Fable 3, played it?Answer these two questions for me please!

cloudcover

Oct 28, 2009
So Fable 3 is out soon and I want to know two things;
-Will my character always end up maxed out in all areas (like the first two games) or can I actually make decisions?
-Can you skip the cut-scenes and videos or are they at least very few and far between?
In truth even if the answer to the first one is yes (your character always maxes out in all areas) I might still buy the game, but if the answer to the second question is no I very much doubt I will.
I hated Fable 2 for it's long ass boring videos as I have zero interest in any of the characters or their stories.
Thanks for your help!

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
Wouldnt it be better to hope for a good story that will engage you this time around rather than assume the story will be cack that you will want to skip? I have not played the game and so cannot answer your questions im afraid but you should atleast consider the possibility that the story elements might be good this time around-it IS possible (although pattern recognition does lead one to believe improbable).

WittyInfidel

Aug 30, 2010
Perhaps another game would be more to your liking. If you did not like Fable 2, I really don't think you'll like Fable 3. They may have changed the set dressing, but it will more of the same game.

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
cloudcover said:
I hated Fable 2 for it's long ass boring videos as I have zero interest in any of the characters or their stories.
So you stuck around just for the wonderful game-play and that incredible boss fight at the end?
/joke

I haven't played it but someone did post a review in the forums earlier. They could probably answer this for you. I cant remember the name so you'll have to search yourself.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Hellz_Barz said:
cloudcover said:
So you stuck around just for the wonderful game-play and that incredible boss fight at the end?
/joke
Oh yes, i did.
One of the few times a game has made me want to use the disk as a frisbee as a manner of payback for such an anti-climatic and poor ending.

OT- Really, with a few days till the games release, its going to be difficult to get people who have played the game thoroughly. As its more likely that the ones who have played it at the moment have only played portions.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
No offence, but why would you play an RPG and not care about the story? It just seems.. odd to do that.

Or is it just Fable 2 you didn't care about?

Antitonic

Feb 4, 2010
Oh, and to answer the topic at hand:
cloudcover said:
-Will my character always end up maxed out in all areas (like the first two games) or can I actually make decisions?
There is an achievement for it, but you always had a choice. Even in the older games.
-Can you skip the cut-scenes and videos or are they at least very few and far between?
Yes, you can skip them. I found that out accidentally.

cloudcover

Oct 28, 2009
Antitonic said:
No offence, but why would you play an RPG and not care about the story? It just seems.. odd to do that.

Simple really, I like games that allow me to develop my own character. I would argue what is more odd is that a game would force a storyline on me. Firstly I paid for it, when I bought Transformers on DVD I didn't watch the twat or the hotty "act", I just fast forwarded to the big robot fights - why shouldn't I get to do the same with my games? (similarly I could skip ahead in the book I'm reading, though admittedly I don't) Secondly , and this answers Mandalores question also, games with good story lines are entirely possible, but I think the story should come through in game (think system shock 2). If not I might as well buy the book. Finally games like Fable are actually amazingly short sighted in this sense. It doesn't make sense to have a lot of the quests and events that take place when you consider how truly evil my character was, and it's hard to imagine the Jack of Blades could be worse. So again the storyline was just kind of confusing when taken in that context...
As for the statement that you always had a choice - really? My character in Fable 1 maxed out all stats before the game ended, and I suspect if I had finished the second I would have found the same thing...
And for this guy,
Programmed_For_Damage said:
The game isn't out yet so you're pushing shit uphill trying to find someone who's played it.
I guess I underestimate the stupidity of the average internet forum user so I will explain what I assume most other people can figure out of their own accord; people can respond after(!) they've played it! Amazing! Who would have thought that people don't have to respond immediately! Insane!
I appreciate that you went out of your way to be unhelpful though, good effort.

Sep 14, 2009
hmm sorry but most rpg's dont sound like they are your thing..

especially fable.

so i haven't played it, but im assuming you wont like it since you dont care for story or cutscenes or characters of that sort...

perhaps try a big open sandbox game? or platforming game like prince of persia?

Antitonic

Feb 4, 2010
cloudcover said:
Antitonic said:

Simple really, I like games that allow me to develop my own character. I would argue what is more odd is that a game would force a storyline on me. Firstly I paid for it, when I bought Transformers on DVD I didn't watch the twat or the hotty "act", I just fast forwarded to the big robot fights - why shouldn't I get to do the same with my games? (similarly I could skip ahead in the book I'm reading, though admittedly I don't) Secondly , and this answers Mandalores question also, games with good story lines are entirely possible, but I think the story should come through in game (think system shock 2). If not I might as well buy the book. Finally games like Fable are actually amazingly short sighted in this sense. It doesn't make sense to have a lot of the quests and events that take place when you consider how truly evil my character was, and it's hard to imagine the Jack of Blades could be worse. So again the storyline was just kind of confusing when taken in that context...
As for the statement that you always had a choice - really? My character in Fable 1 maxed out all stats before the game ended, and I suspect if I had finished the second I would have found the same thing...
Fair call then. I do agree that a games' story should be connected with gameplay, but for me, I don't mind going out of the way to get to it.

As for the stats, it's been a while since I played Fable 1, but couldn't you just... not level up? My Fable 2 character ended up with 500 Thousand Will EXP, and (barring Force Push lv.1 to finish puzzles) no spells learned or upgraded.

cloudcover

Oct 28, 2009
Yeh that is always an option, though again not like System Shock 2 where you simply could not even if you tried. But if you can skip videos the rest is academic, Fable 3 here I come!

Antitonic

Feb 4, 2010
Sorry, I tell a lie. I did learn and upgrade every spell and strength upgrade, but quickly unlearned them for general EXP to sink into Skill. The extra Will and Strength came after I'd maxed Skill out.

Oh, and if you haven't seen any of the trailers, stick around for the intro movie at the least. Epic chicken is epic.

Mar 26, 2008
cloudcover said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
The game isn't out yet so you're pushing shit uphill trying to find someone who's played it.
I guess I underestimate the stupidity of the average internet forum user so I will explain what I assume most other people can figure out of their own accord; people can respond after(!) they've played it! Amazing! Who would have thought that people don't have to respond immediately! Insane!
I appreciate that you went out of your way to be unhelpful though, good effort.
How about you wait until it's out so your topic remains fresh and doesn't move down to page 5 or do you have trouble holding your load? Sorry my crystal ball was on the blink at the time, so I couldn't properly "contribute".

How about you post your next topic now, you know the one "What do people who've played Call Of Duty: Black Ops think of it?"

Dumbass.