run into some covenant instead of some more scary flood. FEAR 1 did that as well, I was crapping myself through the dark corridors, jumping through every Alma encounter and everytime I came across some replicas, I breathed a massive sigh of relief, like you have just found someone familiar and friendly in all the madness.

I have played the demo and it was fantastic, the bit in the school where she was glitching around you while you ran through was making me kack myself wishing to run round the corner to find replicas instead of Alma
I wont say I fully hate F.E.A.R 2, its just I want persistant fear and I will say on the scary parts, they did succeed, it did freak me out, but Replicas give me that chill out time I dont want and I never played Halo, so I wouldn't know about The Flood lol.

Calax

Jan 16, 2009
I think that Fear is actually pretty good at winding the player to the developers content. They get you all keyed up on the Horror and then let you release your steam in the combat segments. I don't think I could last if they just went balls out horror all over the place.

RAKais

Jan 14, 2009
Reg5879 said:
RAKais said:
Reg5879 said:

I wont say I fully hate F.E.A.R 2, its just I want persistant fear and I will say on the scary parts, they did succeed, it did freak me out, but Replicas give me that chill out time I dont want and I never played Halo, so I wouldn't know about The Flood lol.
I would recommend Halo. The first one that is, if you end up liking the first one, you'll love the other two.
Halo had no build up hype, it just came along and reinvented console FPSs

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
I had the same feeling I did with the first game, in that it was a decent bit of scare, broken up with boring, repetitive FPS bits. The addition of Ghosts as a regular bad guy did annoy me a little, but the scary bits were still decent enough fun. The combat has improved a little, as you're fighting through ruined environments, but it still struck me as by the numbers and little more than a needless delay between you and more scary bits. Once more, the bullet time mode is a useless addition and can be safely ignored. If anything, it's just extra time between you and the scary bits, so if you're a procrastinator, it's perfect for you.

Aside from that, not overly impressed. I'll probably wait until the price drops to an acceptable level, or wait until someone else gets the thing and pinch it from them.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
RAKais said:
Reg5879 said:
RAKais said:
Reg5879 said:

I would recommend Halo. The first one that is, if you end up liking the first one, you'll love the other two.
Halo had no build up hype, it just came along and reinvented console FPSs
I dont play Xbox, I play PS3 and looking at Halo, I think its just a basic FPS, The Darkness is my fav FPS (I'm going off topic lol).

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Wait, it was Alma that did the hugging instead of random ghost #378422623? The controls are clumsy(scope on the sprint button, sprint on a place where i can't reach it and other things), the demo was very short and the tank bit felt unfinished, it's basicly "point guns, shoot". Overall, it doesn't make me want to buy the game but neither does it make me want to boycot the developers. Maybe i'll play the full version at a friend's place or download it and see if it's worth a buy.

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
Asehujiko said:
Wait, it was Alma that did the hugging instead of random ghost #378422623? The controls are clumsy(scope on the sprint button, sprint on a place where i can't reach it and other things), the demo was very short and the tank bit felt unfinished, it's basicly "point guns, shoot". Overall, it doesn't make me want to buy the game but neither does it make me want to boycot the developers. Maybe i'll play the full version at a friend's place or download it and see if it's worth a buy.
Yeah you can tell from the telltale hair, nakedness and general " GODDAMIT HOW MANY TIME DID I TELL YOU NOT TO HANG AROUND THOSE PUNK ASS 'FRIENDS' OFF YOURS. I SWEAR POINTMAN IF I GET ANOTHER CALL FROM YOUR TEACHER.... " *you piss your pants* =P

Seriously imagine a mom as psychotic as alma.

Calax

Jan 16, 2009
I've got the game installing right now, I expect I'll do my first true review (rather than critique/reviews of others posts and games) on that sucker in the next few days.