F.E.A.R. 3's Alma Is Pregnant, Contractions Spawn Enemies

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
icyneesan said:
It was like mind sex but first you had to fight against one of your teammates from the first level or something. Then you and Alma do it in a chair in the middle of a Nuclear powerplant.
The scary thing is that those two events were happening at the same time.

F.E.A.R. has never been intelligent, subtle, or uniquely scary... the gunplay's alright. I'm just not sure why people keep buying it; there are much better shooters and horror games.

Anyway, enough trolling. I'm just glad for those two kids. I knew they'd hook up sooner or later. Congrats on the pregnancy, Beckett and Alma!

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
VondeVon said:
Hee hee hee... Contraction waves.

If I ever get pregnant, I hope my pain and suffering causes similar effects.
It's what all women aspire to during labour. Kinda makes just breaking your babydaddy's hand look a little lame, eh?

Looks like Alma had a crappy midwife who never told her about the million or so different types of pain relief suitable for childbirth...!!

Is this whole 'contraction waves' not just the AI director dressed up in scary, clothes though?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
This is so absurd that it's amazing. I can't wait for this game to come out.

On a side note, I'm surprised there are ANY ATC security guys left. I pretty much slaughtered the lot of them in the first two games. And really, why would these people still willingly work for a company that has brought about the end of the world? Guess they went to the same seminar that Umbrella employees went to.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
crimsonshrouds said:
ummm... EW!

Never played fear 2... or 1...

So did the main character do the horizontal tango with the girl in fear 2? o.o I don't know if i want an answer to that or not.
The (male) player was strapped to a chair and raped at the end of 2.

The player character in 2 is a different individual from the one in 1 and 3.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Blue-State said:
Contractions spawn monsters?
I dread to think what happens when she gets her period!
Shhh, you're giving away the plot to the first game. :p

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Just shut up and take my money!

Seriously, I can't wait to play this.

Aug 17, 2010
Dude, I read this in Gameinformer back in July.

Also I stand by that I don't think any other Video Game villain has gained minions through contractions.

MAYBE the Broodmother from DA...

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Greg Tito said:
The waves of psychic energy emanating from Alma as she gives birth to the child that you unwittingly conceived with her at the end of F.E.A.R. 2 are her contractions.
Um...spoiler tags? Maybe a warning? I'm in the middle of F.E.A.R. 2, and really would rather not have seen this.

Yes, I know I clicked on a news story about the sequel, but every other such article has spoiler tags if it actually goes into the plot of the original.

If the site's own staff is spoiling games, who can I trust?

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Once born, the baby will start crying every 2-3 hours, interupting alma every so often when she is trying to be mysterious and creepy. Awkward.

May 5, 2010
Yeah, I lost interest in F.E.A.R 3 when I found out about the whole "co-op with the ghost of the villain from the first game" thing.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Timbydude said:
Greg Tito said:
The waves of psychic energy emanating from Alma as she gives birth to the child that you unwittingly conceived with her at the end of F.E.A.R. 2 are her contractions.
Um...spoiler tags? Maybe a warning? I'm in the middle of F.E.A.R. 2, and really would rather not have seen this.

Yes, I know I clicked on a news story about the sequel, but every other such article has spoiler tags if it actually goes into the plot of the original.

If the site's own staff is spoiling games, who can I trust?
The Cigarette Smoking Man... :p

But, yeah, you're right, I didn't even notice that.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Odd as this sounds, I think this is an awesome idea. It'll really drive home the idea that 'Horrible thing is going to be born. Horrible thing whose mere labor is causing reality to crap out. Horrible thing you need to either side with or kill. FAST.' The closer the contractions are together, the more 'Holy crap' you'll be, because deep down you KNOW what that means...

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
Rainboq said:
Still Life said:
Wonder what happens when her water breaks...
My guess?

Build an ark.

OT: Oh yeah, because nothing could go wrong...

*final stage*

WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE CONTRACTIONS EVERY TWO SECONDS?
I was wondering the same thing, don't the contraction get closer and closer during the final stages of labor? Will the world just explode or something when the kid/demon pops put?

Also who the fuck is going to support the child?

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I suppose it livens-up the existence of an A.I director but still, the end of FEAR2 left me rather confused and full of questions, what ever happened to bucket Beckett? he died and we didn't see the death? :/

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Wow...
That sounds so crazy that it's actually awesome. Never played either FEAR games, but I am going to now.

EDIT: Just watched the Alma rape scene on Youtube. FEAR is a must-play. Saving money now.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
Almaverse? Really? It's like they didn't even try.
Contractions spawning enemies is a bit......odd, but I guess it would keep you on edge.