F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn Demo Now Available

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I passed over F.E.A.R. 2 when I noticed that is was simply a (bad) console port to the PC. It did not meet the standards of the original, and quite frankly, the demo put me off quite a bit.

When will game developers learn?

I (as mentioned above in another post somewhere on this thread) would LOVE to see a more continuous story line. It's nice to get a different perspective, but seriously... How many different characters have to be introduced?!

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
My brother downloaded this demo from the PlayStation Network and my only reaction to seeing him playing it was "meh".

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
tsb247 said:
I passed over F.E.A.R. 2 when I noticed that is was simply a (bad) console port to the PC. It did not meet the standards of the original, and quite frankly, the demo put me off quite a bit.
Likewise, and that's probably why they're not releasing a demo on the PC for this mess. Two hours? Come on.

In other news, The Rogue Wolf demands to know why the hell they're still charging $50 for FEAR 2. Seriously, I'm not touching it for a penny over $20.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I dont think FEAR should continue on beyond this one overall story, but I do think there is more to tell. And Im glad this is legit extra stuff and not Vivendi trying to get more money like with the non-canon FEAR files.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
KDR_11k said:
What, even more FEAR? That game series got old during its first game, how many people still buy that? When a local store went out of business and gave HUGE discounts on everything FEAR2 was among the last games left together with crap like Mirror's Edge and X-Blades.
A bit of a major digression but I couldn't ignore this. Mirror's Edge being viewed as "crap" alongside the likes of X-Blades (surely one of the most meritless peices of software ever created)? There's a difference between overlooked and "crap"...

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
MarsProbe said:
A bit of a major digression but I couldn't ignore this. Mirror's Edge being viewed as "crap" alongside the likes of X-Blades (surely one of the most meritless peices of software ever created)? There's a difference between overlooked and "crap"...
The impression I got was that Mirror's Edge was disliked by many who played it. Not overlooked so much as overhyped.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Cool. I love FEAR 2, although many disagree.

It really does depend. If this comes for a responsible price, around 600 points, I might buy it. If it ends up costing 1200, then to hell with it.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
Never played fear but the bullet time thing looked interesting to me but now that they are reprising it means somebody wants more money

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
The gameplay seemed alright, but there wasn't a single scary moment in the demo. At least, I didn't see any.

FEAR needs, well, more fear!

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
The gameplay seemed alright, but there wasn't a single scary moment in the demo. At least, I didn't see any.

FEAR needs, well, more fear!
Kinda my thoughts, just seems to be a straight up shooter. At least in the original F.E.A.R. it had some scary moments. The demo for this one just seemed, kinda bland.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
FEAR was never scary in my eyes.

I found the second FEAR had higher immersion than the first one. Walking on glass that you shot down. No more silly glass break effect. Weapons handled pretty good. Pity shotgun got a nerf but I ran around with it to the end and had never less than 80 shots to it. Giving me enough bullets to every other weapon in the game if I needed to use them. In FEAR 2 I could actually run out of ammo.

I don't think they even touched the AI from both games because the FEAR AI does the same things FEAR 2 AI does. As in stand behind a cover for like 5 seconds. Those big guys being to slow to quickly melee you away. FEAR 1 have a problem where the AI can't really spot you sometimes even if you walk directly against them and it takes them 2 seconds for them to react.

Only things that changed is the weapon damage which is easily higher in FEAR 1. But seeing that you had 10 medkits with you most of the time it didn't prove to be a problem. Only once was I down in 2 medkits.

Hopefully this gets on Steam as I kinda wanna play more FEAR 2.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I enjoyed FEAR 2 for the most part. The MP was a major letdown. Why it wasn't shipped with Slo Mo DM is beyond me. So on to the demo. It made me sad. Between a 3 mos old and a recent move I haven't been able to play much at all. And the demo showed me how rusty I have gotten. It creamed me repeatedly. Although there is no way I am not buying it. No way am I letting Fear 2 put in more achs than the original 1000 and me not getting them. I worked too damn hard on it to not have them all.

Grimrider6

Aug 27, 2008
In both FEAR games, the clone soldiers are shown speaking to each other, and even having conversations. They do seem to have identities and personality, although exactly how they interact with their psychic commander is something I was always curious about.

Part of me wants to like this new DLC; the same part that made me buy and play through Project Origin. Fun enough as a shooter, but the well's gone dry at this point.

Also, they had better do a good job explaining why this clone soldier also has slow-mo powers. Armacham is handing that stuff out like candy.