Fable Legends Aims for 5-10 Year Lifespan

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
So Fable meets Dungeon Keeper meets coop?

Not gonna lie, it does sound pretty cool, but its Xbox One exclusive, its a Lionhead game (without Molyneux as well) and as someone already pointed out "longevity" probably translates to "lots of DLC" so I'll pass since its gonna be disappionting anyway.
It really sums up as this for me, it sounds neat. But the problems kinda add up, Xbox One, no Peter, DLCs..

Still though, I really like that trailer. It is a great trailer!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Yuuki said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

I'll pass, Lionhead. Thanks for trying.
Thanks for trying what? Why don't you pick on the other heroes for not equipping the highly specific type of armor you had in mind for them?

lucky_sharm said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

So...all it takes is a sexualized female character for your appetite to be spoiled? That kind of covers most fantasy Western/Japanese RPGs, TV shows, summer blockbusters, and video games in general.
He wasn't talking about her being sexualized. What I saw in that trailer and the word "sexualized" aren't even in the same star system, I've seen a thousand kinds of sexy armor and that wasn't one of them.

It's safe to assume that he simply didn't like that specific armor style and wanted the warrior to be wearing some other style of armor, and the producers were supposed to read his mind. Somehow.
Maiev Shadowsong.

Avatar of the Phantom Assassin (Maiev in Dota 2).

"He."

-_-

OT: I wouldn't call a warrior wearing clothes that actually cover their flesh and protect them from weapons to be "highly specific type of armor." In fact, I'd say wanting a warrior to not be wearing a mini-skirt is pretty mundane. Boobplate is also a great way to get yourself impaled and stabbed in the heart.

You can try to imagine a warrior wearing actual armour and not a mini-skirt to be "highly specific" if you want. You'd just be wrong.
ok got to correct you here and it hurts me to do this because I hate that style of armor myself; warriors wore plate skirts until articulated plate was created, and the armor was always made to shape the warriors chest and well rest of their body so freedom of movement was allowed.
once again sorry for being that guy but yeah your a bit off.
You're wrong, boob plate was never used because the shape would deflect blows into the center of the chest where the armour was weaker due to the shape. If that didn't happen the blow would deflect upwards into the neck/bottom of the helmet, which wasn't as well protected.

You can google it if you want. Actual smiths will make boobplates if people want it, but they don't recommend it due to how dangerous it is to wear one if you're going to be doing any form of combat in it.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
I really don't mind how long it will be till another fable game. If we are about to get another fable game at all that is good news to my ears. Unabashed fan here, and I must say I QUITE liked that trailer :)

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
lucky_sharm said:
I don't think they've released any details as to what the actual gameplay will entail besides a flashy CG trailer. I'd withhold judgment until then.
Correction YOU have not seen the details they HAVE released. Namely an IGN video that detailed the type of gameplay in the early press screening and stuff.

Ask where I get my information from before you tell me to reserve judgement because there is no information. Especially with a Lionhead studio title that basically guarantees underwhelming sensations and lackluster realization of unique ideas because sadly Lionhead studios is convinced gamers are all morons and want maximum reward for minimal engagment.

A D&D style COOP RPG? AWESOME!

Oh it's a mission based structure, without an open world, without character creation but rather these 4 bland doofuses. Skip!

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Maiev Shadowsong said:
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Yuuki said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

Thanks for trying what? Why don't you pick on the other heroes for not equipping the highly specific type of armor you had in mind for them?

lucky_sharm said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

So...all it takes is a sexualized female character for your appetite to be spoiled? That kind of covers most fantasy Western/Japanese RPGs, TV shows, summer blockbusters, and video games in general.
He wasn't talking about her being sexualized. What I saw in that trailer and the word "sexualized" aren't even in the same star system, I've seen a thousand kinds of sexy armor and that wasn't one of them.

It's safe to assume that he simply didn't like that specific armor style and wanted the warrior to be wearing some other style of armor, and the producers were supposed to read his mind. Somehow.
Maiev Shadowsong.

"He."

-_-

OT: I wouldn't call a warrior wearing clothes that actually cover their flesh and protect them from weapons to be "highly specific type of armor." In fact, I'd say wanting a warrior to not be wearing a mini-skirt is pretty mundane. Boobplate is also a great way to get yourself impaled and stabbed in the heart.

You can try to imagine a warrior wearing actual armour and not a mini-skirt to be "highly specific" if you want. You'd just be wrong.
ok got to correct you here and it hurts me to do this because I hate that style of armor myself; warriors wore plate skirts until articulated plate was created, and the armor was always made to shape the warriors chest and well rest of their body so freedom of movement was allowed.
Boobplate never existed in reality. Ever. It's a fact that armour designed that way will get you killed. The mounds deflect piercing blows directly into the center of your chest.

