Fable 3 Teaser

Diablini

May 24, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
I refuse to watch it until Fable 2 comes out for PC!

The original Fable is one of my favourite games and then they just forget about us beautiful PC Gamers and go kiss the console peasants' arses.

Edit: Ok,I couldn't resist.
Is that Judy Dench narrating it?
Damn right! Peter got his audience on the PC, and then gave us a big "FUCK YOU!" not including Fable 2 for the PC.

Foolish Mortal

May 5, 2008
Being the special and unique snowflake that I am, I liked both games. And yet simultaneously I hated them. Does that make sense?

The first one was an amusing diversion, but the storyline and world was so achingly generic, and I felt I had no impact on the world other than 'kill X civilian' or 'take Y quest'. I couldn't play for long until I just lost interest entirely. The second one was an improvement in every single way, creating a sense that the setting was more than Another Fantasy World and infusing everything with that wonderful sense of humour. But at the same time, it told the most ball-breakingly, fuckstompingly stupid and painful main storylines I have ever dragged myself through. Let's hope that in Attempt 3 they have finally perfected the formula.

dantom1

Aug 27, 2008
I'll join the people that like both games however i did prefer Fable 1. I think the sound track is me favourite part of fable. Anyway i'm looking forward to fable 3 even though it probably will be exagerated again.

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
I liked both of them. Although I do feel as though 2 was almost a rerelease of 1 with more to do just not as good... hmmm... the events of the story are almost identical. One thing that would have made the game WAY cooler though would have been the ability to kill the heroes instead of helping them :) being evil is fun

I'm looking forward to Fable 3... hopefully they will let you be really evil this time around >:]

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
GODAMMIT CREATORS OF FABLE GIVE IT TO US ON PC!!! /crazy
I really thoroughly enjoyed Fable: The Lost Chapters on PC as I found the controls easier than when I tried it on a freind's XBox. I want them to put it on the PC as otherwise I will never get to play it because I refuse to buy and XBox as I am a playstation/nintendo fan and am therefore bigoted and prejudiced against all things XBox.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Shine-osophical said:
I really thoroughly enjoyed Fable: The Lost Chapters on PC as I found the controls easier than when I tried it on a freind's XBox. I want them to put it on the PC as otherwise I will never get to play it because I refuse to buy and XBox as I am a playstation/nintendo fan and am therefore bigoted and prejudiced against all things XBox.
Just wondering, what OS do you run?

dtthelegend

Oct 19, 2008
No.
Just....No.
Not even worth it.
Fable 2 killed it for me.
There is nothing Peter Molyneux could do short of signing Lionhead over to me that would
make me want to play this anymore. Until I get news of Dragon Age being good, Im gonna go
and wait for an updated version of Fable 1.

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
fable 1 is easily the game i've replayed the most... absolutely loved it, even with its flaws... fable 2 screwed it a bit with bad design choices (like the new spell system, accents of main characters especially garth and reaver, a few other things i can't remember)... though i did like the fact that you could finally change your hair colour...

sure, there are plenty of things to be improved... i for one would like to see the inclusion of an actual character creator so it feels more unique... and make them not get fat so easily!

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
Shine-osophical said:
OS??? I am not a techy, not even close. Ask me anything higher than 'how do you create a hyperlink in word' and I wouldn't have a clue.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Shine-osophical said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Shine-osophical said:
OS??? I am not a techy, not even close. Ask me anything higher than 'how do you create a hyperlink in word' and I wouldn't have a clue.
Operating system. Are you using Windows?

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
Shine-osophical said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Shine-osophical said:
Windows Vista, used to be windows XP home edition.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Oh, by the by, if Peter Molyneux is reading this...
Make stealth a viable option again! I loved being able to steal stuff from stores and sell it back to them.

Textbook Bobcat

Sep 9, 2009
It surprises me that the next is being proposed so early.

I did imagine the final evolution of Fable would be to have buildable cities, having advisors ala Civilization (and a couple of other factors) and the combat side of things playing third or fourth fiddle.

I had no problem with Fable II's story, it left some points to ponder over and interpret for yourself which is key in breaking the fourth wall. It's no Clockwork Orange, but were you honestly expecting it to be? The DLC "See the Future" however, annoyed me story wise.

If they use a Save share programme like Bioware are then I will be a bit more impressed, and believe the "Actions have consequences" spiel that Peter gives, as at the moment "Actions have consequences that are easily put right again" is more apt.

We need to have bad sides of a game, without despair happiness isn't as sweet.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Shine-osophical said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Shine-osophical said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Shine-osophical said:
Windows Vista, used to be windows XP home edition.
So you game on a PC which runs Windows, which was made by Microsoft, who also make the Xbox which you hate for no reason. Something doesn't quite add up.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
i have high hopes, but low expectations. And is it me or would it be crazy fun to watch the hero of oakvale beat the tar out of the hero of bowerstone?