F.E.A.R. 2 Developer: Alma Will Be "More Intimate"

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
BARADOK said:
Spoiler alert! Dont read if you dont want to know.

Just got finished beating the game, and yes, you do actually have sex with alma, this is no joke.
LOL, you may want to put that in a Spoiler box or else someone will probably get angry when they accidentally read it.
But seriously, how MESSED UP is that ending. I beat the game last night and was sitting there looking at the screen for about half an hour thinking "What....the....fuck....just happened?"

For anyone that isnt sure about this game, I recommend it, gave me a good scare and was well made. I'm still undecided about wether this game was scarier than the first though.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
Dectilon said:
The original FEAR was a parade of office buildings and the occasional sewer level. They're gonna have to do better this time...

I think the one thing that bothered me the most was that you picked up the radio chatter of the clone soldiers screaming about how you, the player, was coming and how they needed backup... CONSTANTLY! Seriously, FEAR was supposed to be action-horror, right? But when your enemies scream in terror when they face you the horror just sort of evaporates :p

And since you're constantly being reminded of how important you are, the Alma bits never get that intimidating either.
GOT ME PINNED DOWWWWWWN!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I borrowed fear off a friend, and the AI scared me into never playing it again afetr a few levels.
I though i was nice and safe in my alley, but no, one guy goes though the bluiding next to me while his mates keep me suppressed, then pops out the door behind me and promptly kills me.
This was summer last year, so it was quite an old game, and this simple act of flanking just messed me up so much.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Dectilon said:
The original FEAR was a parade of office buildings and the occasional sewer level. They're gonna have to do better this time...

I think the one thing that bothered me the most was that you picked up the radio chatter of the clone soldiers screaming about how you, the player, was coming and how they needed backup... CONSTANTLY! Seriously, FEAR was supposed to be action-horror, right? But when your enemies scream in terror when they face you the horror just sort of evaporates :p

And since you're constantly being reminded of how important you are, the Alma bits never get that intimidating either.
I agree whole heartedly. Heck I didn't even finish the first one because of that exact reason.
If they could get the horror right I'll consider picking it up, but Alma touching me... Will my head explode?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Khell you hate steam so much, I don't want to break your heart. So I'll ignore you and just say buy it.
Does that mean the PC version (bought retail, not through steam) requires Valve's Steam to work?
I think so.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
mooncalf said:
I found the Alma bits creepy! C'mon, remember being in that ventilation duct and having her scramble towards you? :D
My God, that one made me shit my heart out.

BARADOK said:

Just got finished beating the game, and yes, you do actually have sex with alma, this is no joke.
*stares at computer screen in disbelief*
What... the... fuck...
But... Wouldn't that be incest, considering she's the ghost of your dead mom?

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Klagermeister said:
mooncalf said:
I found the Alma bits creepy! C'mon, remember being in that ventilation duct and having her scramble towards you? :D
My God, that one made me shit my heart out.

BARADOK said:

*stares at computer screen in disbelief*
What... the... fuck...
But... Wouldn't that be incest, considering she's the ghost of your dead mom?
you play a different character than from the first game so no it isn't incest, it's still creepy but it isn't incest.

Dakaan

Sep 13, 2008
Dectilon said:
Seriously, FEAR was supposed to be action-horror, right? But when your enemies scream in terror when they face you the horror just sort of evaporates :p
LoL never thought about it this way, but when thinking about it, your right!!

Guess they tryed to get you out on the edge of the seat awaiting the attack... Dunno...

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Dakaan said:
Dectilon said:
Seriously, FEAR was supposed to be action-horror, right? But when your enemies scream in terror when they face you the horror just sort of evaporates :p
LoL never thought about it this way, but when thinking about it, your right!!

Guess they tryed to get you out on the edge of the seat awaiting the attack... Dunno...
I'd be screaming in terror too if all of a sudden a guy took out 15 of my friends in 2 seconds...