Also, Fable takes place in an industrial age, which means they have access to complex metals. Not only that, but when soldiers did wear skirts, they also wore leg guards.

The problem isn't entirely the skirt. The boobplate is flatout insanely dumb. But the skirt is only bad because it's a woman, again. Would they have given a man the skirt? I doubt it. We see plenty of female warriors in skirts, but men are almost entirely given full armour. I'd like some balance in the genders.
Dogstile said:
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Yuuki said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

lucky_sharm said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

Maiev Shadowsong.

"He."

-_-

You're wrong, boob plate was never used because the shape would deflect blows into the center of the chest where the armour was weaker due to the shape. If that didn't happen the blow would deflect upwards into the neck/bottom of the helmet, which wasn't as well protected.

You can google it if you want. Actual smiths will make boobplates if people want it, but they don't recommend it due to how dangerous it is to wear one if you're going to be doing any form of combat in it.
I never said "boobplate" existed I said most armors were designed to the shape of the warriors chest, as women were not allowed to fight while plate armor was being used "boobplate" never existed. Also fable takes place in several timelines not just the industrial age, in fact this looks to be in between the first two games in time period which means no guns.
As to the plate skirts yes they usually had greaves on their lower legs but thighs were very rarely covered due to the loss of mobility. That's what the shield was for:)

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Pff, yeah fuckin' right! The previous Fable games haven't lasted me more than maybe 20 hours. Considering they haven't made it to a single day of playtime, jumping to years seems a bit ambitious.

captainsavvy

Jan 5, 2009
And here I was lamenting that I'd be missing out on future games of my beloved Fable series by not buying an XB1. More fool me apparently ¬_¬
Multiplayer? No thank you. Sounds about as appealing as that Kinect atrocity.

Great. Now I has a sad :'(

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
Somebloke said:
chaos order said:
ill withhold my judgement on the game until more information is out. but guys you gotta admit it was a pretty cool trailer.

ALSO: who is the narrator i like his voice
The voice is very pleasant, that was my first reaction too. :)

I was going to wager a guess at Tony Jay (EDIT: ...who did the narrator in the Bard's Tale "reimagining"), but apparently he passed away some years ago.
aw man dont get me started on tony jay. He played my favorite villain ever in reboot. MEGABYTE

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
I'm just loving watching people who aren't interested in this game jump on a person who's also not interested because they feel that his/her reason isn't good enough to not like it.

I agree. "Feminized" platemail (that is, meant to look like a woman's outfit) is dumb enough for me to not want to be involved unless the armor dress has a truly inspired look. I'm hard pressed to actually think of a game that does this, however.

So yeah, boobplate = no thanks.

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
It looks interesting, and the coop being more than "Glorious hero/Dastardly villain and Other guy" is nice (even though I'd be playing it single player if there is the option), but they want a 5-10 year life span? I know you're supposed to aim high, but you have to build a rocket before you can reach the stars. I don't think this game is enough of a "rocket" to last that long. Its been pointed out before a few times, but that 5-10 year lifespan probably will end up being 6 months of "OOH Fable" followed by a couple years of DLC. That and I seriously doubt im going to be getting an Xbox one

ecoho said:
No armour is designed to deflect blows to the away, reducing the impact. All boobplate does is guide your enemy's strikes toward your heart, the only way it would be helpful is if you could convince the enemy to wear it. Not to mention it would take more metal and crafting time to add on two cups to the armour. This goes into more detail: [link]http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/05/boob-plate-armor-would-kill-you[/link]

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Well as long as it isn't going to take them five years to finish beta testing and bug fixing, it should be okay.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
soren7550 said:
They're not planing another Fable game for the next 5-10 years? Shit.

You just gotta keep me suspended, eh? What with having Fable: Edge of the World end with
Reaver taking control of the Sanctuary and becoming the puppet master over the Queen of Albion, while the King is held captive in a Darkness controlled Samarkand.

While there is a chance that they'll make a sequel book to that, it doesn't seem all too likely.
Wait, there's a new Fable book? I only knew about the first two. I definitely have to get this when I have the chance.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Vault Citizen said:
soren7550 said:

You just gotta keep me suspended, eh? What with having Fable: Edge of the World end with
Reaver taking control of the Sanctuary and becoming the puppet master over the Queen of Albion, while the King is held captive in a Darkness controlled Samarkand.

While there is a chance that they'll make a sequel book to that, it doesn't seem all too likely.
Wait, there's a new Fable book? I only knew about the first two. I definitely have to get this when I have the chance.
Yeah, and there's a few short story eBooks too I believe.

Edge of the World was pretty alright, and I'm sorry if I spoiled it for you (although to be fair, I did have a spoiler tag up).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It seen rather unfair that if you want to be the villain, you will be the mastermind while playing the hero, you can co op with other heroes. Why not have both feature on any side you picked (a villain teaming up with other villain to cause more havok or being a hero commanding others)?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
soren7550 said:
Vault Citizen said:
soren7550 said:

Yeah, and there's a few short story eBooks too I believe.

Edge of the World was pretty alright, and I'm sorry if I spoiled it for you (although to be fair, I did have a spoiler tag up).
I Did look at the spoiler but as you said you put a spoiler tag up so it was my choice to see the information.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Yuuki said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

lucky_sharm said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

Maiev Shadowsong.

"He."

-_-

Boobplate never existed in reality. Ever. It's a fact that armour designed that way will get you killed. The mounds deflect piercing blows directly into the center of your chest.

Also, Fable takes place in an industrial age, which means they have access to complex metals. Not only that, but when soldiers did wear skirts, they also wore leg guards.

The problem isn't entirely the skirt. The boobplate is flatout insanely dumb. But the skirt is only bad because it's a woman, again. Would they have given a man the skirt? I doubt it. We see plenty of female warriors in skirts, but men are almost entirely given full armour. I'd like some balance in the genders.
Dogstile said:
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Yuuki said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

lucky_sharm said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

Maiev Shadowsong.

"He."

-_-

I never said "boobplate" existed I said most armors were designed to the shape of the warriors chest, as women were not allowed to fight while plate armor was being used "boobplate" never existed. Also fable takes place in several timelines not just the industrial age, in fact this looks to be in between the first two games in time period which means no guns.
As to the plate skirts yes they usually had greaves on their lower legs but thighs were very rarely covered due to the loss of mobility. That's what the shield was for:)
Right, except that you posted that "armor was always made to shape the warriors chest" in response to comments about the boobplate. In other words, by you arguing against people saying its ridiculous and using that specific argument, you are inferring that you think boobplate was a thing.

This is something that isn't true.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k4/KorpiklaaniKid/tumblr_mhz3ohFUGc1rcq9lto1_500_zps7c1549b8.jpg

Now warriors did wear skirts if they could afford it. Mobile and effective. They would however wear armour under it. The fighting in a skirt without leg armour, or only grieves is a very greek/egyptian/roman thing. English soldiers wore padded armour at the very least, it helped fend off the cold and provided more protection than a mail skirt would do.

Since this game is made by a UK company and the inhabitants all seem very English, i'd say that the padded armour thing is plausible.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Dogstile said:
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Yuuki said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

lucky_sharm said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

Maiev Shadowsong.

"He."

-_-

Dogstile said:
ecoho said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Yuuki said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

lucky_sharm said:
Maiev Shadowsong said:
Boobplate. Miniskirt.

Maiev Shadowsong.

"He."

-_-

Right, except that you posted that "armor was always made to shape the warriors chest" in response to comments about the boobplate. In other words, by you arguing against people saying its ridiculous and using that specific argument, you are inferring that you think boobplate was a thing.

This is something that isn't true.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k4/KorpiklaaniKid/tumblr_mhz3ohFUGc1rcq9lto1_500_zps7c1549b8.jpg

Now warriors did wear skirts if they could afford it. Mobile and effective. They would however wear armour under it. The fighting in a skirt without leg armour, or only grieves is a very greek/egyptian/roman thing. English soldiers wore padded armour at the very least, it helped fend off the cold and provided more protection than a mail skirt would do.

Since this game is made by a UK company and the inhabitants all seem very English, i'd say that the padded armour thing is plausible.
the photo you linked was articulated plate which was designed for ease of movement but wasn't used in England till after gunpowder was invented. You are right however they did usually have padded armor on the legs not just greaves and that was a misspeak on my part for when I said the thighs were left uncovered I was referring to them being covered in plate.

Now while "boobplate" was not a thing (and I stated that It was not) there are many different examples of plate armor that not only matched the chest of the warrior that wore it but in some cases showed the warriors chest as perfect or pristine. Yes this is most prevalent in the greeks but was found in the armor of the romans and early British knights(though as you might expect the excessive details were discarded due to the time it took to make them.) this type of armor was used by most knights well through the gothic age, till about the middle renaissance when gun powder was invented and plate armor was pretty much becoming obsolete in favor of just thick breastplates.